Low Toxin Supplements Thiamine supplementation

BRENBAIL

Forum Supporter
@charlie You mentioned somewhere about buffering the thiamine if it's >100mg but I can't find it. I have powder Thiamine HCL and potassium bicarbonate. How much K per 100mg of thiamine? I am going to make my own capsules, so I'm thinking of just mixing it together in the capsule.
I might switch to TTFD, but right now it seems that starting with thiamine HCL helps make sure you can tolerate the TTFD (I'm trying to target better memory/brain cognition). Hey, if I feel better just with the thiamine HCL, then I'll skip the TTFD.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
@charlie You mentioned somewhere about buffering the thiamine if it's >100mg but I can't find it. I have powder Thiamine HCL and potassium bicarbonate. How much K per 100mg of thiamine? I am going to make my own capsules, so I'm thinking of just mixing it together in the capsule.
The buffering had to do with Niacin. I took that thread down temporarily while we redid the ratios.
might switch to TTFD, but right now it seems that starting with thiamine HCL helps make sure you can tolerate the TTFD (I'm trying to target better memory/brain cognition). Hey, if I feel better just with the thiamine HCL, then I'll skip the TTFD.
I think TTFD is high is sulfur, so might need to be avoided. If you are on low toxin then your memory/brain cognition will continually improve.

Nick

I might switch to TTFD, but right now it seems that starting with thiamine HCL helps make sure you can tolerate the TTFD (I'm trying to target better memory/brain cognition). Hey, if I feel better just with the thiamine HCL, then I'll skip the TTFD.
For me thiamine HCl feels a lot better that TTFD

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
OP
B

BRENBAIL

Forum Supporter
@charlie Ah. I thought it was for thiamine. I have read that thiamine can cause GI upset >100mg. Has anyone ever experienced that with high dose thiamine therapy? I've been following Elliot Overton's info on this topic, more for a friend of mine who has severe IBS. Elliot says 1500-1800mg of thiamine will fix it.

OP
B

BRENBAIL

Forum Supporter
@Nick Thanks for the info. I've been getting different messages about TTFD, that it may work better for brain/neurological issues as regular thiamine supplements can't cross the BBB. And, in one of Elliot Overton's podcasts on IBS & thiamine, we should target improving the brain/gut connection and how low thiamine can impair those neurological GI functions. i have seen others on this forum complain about TTFD though. Elliot says some people may not tolerate TTFD because it actually takes thiamine to process TTFD, so one should supplement with thiamine HCL first, then switch to TTFD if one is targeting more neurological symptoms stemming from the brain.

youngsinatra

I find thiamine pyrophosphate the most effective. It’s the form found in whole foods.

Only needs a few mg to fix a deficiency. (3-5-10mg)

But HCL works fine. Of 100mg only 3-5mg are absorbed but thats likely enough. For acute deficiency may need 3 x 100mg a day.

webbt

@charlie Ah. I thought it was for thiamine. I have read that thiamine can cause GI upset >100mg. Has anyone ever experienced that with high dose thiamine therapy? I've been following Elliot Overton's info on this topic, more for a friend of mine who has severe IBS. Elliot says 1500-1800mg of thiamine will fix it.
High dose thiamine hcl has never been an issue for me

Candeias

More than 100mg of thiamine and I'm in a very bad state that I can't explain the next day

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals