Synthetic Vitamin C: Another Blow At Fortification

yerrag

When are you testing your urine in relation to the ascorbic dosage? I was taking up to 5 grams of ascorbic acid powder per dose at one point, and I'd check my urine during my next couple of trips to the bathroom (maybe an hour to two hours later) and was surprised that it never seemed to drop below 6 pH, in fact it was close to 7 pH at times. I don't know how quickly it's excreted though, so maybe my timing was off. When not taking anything I stay in the 6-7 range, so I'm not overly alkaline. My most acidic times are first thing in the morning and after a heavy meal.

I take my ascorbic acid an hour after each of my 3 meals. And I take my urine pH mostly at 7am, noon, 4-5pm, 8pm, and 10 pm. My urine pH goes 5.5 (or possibly below - min pH on strip is 5.5) even when I'm not taking anything. I believe it could be from my high uric acid levels (390), which although within range, is still on the high side of range. I don't know if an existing dental periodontal condition where a pocket of bacteria exists could also bring down the acidity of my ecf, but it is more likely than not.

Douglas Ek

I have not verified these claims as I'm writing this in transit.

"Here are the vital facts you need to know about synthetic Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) that is present in vitamin pills and added to foods as a preservative:
  • It is not found anywhere in nature, it’s made in a lab.
  • Although it is chemically similar to real Vitamin C, synthetic ascorbic acid is lacking in all of these other important factors that are found in true Vitamin C:
    • Rutin
    • Bioflavonoids (Vitamin P)
    • Factor K
    • Factor J
    • Factor P
    • Tyrosinase
    • Ascorbinogen
  • Synthetic ascorbic acid kills bacteria, which is why it is used as a preservative in foods and juices, however, this fake version also kills your beneficial microbes – so it’s not great for your immune system overall!
  • Manmade Vitamin C is synthesized from corn syrup, which most health-conscious folks avidly avoid because of the potential risks of genetically modified corn.
  • Taking a large dose of ascorbic acid can reduce our copper levels.„
The Surprising Truth About Vitamin C

All in all a perfect recipe for metabolic disaster.

I can testify vitamin C dont have same effects as natural. I can drink 2 liters of orange juice and feel great. And ascorbic acid even if i take a lower dose like 200mg within 1 hour i will have migraine. The higher the dose the worse it gets. Get same results from all vitamin C supps. If its not food that has been grinded to a powder without added ascorbic acid i cant take it.

Ella

Forum Supporter
I take my ascorbic acid an hour after each of my 3 meals. And I take my urine pH mostly at 7am, noon, 4-5pm, 8pm, and 10 pm. My urine pH goes 5.5 (or possibly below - min pH on strip is 5.5) even when I'm not taking anything. I believe it could be from my high uric acid levels (390), which although within range, is still on the high side of range. I don't know if an existing dental periodontal condition where a pocket of bacteria exists could also bring down the acidity of my ecf, but it is more likely than not.

Perhaps you are low in calcium since lead toxicity is seen individuals who have low calcium. Calcium is low in individuals who have high blood pressure.

Are you supplementing thyroid, as sufficient thyroid hormone is required to clear bacterial infections and keep them at bay. Thyroid should increase when fighting an infection.

yerrag

Perhaps you are low in calcium since lead toxicity is seen individuals who have low calcium. Calcium is low in individuals who have high blood pressure.

Are you supplementing thyroid, as sufficient thyroid hormone is required to clear bacterial infections and keep them at bay. Thyroid should increase when fighting an infection.
That's an interesting point. I took about 1200mg of calcium in calcium ascorbate the past 3 days. I don't know if it is a coincidence, but it seemed to have lowered my need to urinate significantly. I felt no urge to urinate during the day and at night I slept with less need to wake up to urinate. I had taken magnesium ascorbate and potassium ascorbate in the past, but don't have similar results. I had lower blood pressure readings as well with my calcium ascorbate supplementation. Again, I did not experience such results when I was taken calcium acetate.

I didn't really take as large a dose of calcium before though, maxing out at 800mg. I had always shied away from large doses of calcium supplementation, primarily due to fear of constipation. But after using doses of 1600 and 1200 mg of daily calcium in calcium ascorbate, I experienced softer stools, and so there goes my fear. Perhaps calcium ascorbate is better absorbed.

I'm not supplementing thyroid as it increases my blood pressure. I'll have the tooth with infection removed in a week. My temperature is at 37C. Do you still think I need to take thyroid? I have Tyromix on hand, but not using it.

Ella

Forum Supporter
That's an interesting point. I took about 1200mg of calcium in calcium ascorbate the past 3 days. I don't know if it is a coincidence, but it seemed to have lowered my need to urinate significantly. I felt no urge to urinate during the day and at night I slept with less need to wake up to urinate. I had taken magnesium ascorbate and potassium ascorbate in the past, but don't have similar results. I had lower blood pressure readings as well with my calcium ascorbate supplementation. Again, I did not experience such results when I was taken calcium acetate.

I didn't really take as large a dose of calcium before though, maxing out at 800mg. I had always shied away from large doses of calcium supplementation, primarily due to fear of constipation. But after using doses of 1600 and 1200 mg of daily calcium in calcium ascorbate, I experienced softer stools, and so there goes my fear. Perhaps calcium ascorbate is better absorbed.

I'm not supplementing thyroid as it increases my blood pressure. I'll have the tooth with infection removed in a week. My temperature is at 37C. Do you still think I need to take thyroid? I have Tyromix on hand, but not using it.

Yes there is so much scaremongering about calcium however, I consistently see low calcium in people. I am yet to find someone whose calcium levels are good. High blood pressure, lead toxicity and a whole suite of toxic metals including those radioactive ones are going to be high in someone with low calcium and high blood pressure is the symptom of such etiology.

So there will be low calcium were it should be and high calcium in soft tissues like arteries. High blood pressure will result in calcification in the arteries, so you really need to get it under control. I think if you have soft tissue calcification; thyroid may not be optimal. If you have any infection in the mouth, then thyroid will is constantly poisoned and not functioning optimally. If infection is not severe, optimising thyroid may resolve the infection and keep it under control.

Have you done labs for thyroid and know for sure you don't have low functioning thyroid? Infection can raise thyroid where you will be hyperthyroid, thus raising the temperature and pulse rate to over 90. Usually temps will be 37 - 37.8, hovering just above 37 when previously temps have been low to mid 36's. Also high blood pressure over 200 systolic and > 100 diastolic also a sign of infection, like LPS triggering inflammation in the arteries or some sort of allergic rxn triggering prostaglandins, histamine, serotonin, nitric oxide, and estrogen.

Depletion of glycogen also a factor in high blood pressure, triggering adrenaline and the inflammatory cascade.

Have you tried the eggshell powder and I guess you are not a milk and dairy consumer.

I can't tell you if you need to take thyroid, but if your pulse is low, then I would be looking to have in the 90s to fight an infection. Even if you remove the infected tooth, infection will still be there in the gum and needs to be scraped out down to the bone.

Your dentist needs to know the status of your thyroid function prior to dental procedure to avoid undesirable side-effects. He will need to know you are taking the T3 and if your labs are OK you will need to explain to him why you are taking it. He will also need to know about your high blood pressure and if T3 raises BP, then I don't think it wise to risk it when you are having the dental procedure.

I read Mark Starr's book when I had my physical breakdown (10 years ago) in which he addresses gum and dental infections and hypothyroidism. He seemed to favour dessicated thyroid and seaweed back then. Still Dr Peat is the go to man.

Hypothyroidism Type 2 (Dec 2008) Townsend Letter for Doctors & Patients

Management of hyperthyroid patients in dental emergencies: a case report

Ella

Forum Supporter
@jitsmonkey I would appreciate which part you think is utter nonsense.

@yerrag, I didn't realise the tyromix was a t4/t3 combo. As it is @haidut's product, he would be best to ask if it's OK with the dental procedure. Still if you are going to undergo surgery you and your dentist need to be aware of your health status so he is prepared for any complications.

Would have been nice to know whether the t4/t3 combo would have resolved the infection without having to sacrifice the tooth. I am not suggesting you cancel the procedure. You know best what you are dealing with.

yerrag

@jitsmonkey I would appreciate which part you think is utter nonsense.
Cat's got his tongue.

Yes there is so much scaremongering about calcium however, I consistently see low calcium in people. I am yet to find someone whose calcium levels are good. High blood pressure, lead toxicity and a whole suite of toxic metals including those radioactive ones are going to be high in someone with low calcium and high blood pressure is the symptom of such etiology.
I didn't know low calcium has this effect. More often I hear about calcium causing high blood pressure, given there are calcium channel blockers that are meant to reduce blood pressure. And of course that is a mainstream medical solution.Then I also hear of Dr. Carolyn Dean saying good things about magnesium and bad things about calcium, even suggesting that the ratio of supplementation of magnesium:calcium be 1:1. This is part of the scaremongering you refer to. But of course calcium can be bad when one is hypothyroid, as discussed between haidut and danny roddy in an episode of Generative Energy. But it really depends on the context and it's just easier for the scaremongers to say, without qualification that calcium is bad. And most believe them.
So there will be low calcium were it should be and high calcium in soft tissues like arteries. High blood pressure will result in calcification in the arteries, so you really need to get it under control. I think if you have soft tissue calcification; thyroid may not be optimal. If you have any infection in the mouth, then thyroid will is constantly poisoned and not functioning optimally. If infection is not severe, optimising thyroid may resolve the infection and keep it under control.
Thankfully, I'm not hypothyroid. Temperature is 37C. My ECG QTc is below 440msec. My heart rate though can be better though. I wake up to 54 bpm but it goes up to 70 as the day goes. Given that I'm euthyroid, I believe that I'm less likely to have soft tissue calcification.
Have you done labs for thyroid and know for sure you don't have low functioning thyroid? Infection can raise thyroid where you will be hyperthyroid, thus raising the temperature and pulse rate to over 90. Usually temps will be 37 - 37.8, hovering just above 37 when previously temps have been low to mid 36's. Also high blood pressure over 200 systolic and > 100 diastolic also a sign of infection, like LPS triggering inflammation in the arteries or some sort of allergic rxn triggering prostaglandins, histamine, serotonin, nitric oxide, and estrogen.
As stated above, I'm euthyroid. As for the infection, it's not making my temperature go much higher than 37C.

It may be the case that the infection is expressed in high blood pressure. I've pretty much stabilized around 180/120 and won't budge much lower. I think though that my eNOS (the good one, I think) is low, more likely it's being used to to counter ROS from either my lead toxic kidneys and/or the bacterial endotoxins associated with my periodontal infection.

Depletion of glycogen also a factor in high blood pressure, triggering adrenaline and the inflammatory cascade.
That may be. Unitl 4 days ago, I've not been sleeping well for a year, having to wake up to urinate 3-4x a night. That could keep my glycogen stores from building up at night for use during the day. Since I've found the cause (too much acid load from ascorbic acid supplementation, coupled with low body alkali reserves), I'm sleeping much better these days (using more bicarbonate supplementation and using ascorbates instead of ascorbic acid). I hope to see better systolic numbers.
Have you tried the eggshell powder and I guess you are not a milk and dairy consumer.
I use it sprinkled on my egg during breakfast. I had used it before sprinkled on the froth of my coffee, but I've stayed off coffee for a while since it raises my blood pressure. I drink a glass of milk each night. I also eat plenty of cooked leafy greens for calcium. It may not have been enough to meet my 1600 calcium RDA, so now I'm going to start with supplementing about 800mg of calcium in calcium ascorbate.
I can't tell you if you need to take thyroid, but if your pulse is low, then I would be looking to have in the 90s to fight an infection. Even if you remove the infected tooth, infection will still be there in the gum and needs to be scraped out down to the bone.
I'll give that a shot. It raises my blood pressure though, and that's why I've avoided using it. But I could still try it even if it raises my blood pressure. I've come down from 240/140 before, and even with that high a blood pressure, I was doing well. Not that it's something I'd want, but if it's just for a short while before I get my teeth pulled, why not? I may learn something from it.
Your dentist needs to know the status of your thyroid function prior to dental procedure to avoid undesirable side-effects. He will need to know you are taking the T3 and if your labs are OK you will need to explain to him why you are taking it. He will also need to know about your high blood pressure and if T3 raises BP, then I don't think it wise to risk it when you are having the dental procedure.
He knows about my high blood pressure and he's used to it. He's pulled out 4 of my teeth :):eek:) before in similar situations and I've had no problem. Not sure if he's pulling my leg, but he says I handle it well with little pain and he says it's because I have strong immunity. I have a week to go before I have the final tooth pulled, so there's enough time to play with the thyroid.
I didn't realise the tyromix was a t4/t3 combo. As it is @haidut's product, he would be best to ask if it's OK with the dental procedure. Still if you are going to undergo surgery you and your dentist need to be aware of your health status so he is prepared for any complications.

Would have been nice to know whether the t4/t3 combo would have resolved the infection without having to sacrifice the tooth. I am not suggesting you cancel the procedure. You know best what you are dealing with

The tooth is already dead, so it's beyond saving. I just don't know how long it's been that way. Dentist says they expect it to be a huge cleanup with the large bacterial colony underneath. Perhaps I will see a sea change in my health shortly after it's extracted.

Ella

Forum Supporter
haps I will see a sea change in my health shortly after it's extracted.

With that sort of bacterial load, I am sure your health will be doing much better with the energy freed up for more fun than fighting nasty bugs.

Your blood pressure is indicative of bacterial load. When it is this high and yours is crazy high not just elevated (I'm sure you know this) then I would be willing to bet it is due to the infection.

As the infection is so close to the arteries which supply the head and brain, do you get burning sensations in your neck, head, pain around your eyes and I'm sure there will be pain in the jaw area? Blood pressure will be high in trying to get blood to the brain. It is these arteries which I would be more concerned. Have your dr check carotid artery for any blockages.

The fact that you have so many teeth infected is a red flag as to thyroid not being optimal. Do you know your reverse T3?

Your pulse rate is low and you would want much higher than this especially dealing with infection. Metabolism increases when dealing with a bacterial infection and your pulse does not show this. How do you know immune system is able to fight?

If your metabolism is still low during infection it is a sign thyroid is not right.

Do you have elevated inflammatory markers CRP and ESR + ferritin?

Do you know your cortisol levels. High cortisol inhibits the immune response.

I think if you add sugar to your milk before bed, will help to stop the nocturnal trips to pee.

Glad you stop the crazy high ascorbic acid supplementation. With high blood pressure your kidneys will be stressed and then forcing a high load of toxins through those delicate vessels is going to stress them further. They can be easily damaged, so I would always to gentler methods.

Orange juice as mentioned before is plenty powerful. Marmalade is delicious and Peat has mentioned either magnesium or sodium succinic acid which acts as an ion exchange in getting calcium out of the arteries. You want to be careful that you don't force heavy metals like lead out of tissue and organ sites and redistribute heavy metals like lead or mercury into the brain.

Have you added K2 to help with blood pressure? Calcium and Vitamin D needs to be optimised especially if you are dealing with an infectious milieu.

yerrag

With that sort of bacterial load, I am sure your health will be doing much better with the energy freed up for more fun than fighting nasty bugs.

Your blood pressure is indicative of bacterial load. When it is this high and yours is crazy high not just elevated (I'm sure you know this) then I would be willing to bet it is due to the infection.

As the infection is so close to the arteries which supply the head and brain, do you get burning sensations in your neck, head, pain around your eyes and I'm sure there will be pain in the jaw area? Blood pressure will be high in trying to get blood to the brain. It is these arteries which I would be more concerned. Have your dr check carotid artery for any blockages.
I don't experience pain. No headaches even. The only pain is a slight left knee pain occasionally.
The fact that you have so many teeth infected is a red flag as to thyroid not being optimal. Do you know your reverse T3?
No. It costs too much to test here. I used temperature, Achilles tendon reflex, and ECG QTc and they all check out well. It's not likely I'm hypothyroid.

It may have been in the past where I was hypothyroid without knowing it, and that was why I have bad teeth. Also, I had so many fillings before that it led to mercury toxicity. But those have been removed by a biological dentist and I've undergone chelation to sweep traces of mercury toxicity and have confirmed they've gone below limits. Having so many cavities develop even while I was careful to brush my teeth indicates, for me, that I was calcium-deficient. However, it's odd that I have strong bones as my ankles are very sturdy and it healed very well when I had a terrible injury when I played soccer, but it healed well to be good as new, to my surprise (I was told it would never get back to its former state).
Your pulse rate is low and you would want much higher than this especially dealing with infection. Metabolism increases when dealing with a bacterial infection and your pulse does not show this. How do you know immune system is able to fight?

If your metabolism is still low during infection it is a sign thyroid is not right.

Do you have elevated inflammatory markers CRP and ESR + ferritin?

Do you know your cortisol levels. High cortisol inhibits the immune response.
I think my low pulse rate is due to my lead kidney toxicity, the other problem I have. I reason that the body is downregulating my metabolism so that it can neutralize the oxidative effects of my current metabolic rate, amplified by the oxidative effects of lead. Boosting the metabolic rate would cause more tissue damage since the body would not be able to counter the ROS from the lead toxicity.

I've tested my CRP, ESR, ferritin, and both am and pm cortisol. They all show excellent numbers. However, my LDH alternates between just below the high side of range and slightly above limits. It would appear that even with some tissue destruction occurring, inflammation has been under control for some reason.
I think if you add sugar to your milk before bed, will help to stop the nocturnal trips to pee.
I've been doing that for a while but to no effect. It was only lately that I started to test my urine pH to realize that the acidic ecf I had was causing me to pee a lot both day and night. Once I stopped magnesium chloride and ascorbic acid and stopped drinking a sour orange juice (these were the culprits) and increasing bicarbonate supplementation, my urination and my sleep have improved greatly.

Glad you stop the crazy high ascorbic acid supplementation. With high blood pressure your kidneys will be stressed and then forcing a high load of toxins through those delicate vessels is going to stress them further. They can be easily damaged, so I would always to gentler methods.

Orange juice as mentioned before is plenty powerful. Marmalade is delicious and Peat has mentioned either magnesium or sodium succinic acid which acts as an ion exchange in getting calcium out of the arteries. You want to be careful that you don't force heavy metals like lead out of tissue and organ sites and redistribute heavy metals like lead or mercury into the brain.
I was glad to finally figure out that taking high doses of AA wasn't good for my current context. I suspect the lead toxic and periodontal bacterial infectious conditions were robbing me of alkali reserves, and as a result, I have low alkaline buffers.

I'm going to start making my own magnesium succinate and will start taking it shortly. I just have to find the right blend of supplementation. For now, I'm thinking of 400 mg magnesium from magnesium succinate, bicarbonates (equiv. to the bicarb in 5g of baking soda), and 800mg of calcium ascorbate as my protocol for both chelating lead, and for boosting my alkaline buffers to keep my ecf pH from going down.

I'm taking some detox supplements as well such as zinc, NAC, vitamin b6, and selenomethionine to aid the liver in detox so the chelated lead doesn't get back into circulation.

I can take some orange juice but they are expensive here so I'm hoping I can get by with calcium ascorbate.

Last edited:

yerrag

Have you added K2 to help with blood pressure? Calcium and Vitamin D needs to be optimised especially if you are dealing with an infectious milieu.
I test out well with my vitamin D. I tried K2 in the amounts Peat suggested (was it 50mg/day?). It had no effect unfortunately.

Ella

Forum Supporter
I used temperature, Achilles tendon reflex, and ECG QTc and they all check out well. It's not likely I'm hypothyroid.

Your right all point to thyroid function being OK.

I reason that the body is downregulating my metabolism so that it can neutralize the oxidative effects of my current metabolic rate, amplified by the oxidative effects of lead.

Maybe?? I have excreted lots of lead in the past. I was never a milk or dairy consumer growing up. Like every one of my generation ended up with a mouth full of silver amalgam fillings. Lead in paints and petrol. It was only when I started consuming milk and eating cheese that I started excreting the lead. However, I never experienced low pulse rate. I have always managed to keep it >80. If it goes <80 then I know I am not eating enough calories.

Perhaps you are not getting enough food/adequate calories. Supplementation does not make up for a good diet.

My experience with people with these high bp readings is under-eating, triggering low blood sugar states -> adrenaline. Liver is not storing glycogen and easily depleted.

my LDH alternates between just below the high side of range and slightly above limits. It would appear that even with some tissue destruction occurring, inflammation has been under control for some reason.

Tissue destruction still worries me the most even if it does not show up in inflammatory markers. We may not see calcium and fibrosis in the larger arteries and even some build up is not going to be as devastating to calcification and fibrosis in those tiny, tiny arteries that supply the eyes and brain tissue.

It sounds like you are relatively young and the body can support great insults however the the damage is most noticeable as we age. Those tiny arteries need to supply blood for nourishment and waste removal from the eyes.

I'm thinking of 400 mg magnesium from magnesium succinate, bicarbonates (equiv. to the bicarb in 5g of baking soda), and 800mg of calcium ascorbate as my protocol for both chelating lead, and for boosting my alkaline buffers to keep my ecf pH from going down.

400mg magnesium succinic acid sounds reasonable. I am currently doing higher than this for a lady with temporal arteritis. Drs says there is nothing that can be used to reverse the calcification only slow it down. Zoledronic acid, risedronate, alendronate is treatment when calcium levels are high in serum to mitigate calcium lose due to steriod meds.

So I am using mag succinic acid, progesterone, aspirin, orange juice. I need the K2 for the aspirin. Too scared to use EDTA as the risk of more calcium building in these tiny arteries. Vision loss is the defining symptom for diagnosis. However, many drs are not thinking GCA when a patient presents with a headache.

Your are probably younger than the demographics presenting with this condition. It is found in individuals >60 with more women presenting than men.

I have included pdf for your interest just in case. The viral connection which is discussed is of most interest to me. But any infectious scenario and high antibiotic use is connected with GCA. Many different bacterial species have been found from tissue biospies. There is no one culprit but many different organisms. Even Lyme has been associated with GCA. This is why infected teeth are a cause for concern.

I have discussed the connection with infections with many drs and specialists. Many think the fact infection presenting at the same time as GCA is coincidental. I am yet to be convince, because no-one has any idea and the research is pointing to an infectious milieu. Of interest too is cataract surgery.

Unfortunately, a biospy is not repeated to track improvement in calcium and fibrosis. It can only be done in the first instance to obtain +ve diagnosis. Tricky to get around the standard protocol for this. In Europe, ultrasound is used and I think would be valuable for more drs to be familiar with it. We need to go by symptoms and I don't know how valuable inflammatory markers are if being suppressed by steriods.

lead doesn't get back into circulation.

Even though lead has been removed in paints and petrol, it is ever present in the environment.

I see high lead levels all the time in young people and dogs. Dogs live close to the soil, even in pristine environments, liked mountains far from industry. They have extremely high levels. Owner's underestimate the amount of calcium required for dogs, especially being fed a raw meat diet without enough bone and calcium supplementation. Once eggshell powder is given, they dump massive amounts of lead.

I tried K2 in the amounts Peat suggested (was it 50mg/day?). It had no effect unfortunately.

That's interesting considering he says one week on K2 reduces blood pressure. But then K2 needs its synergistic partners and perhaps calcium is the limiting mineral for you.

I like to use K2 to mitigate aspirin.

I am not suggesting GCA is indicative in your situation, only to be aware as you get older due to the high bp.

I am assuming your dr has ruled out adrenaline secreting adrenal tumours?

Many people resign themselves into thinking, well that's my blood pressure and there's is no solution. Calcium has a relaxing effect on the nervous system and usually individuals who are short on Ca will tend to be anxious and over react - in sympathetic overdrive.

Good you are leaving no stone unturned.

Attachments

• Diagnosis and Treatment Giant Cell Arteritis_supp.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 18

rei

Thats why I take Acerola powder.

Although I don't belive that taking synthetic vitamin C is catastrophic to health. I once used 100 grams of pure ascorbic acid during a year.

Hehe, I used 1kg in 2 years with good results. It was before i found peat so i had no concept of endotoxin, and this is probably why the laxative/flush/detox effect from ~15g doses seemed so beneficial. Nowadays other nutritional and lifestyle changes have made the benefit much more subtle so i do it only about once a month, in combination with large iodine doses. Outside of that i rely on what my multivitamin provides.

It is critical to have enough vitamin c in the diet because it is necessary for beta oxidation. The RDA intake will ensure you don't get scurvy but you most certainly don't get enough for optimal levels.

Last edited:

yerrag

I tried some thyroid (Tyromix). It didn't increase my heart rate, but it greatly increased my blood pressure. It would seem to me my body is resisting my efforts to increase my metabolic rate by constricting my blood vessels.
Maybe?? I have excreted lots of lead in the past. I was never a milk or dairy consumer growing up. Like every one of my generation ended up with a mouth full of silver amalgam fillings. Lead in paints and petrol. It was only when I started consuming milk and eating cheese that I started excreting the lead. However, I never experienced low pulse rate. I have always managed to keep it >80. If it goes <80 then I know I am not eating enough calories.

Perhaps you are not getting enough food/adequate calories. Supplementation does not make up for a good diet.

My experience with people with these high bp readings is under-eating, triggering low blood sugar states -> adrenaline. Liver is not storing glycogen and easily depleted.
I'm not restricting calories at all. Protein is less these days, but I made sure it's adequate. Rice and sugar and fruit juice adequate. Eat cooked greens regularly. And a glass of milk before I turn in. Would have to make daily 800mg calcium supplementation with calcium ascorbate regular.

On calcium, my high intake of a sour orange may have caused calcium to be excreted due to the high amount of citric acid. Since becoming aware of this, I've become more selective with the type of fruits I take for juicing. Hopefully, this will help me with my calcium balance.

It's more likely that my lack of sleep in the past has affected my glycogen stores and affected my blood pressure readings. But this is already being addressed as I'm starting to sleep better these days after finding the cause of it and fixing it - excess urination caused by acidic intake of food and supplements.
That's interesting considering he says one week on K2 reduces blood pressure. But then K2 needs its synergistic partners and perhaps calcium is the limiting mineral for you.
Have to focus more on calcium then. After supplementing magnesium therapeutically along with potassium, I have no concerns about getting too much calcium, so I can definitely get my supplemental calcium to go 800mg per day, and an equivalent amount through food such as milk, eggshell powder, and cooked green leaves.
I am not suggesting GCA is indicative in your situation, only to be aware as you get older due to the high bp.
I show no symptoms for GCA thankfully.
I am assuming your dr has ruled out adrenaline secreting adrenal tumours?
To be honest, I'm not seeing a doctor. I'm pretty much disillusioned with the quality of the diagnosis of conventional doctors. With naturopathic doctors here, I found their breadth and depth lacking as well, very much like a carpenter seeing everything as a nail. I find learning from the insights of people like you much more instructive. Plus, I find my problem-solving process more methodical than those of many doctors I encounter. And rightly so. They don't have enough time to really pin down my context.
Many people resign themselves into thinking, well that's my blood pressure and there's is no solution. Calcium has a relaxing effect on the nervous system and usually individuals who are short on Ca will tend to be anxious and over react - in sympathetic overdrive.
For a few years I was resigned to that thinking as I was at wit's end and couldn't find answers. I finally did find some improvements with supplementing with magnesium and ascorbic acid, but it was topsy-turvy as I had gotten sick from using the wrong forms. My blood pressure improved from 240/140 to 180/120 then hit a wall. I feel that I have done as much on the lead toxicity aspect with magnesium/ascorbic acid, and now I'm seeing thanks to you that I could extend my success with calcium. Removing two latently dead tooth and their attendant colonized pockets of periodontal anaerobic bacteria soon gives me hope that I could scale the wall further. I've learned that periodontal disease could cause microalbumineria and chronic kidney disease (see attachments).

My chiropractor died recently at 68, a relatively young age to die. He also had hypertension and could not resolve it. He wasn't taking medication for it but I know that he had resigned to it. He could have lived longer and helped more people had he found a way to lower it without medication. But I believe he would have died sooner had he resorted to blood pressure lowering medication. I believe high blood pressure to be the body's way to minimize stress on a given undiagnosed pathology. To take drugs to lower it is to question the wisdom of the body, and to intervene is to put stress where stress has been minimized, and this would cause further injury to the body. The body buys us time, while we the problem-solving process of first identifying the cause of the problem, and finally eradicate the cause. That is the challenge I've taken up. In the process, I've become more confident in my questioning of medical orthodoxy and the myths they foist upon us.

Attachments

• Periodontitis and CKD.pdf
    987 KB · Views: 6
  • Oxidative Stress in Periodontitis.pdf
    419.2 KB · Views: 8

InChristAlone

I tried some thyroid (Tyromix). It didn't increase my heart rate, but it greatly increased my blood pressure. It would seem to me my body is resisting my efforts to increase my metabolic rate by constricting my blood vessels.

I'm not restricting calories at all. Protein is less these days, but I made sure it's adequate. Rice and sugar and fruit juice adequate. Eat cooked greens regularly. And a glass of milk before I turn in. Would have to make daily 800mg calcium supplementation with calcium ascorbate regular.

On calcium, my high intake of a sour orange may have caused calcium to be excreted due to the high amount of citric acid. Since becoming aware of this, I've become more selective with the type of fruits I take for juicing. Hopefully, this will help me with my calcium balance.

It's more likely that my lack of sleep in the past has affected my glycogen stores and affected my blood pressure readings. But this is already being addressed as I'm starting to sleep better these days after finding the cause of it and fixing it - excess urination caused by acidic intake of food and supplements.

Have to focus more on calcium then. After supplementing magnesium therapeutically along with potassium, I have no concerns about getting too much calcium, so I can definitely get my supplemental calcium to go 800mg per day, and an equivalent amount through food such as milk, eggshell powder, and cooked green leaves.

I show no symptoms for GCA thankfully.

To be honest, I'm not seeing a doctor. I'm pretty much disillusioned with the quality of the diagnosis of conventional doctors. With naturopathic doctors here, I found their breadth and depth lacking as well, very much like a carpenter seeing everything as a nail. I find learning from the insights of people like you much more instructive. Plus, I find my problem-solving process more methodical than those of many doctors I encounter. And rightly so. They don't have enough time to really pin down my context.
For a few years I was resigned to that thinking as I was at wit's end and couldn't find answers. I finally did find some improvements with supplementing with magnesium and ascorbic acid, but it was topsy-turvy as I had gotten sick from using the wrong forms. My blood pressure improved from 240/140 to 180/120 then hit a wall. I feel that I have done as much on the lead toxicity aspect with magnesium/ascorbic acid, and now I'm seeing thanks to you that I could extend my success with calcium. Removing two latently dead tooth and their attendant colonized pockets of periodontal anaerobic bacteria soon gives me hope that I could scale the wall further. I've learned that periodontal disease could cause microalbumineria and chronic kidney disease (see attachments).

My chiropractor died recently at 68, a relatively young age to die. He also had hypertension and could not resolve it. He wasn't taking medication for it but I know that he had resigned to it. He could have lived longer and helped more people had he found a way to lower it without medication. But I believe he would have died sooner had he resorted to blood pressure lowering medication. I believe high blood pressure to be the body's way to minimize stress on a given undiagnosed pathology. To take drugs to lower it is to question the wisdom of the body, and to intervene is to put stress where stress has been minimized, and this would cause further injury to the body. The body buys us time, while we the problem-solving process of first identifying the cause of the problem, and finally eradicate the cause. That is the challenge I've taken up. In the process, I've become more confident in my questioning of medical orthodoxy and the myths they foist upon us.
How much vitamin A are you getting? Do you have a history of Acccutane or Retin-A use? I've been really looking in to this vitamin A issue and the fact that millions of people are getting kidney disease around the world is pretty sad and it's definitely not our genes it's gotta be our environment so looking at what is the variable in so many people across so many backgrounds. Vitamin A supps could be it.

yerrag

How much vitamin A are you getting? Do you have a history of Acccutane or Retin-A use? I've been really looking in to this vitamin A issue and the fact that millions of people are getting kidney disease around the world is pretty sad and it's definitely not our genes it's gotta be our environment so looking at what is the variable in so many people across so many backgrounds. Vitamin A supps could be it.
I don't get vitamin A supps but I eat oysters and goat liver and goat internal organs. I have no reason to think I'm deficient in vitamin A.

InChristAlone

I don't get vitamin A supps but I eat oysters and goat liver and goat internal organs. I have no reason to think I'm deficient in vitamin A.
I'm saying the needless fortification of vitamin A could be one reason.

yerrag

I'm saying the needless fortification of vitamin A could be one reason.
Oh. I misread you. I was careful not to take in too much vitamin A, eating these only once a week. But even before I began eating such food, about 2 years ago, I already had hypertension related to kidney issues. But your concern is well noted, as that could be a problem as well.

Sheila

Regarding Temporal Arteritis, with apologies for the thread hijack

@Ella dearest - your thoughts on this and the potential aetiologies have been most interesting. I have a 70 yo friend with same and guess what
- repeated tick and other insect bites
- poor teeth, one in particular but says 'no problem!' ie no action.
- cold feet suggestive of calcification
- ringing in the ears
- worse after antibiotics (originally misdiagnosed) - final straw, 'good bacteria now bad', liver exhausted, or some such
- receding hair at the temples (interesting connection @GAF thank you, makes sense)
- over-worker (hard, physical work of a bygone era), under-eater, always blood sugar swings: 'gets the jitters' and hypo-tensive BP
- early hysterectomy, no children

and whilst this could be the picture of many older rural women, TA is just they way her body has shown 'no longer ignorable' symptoms whereas others might be diagnosed with RA, high bp etc. Suggests then that it is the whole of terrain that colludes to produce the 'disease', not the calcification, the multiple potentials of infection, the blood pressure per se. Very rarely is health stuff 'co-incidental' in my experience but all my discussions with orthodox medicos suggest it is so. Yes, really it is! No one thanks you for shifting their paradigm, even when they ask you to....

Would be interested in your mag succinate source if possible, thank you.
Do you ever see gut irritation in dogs even with very finely ground egg shell calcium? Can not give bones to one of mine since maldigestion and consequent irritation appears to induce seizures. Which reminds me, watch giving orthodox Ca2+ channel interrupting wormers to mag deficient dogs (if you were to). If it can cause the worm to spasm it can cause the dog to do so also, if susceptible.....c'est le terrain again.

And @rei, re: "It was before i found peat so i had no concept of endotoxin, and this is probably why the laxative/flush/detox effect from ~15g doses [Vitamin C] seemed so beneficial" yes that is precisely what I concluded (so we can be right, or wrong together!) and now use if I have to induce a bowel motion tactically. So many people benefit amazingly from just a good, repeated poo, it can stop an early 'infection' in its tracks.

And with that, I will bid this thread adieu, at least I did mention Vitamin C!

Best regards,

Sheila

tankasnowgod

I thought I would repsond to each point

"Here are the vital facts you need to know about synthetic Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) that is present in vitamin pills and added to foods as a preservative:
  • It is not found anywhere in nature, it’s made in a lab.
Well, if the author is talking about Vitamin C powder or tablets, then this is technically true, but meaningless, as this simply defines the word "synthetic." If the author is referring to the Ascorbic Acid chemical itself, then the author is flat out wrong, it's found in all sorts of fruits and the blood of every living animal.
Okay, this is true..... but so what? You could say the same thing about any number of supplements or foods. More importantly, when animals make their own vitamin C (which all but humans, primates, guinea pigs, and the African fruit bat do), they only make Ascorbic Acid, not any of the substances listed here. The main benefits still come from Vitamin C.
  • Synthetic ascorbic acid kills bacteria, which is why it is used as a preservative in foods and juices, however, this fake version also kills your beneficial microbes – so it’s not great for your immune system overall!
Excellent! I love that Vitamin C kills off bacteria! I disagree that this, in any way, would be bad for my immune system. I also think "beneficial microbes" isn't exactly the correct term. More accurate would be "microbes that aren't as pathogenic as some other microbes, but microbes that still cause problems for the host organism none the less" would be much more accurate.
  • Manmade Vitamin C is synthesized from corn syrup, which most health-conscious folks avidly avoid because of the potential risks of genetically modified corn.
Okay, if this is true..... so what? I avoid corn syrup too, but a product like Ascorbic Acid that is made from corn syrup doesn't necessarily have anything in common with corn syrup. The MK-4 version of K2 is synthesized from tobacco leaves, but there is no way that taking a Vitamin K2 MK4 supplement is in any way similar to smoking a cigarette.
Well, since this statement doesn't say "will," there is now way to refute it. Or even know if this is a good or bad thing. One of the studies I posted about Vitamin C in the following thread looked at the look term effects of Vitamin C on ferritin levels, and some went up, some down, and some basically stayed the same.- Vitamin C Is An Endotoxin Antagonist And Can Reduce Cortisol And Inflammation

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals