Thiamine

Alfi

Forum Supporter
Hi there,
Does anyone have any experience using thiamine and B complex to treat psoriatic arthritis? If yes, what dosage is recommended and are there any known side effects?

mostlylurking

Hi there,
Does anyone have any experience using thiamine and B complex to treat psoriatic arthritis? If yes, what dosage is recommended and are there any known side effects?
Because different people respond differently to different types of thiamine, this is really a personal health journey. For example, Dr. Lonsdale, Dr. Chandler Marrs, and Elliot Overton all recommend TTFD thiamine for their patients. I personally could not tolerate TTFD because I was very low in glutathione. A single capsule of TTFD gave me a headache that lasted 36 hours. I learned via an Elliot Overton video that thiamine hcl could raise glutathione levels to a point that you could then switch over to TTFD. However, I got so much improvement/relief via taking high dose thiamine hcl orally that I chose to stick with it and follow Dr. Costantini's protocol for using high dose thiamine hcl. I have never been diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease though; my foundational problem is mercury poisoning from childhood mercury amalgam fillings.

My husband takes TTFD and has no negative reaction to it at all. He is only willing to swallow capsules; drinking icky tasting thiamine hcl water is a bridge too far for him. I got used to the taste; you can get used to it if you understand that it is saving your life.

High dose thiamine (aka pharmacological dosing) is known to help many issues. Elliot Overton has written an article about it here.

Last edited:

Beatrix_

@Beatrix_

Here's a thiamine thread for us to communicate about thiamine. You had a question?
Thank you!

In your Thiamine journey did you have to take it several times per day or is only 1x daily enough?

About the dosage, what do you think about up-titration?

Did you take magnesium together with it or is taking it apart good too?

mostlylurking

Thank you!

In your Thiamine journey did you have to take it several times per day or is only 1x daily enough?

About the dosage, what do you think about up-titration?

Did you take magnesium together with it or is taking it apart good too?
I've always taken thiamine hcl 2Xday. I follow Dr. Costantini's protocol because he always used thiamine hcl for his Parkinson's disease patients and I settled on taking thiamine hcl after I experienced negative effects from trying TTFD thiamine one time (one 100mg capsule). My negative response to TTFD was caused by my low glutathione status which was caused by my mercury toxin load.

There are times when I forget to take my second dose; I think I do better when I remember to take both doses.

I spent 4 months slowly titrating the dose up from 300mg, 2Xday to 1gram, 2Xday. I didn't have a doctor helping me so I took my time getting the dose up to Dr. Costantini's recommended dose for oral thiamine hcl, based on the patient's weight.

I take supplements 4 X day. Magnesium glycinate is included first thing in the morning, then again around 9:00pm at night. Thiamine hcl is taken around 10:00am, then again (ideally) around 3:00pm in the afternoon. Thiamine can negatively affect your sleep if you take it later in the day because it facilitates the use of blood sugar for energy which then lowers the blood sugar.

...In your experience, did it deplete other B vitamins?
I've read that it can deplete riboflavin so I take a small dose of that 4Xday. I also take around 100mg of niacinamide 4Xday. I take around 30mg of biotin in the morning. Also around 30mg of b6 in the morning. I don't supplement with b5 as I had a bad reaction to it years ago.

mostlylurking

@mostlylurking thank you so much for the details.

Wow 30 mg Biotin! I get ravenously hungry from 100 mcg...
I suspect that I shouldn't be taking the biotin with my orange juice; I think that the sugar in the OJ is cancelling it out somehow. I tried taking half my regular sized dose in the early afternoon with water and it made me pretty loopy/energetic; it was a noticeable effect. I probably should rethink what I'm doing with the biotin, but I'm in the habit. Maybe I should read up on it more....

Beatrix_

I suspect that I shouldn't be taking the biotin with my orange juice; I think that the sugar in the OJ is cancelling it out somehow. I tried taking half my regular sized dose in the early afternoon with water and it made me pretty loopy/energetic; it was a noticeable effect. I probably should rethink what I'm doing with the biotin, but I'm in the habit. Maybe I should read up on it more....
Chris Masterjohn has written extensively about it

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals