The High Serotonin Personality

BruceD

From what food did you get your protein from? Excluding BCAA and collagen? Some people go so far with this tryptophan depletion thing than they eat too little protein in general and get some mineral or vitamin imbalance.

Beef, chicken, any meats really, whey protein, shrimp, milk. And I didn't really eat collagen/BCAA for every protein meal, just the big one's.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Beef, chicken, any meats really, whey protein, shrimp, milk. And I didn't really eat collagen/BCAA for every protein meal, just the big one's.
So from the foods you mentioned, how exactly were you avoiding tryptophan?

BruceD

So from the foods you mentioned, how exactly were you avoiding tryptophan?

BCAAs or collagen on every meal. And no dumping spoonfuls in my mouth every night. The odd glass of milk or cheese here or there I didn't bother.

Nigluva

I wanted to read your article but when it asks me for my email and name I just closed the window. What a highly annoying way to setup your website. It makes me take less seriously any of your information. I just wanted to read an article, not sign up for regular email updates of whatever it is you are marketing.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I wanted to read your article but when it asks me for my email and name I just closed the window. What a highly annoying way to setup your website. It makes me take less seriously any of your information. I just wanted to read an article, not sign up for regular email updates of whatever it is you are marketing.

If you looked closely you would have seen two links. The first one is to redirect you to my new website, MenElite, where you can read the article (without having to give your email). The second link is for those who don't want to read the whole article and just want the list of the 5 top supplements to lower serotonin.

But no problem for not signing up. If you did, you would be receiving my Fun Fact Friday newsletter which I send out to my readers every Friday. In that newsletter, I share some highlights of that week as well as interesting, instructive and constructive things I read and find worth sharing. I also share a bit about what I researched, experimented with and what I'm working on. I also use that newsletter to let everyone know about the new article that I released that week so everyone can stay updated. I might also make a P.S. at the end which might say that I just finished with a new product. I'm sure you wouldn't want to be bothered with all of that annoying stuff, so definitely don't click on this link to join.

P.S. here is the link to the high serotonin personality article for those of you who want to read it: The High Serotonin Personality

LuMonty

@Hans I enjoyed the article you linked but wanted to give you a heads-up. In your bullet-point list you have "sinical" as one of the traits but the word you're looking for is "cynical."

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans I enjoyed the article you linked but wanted to give you a heads-up. In your bullet-point list you have "sinical" as one of the traits but the word you're looking for is "cynical."
Thanks, I don't know how that one slipped past me.:thumbsup:
I can't edit the OP, but I fixed it in the article though.

gaze

Thanks, I don't know how that one slipped past me.:thumbsup:
I can't edit the OP, but I fixed it in the article though.

not that it really matters at all, but why can’t you edit the OP? great thread/article btw

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
not that it really matters at all, but why can’t you edit the OP? great thread/article btw
Thanks. Just for some reason I don't have an edit option.

Sofia

Berne called it a personality with low selfesteem, they basically dont want to feel losers but they still do. The book was called i think ”Games people play”. And when i look at this serotonin type/ loser type personality, I think to myself: its just brain diabetes, i had it as well.

Berne called it a personality with low selfesteem, they basically dont want to feel losers but they still do. The book was called i think ”Games people play”. And when i look at this serotonin type/ loser type personality, I think to myself: its just brain diabetes, i had it as well.

For anyone interested in Berne's idea:

Attachments

• course_2643_reading_3.pdf
    529.8 KB · Views: 53

lampofred

I've been reading into Fernstrom ratios and how strongly they are related to brain 5ht. Apparently corn is extremely good (and egg whites, whey are the worst). Chicken liver and ricotta cheese are pretty good also (better than the regular milk, OJ). Maybe that's why Dr. Peat mentioned he likes tortillas and cheese so much.

You cured brain diabetes? Or do you mean you started eating coconut oil or something like that because the MCTs serve as an alternative source of fuel for the brain?

opethfeldt

Just about everyone I know and myself, at my worst, are like this. It's funny. Raising androgens and lowering estrogen simply took me from the weak, depressed end of the spectrum to the aggressive, a-hole side of the spectrum until I focused on lowering serotonin specifically. I still "devolve" at times. Definitely some trauma contributing to this, unfortunately.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Just about everyone I know and myself, at my worst, are like this. It's funny. Raising androgens and lowering estrogen simply took me from the weak, depressed end of the spectrum to the aggressive, a-hole side of the spectrum until I focused on lowering serotonin specifically. I still "devolve" at times. Definitely some trauma contributing to this, unfortunately.
Cool man. What has worked for you personally to lower serotonin?

opethfeldt

Cool man. What has worked for you personally to lower serotonin?
Can't really pin down one thing that was a revelation in lowering serotonin. I think the most useful supplements were DHEA orally, cyproheptadine, coffee and progesterone. Getting lots of bright light is also very helpful.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Can't really pin down one thing that was a revelation in lowering serotonin. I think the most useful supplements were DHEA orally, cyproheptadine, coffee and progesterone. Getting lots of bright light is also very helpful.
Thanks, and how much of each were you using?

opethfeldt

Thanks, and how much of each were you using?
It changes all the time but right now I use 10mg of DHEA (5mg AM and PM), 1.5 mg of cypro (1mg AM, .5mg PM), 250mg or so of caffeine from coffee (2-3 cups) and 3mg of progesterone topically.

ilhanxx

when I use ketotifen or famoditine, My mood and erectile quality are terrible, I feel sleepy all day like a zombie, but gut motility is perfect, why is that?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
when I use ketotifen or famoditine, My mood and erectile quality are terrible, I feel sleepy all day like a zombie, but gut motility is perfect, why is that?
Histamine is involved in mood, energy, motivation, erection, libido and so on, so blocking it could induce those side effects.

Edit: I should also add that antagonism of H1 and H2 could leave more histamine to bind to H3, which lowers dopamine levels, as H3 antagonists are able to increase dopamine, or at least prevent a decline in dopamine, induced by H3 agonism.

Last edited:

SonOfEurope

The depressing part is that coffee prevents me from sleeping, even just one in the morning. I wish I could have caffeine without insomnia, because it makes me a much more likable person.

What other options than caffeine do I have to increase dopamine without creating a tolerance?

Just one cup in the morning can prevent your restful sleep 12.5+ hours later? Is liver function OK? It should have been fully metabolized and excreted by then.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals