Thiamine HCL (B1 supplement) makes bloating worse?

FredSonoma

Hi all,

I've started taking a Thiamine supplement and I think it's helping overall with blood sugar regulation (feeling less cranky after eating too much sugar), sleep, and mood. Only thing is, I think my stomach bloating is actually worse when I'm on it. I originally started with 100 mg, working my way up to 500 mg, but I've moved back down to just 100 mg a day. Any thoughts on why this is happening?

OP
F

FredSonoma

sugar daddy said:
Has the supplement got any fillers?
"100% Kosher Vegetable capsules, vegetable cellulose, vegetable magnesium stearate."

I also open up the pill and dump the contents into a liquid and throw away the capsule - I'm not sure if these ingredients are the capsule or the contents (or both).

serling78

I know this thread is way old but I'm experiencing the same thing. I've tried thiamine HCL a couple different times and within a day or two transit time slows way down and extreme bloating begins. I thought b1 was supposed to help digestion, not make it worse.

Vileplume

I know this thread is way old but I'm experiencing the same thing. I've tried thiamine HCL a couple different times and within a day or two transit time slows way down and extreme bloating begins. I thought b1 was supposed to help digestion, not make it worse.
Same, Thiamine HCL gives me insane bloating—perhaps the worst of anything I’ve ever tried.

I think it’s some sort of impurity introduced during the manufacturing process. Most supplements irritate my gut, thiamine HCL is the worst though

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals