The Ray Peat Mostly Liquid Diet?

gabriel79

Looking at Ray´s quote about microwaves, he seems to be talking about direct microwave absorption in the body, while here Birdie is talking about using them to cook. They´re different things.
As long as your MW oven is well sealed the MW you get from standing near it would be negligible (microwaves at ~900MHz are not good penetrating conductive metals, and for the door glass you have that metalic grid/mesh). You´re probably getting more radiation at that frequency from your cell phone than your oven.
Now, if the food heated by MWs has any substantial difference than heating via other methods, that´s an entirely different issue. Always have in mind that any heating will transform the cell structures subject to heat.

Birdie

gabriel79 said:
Looking at Ray´s quote about microwaves, he seems to be talking about direct microwave absorption in the body, while here Birdie is talking about using them to cook. They´re different things.
As long as your MW oven is well sealed the MW you get from standing near it would be negligible (microwaves at ~900MHz are not good penetrating conductive metals, and for the door glass you have that metalic grid/mesh). You´re probably getting more radiation at that frequency from your cell phone than your oven.
Now, if the food heated by MWs has any substantial difference than heating via other methods, that´s an entirely different issue. Always have in mind that any heating will transform the cell structures subject to heat.
I was thinking this too. They are 2 different things. I think that the theorized damage to food cooked by microwave is what everyone is concerned with.

Mr. Birdie maintains it is similar to the worry people had about using electricity instead of wood to cook. I'm not sure.... We are using it nowadays to heat coffee and sometimes to heat food.

More to be revealed.

Birdie

It's also occurred to me that if Ray were just speaking to the leakage thing and had grave worries about the heated/cooked food, he might have mentioned that but he did not.

peatarian

Hm. I asked him what he thought about microwaves two years ago. His answer was: "Ok for warming food."
I asked him again after reading the mentioned book which speaks of microwaved foods, too: "Is microwaved food safe?" That's when I got the answer I posted.
You are right, his quote doesn't speak about food. I just contacted RP a week ago and don't dare to do it again for such a small thing. I think he is in Mexico right now and his internet is very slow there.

nwo2012

This is one topic that no matter what RP says I will stick to what I've been doing for past 3 years. Steering clear of microwave ovens. I only kept it in the garage in case I need to make a weapon out of it one day WTSHTF.

OP
N

narouz

I've always distrusted microwave ovens, but not for any scientific reasons.
They just seem kind of suspicious to me.
Why do you guys hate 'em...?

nwo2012

narouz said:

Never been a fan of irradiated food and to me its the same thing. Im sure they make substances that are foreign to the human digestive system.

peatarian

nwo2012 said:
This is one topic that no matter what RP says I will stick to what I've been doing for past 3 years. Steering clear of microwave ovens. I only kept it in the garage in case I need to make a weapon out of it one day WTSHTF.

Thank you so much. It made me laugh until I cried. Few places in the world where I can feel as normal as in your company.

peatarian

narouz said:

I agree with nwo2012's answer. Also I hate the sound they make.

nwo2012

peatarian said:
nwo2012 said:

Thank you so much. It made me laugh until I cried. Few places in the world where I can feel as normal as in your company.

Haha. Thanks, I think? :lol:

nwo2012

peatarian said:
Oh, yes, sorry - compliment if ever there was one.

Im flattered, thanks. Yes I know what you mean, I think we are abnormal and that's a compliment in itself.

G

gummybear

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
Jiddu Krishnamurti

(dont know about the guy but I like the quote.)

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
He was talking about the mind and how we let the mind control us, identify us, and keep us in suffering/bondage. Once we can step back and not identify with our minds, true freedom is achieved, the sickness is lifted. Most of us are caught in this mind identified state so it feels "normal" when it indeed is far from the truth.

G

gummybear

Charlie said:
He was talking about the mind and how we let the mind control us, identify us, and keep us in suffering/bondage. Once we can step back and not identify with our minds, true freedom is achieved, the sickness is lifted. Most of us are caught in this mind identified state so it feels "normal" when it indeed is far from the truth.

:tinfoilhat

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Jiddu Krishnamurti said:
A consistent thinker is a thoughtless person, because he conforms to a pattern; he repeats phrases and thinks in a groove.

Jiddu Krishnamurti said:
Tradition becomes our security, and when the mind is secure it is in decay.

G

gummybear

Charlie said:
Jiddu Krishnamurti said:
A consistent thinker is a thoughtless person, because he conforms to a pattern; he repeats phrases and thinks in a groove.

Jiddu Krishnamurti said:
Tradition becomes our security, and when the mind is secure it is in decay.

I was messing with you charlie!

Or was I..

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
nwo2012 said:

I love this smiley! The black hellicopter and all.

It was installed for the woo woo guys and gals, you know who you are. :rolling :bluewave :whistle :thumbup

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals