This forum is a prime example of how modern government censorship works.

K

Kayaker

Tara's opinions never changed, so the account wasn't hacked. They wouldn't plant an agent to debate climate change because this isn't a climate change forum. She believed that sometimes the benefits of vaccines outweighed the drawbacks. She spoke out against GMO agriculture, which is a big industry openly promoted by some of the elite. She had over 9000 posts, many of which are thoughtfully written. She was knowledgeable and learned what Peat taught well. This would be too much time and money to promote some mainstream ideas and speak against others on what was back then a tiny niche forum.

I believe the most likely explanation is that Tara took the vaxx and died from it.

I imagine it would be hard to do a meaningful double-blind placebo controlled trial for the common flu vaccines, given that they change every year to address the predicted most prevalent 3 strains.

How useful the vaccines are to individuals probably depends on their relative vulnerability to flu, as well as the severity of the flu strains that the vaccines are matched to, as well as how good the match is. This changes every year.

Bother.
But even with that, some of the diseases that people get vaccinated against are very dangerous in themselves, so it's not a matter of :
vaccine=unsafe
non-vaccine=safe.

It's more like:
vaccine risk= x-(high) chance of low severity + y-chance of high-severity
non-vaccine risk= v-chance of low severity + w-chance of high-severity
And we don't know much about any of the values.
So it's not surprising that it's controversial, and that people assess the risks differently.

Re: Miracle CO2 delivery concoction.

I can't resist responding to this, OT as it is. If anyone wants to break it out or shift it to a different thread, it's fine with me.

I disagree about CO2 not being a problem,

though I agree it is not the only problem wrt global warming. CO2 is one of the weaker green-house gases (GHG), but it is by far the greatest volume, and therefore a significant contributor. The Kyoto Protocol, inadequate as it was to oppose human-induced global climate change (GCC), did take into account methane and other more potent GHGs. There is some research and some action towards limiting them, too, for instance figuring out how to modify stock feed to reduce methane emissions.

I agree that other kinds of pollution are also a problem, though that doesn't reduce the importance of GCC.
Ethanol is a lot cleaner than, say, tar sands. But the CO2 release from burning any fossil fuel is a major contributor to GCC, though some have worse effects than others. Combustion of ethanol also releases CO2, though if it is sustainably managed one could say that this is a renewable resource, and their emissions will be reabsorbed and can be used again with a long-term lower net CO2 release than fossil fuels. So far, it is not evident that most ethanol is produced in such ways. There is also a problem of immediate wide-spread hunger being exacerbated by food-producing land being converted to growing monoculture biofuels, as well as concern about land fertility being degraded by this practice.

Yes. This is one of the reasons why it is so important to see if we can reduce GHG emissions enough to avoid crossing the bigger irreversible tipping points.

Yes, good on them.

Yes, and they help inform and organise people to make necessary changes to reduce the human contribution to GHG-induced GCC.

I guess this is both an issue of information and of values - what each of us counts as benefit. I think there will likely be a place for lower-impact electricity generation for a long time, but it will be quite a challenge to get there from here. I think electricity has it's place, but it is produced in several difference ways, and a lot of it is produced either by combustion or thermonuclear methods. Even hydro-generation creates a fair bit of destruction when it's set up, especially in places where a large amount of vegetation is submerged by the dams, releasing a lot of CO2 etc as it decomposes.
There is currently a fairly limited supply of cleaner-generated electricity, and the fossil fuel and other wasteful industries have a lot of political power which they use to maintain their profits, regardless of the (externalised) costs. Changing the way society works, in useful directions, and in time, is a huge challenge. Fortunately, there are a growing number of people aware of this and actively working for good solutions. I also think some electricity is well-used, in ways that benefit humans and other life. As far as I am aware, even if all current electrical and combustion energy was converted to ethanol-generated electricity, and there was no increase in demand/supply, the CO2 emissions would still risk pushing the climate too far.

I guess, again, this is a combination of information and values. Uncontroversially, all living species as far as we are aware require CO2 to live. Under ideal conditions, many animals effectively produce all the CO2 we need. Higher CO2 in the very local environment can sometimes be helpful. It doesn't follow that global increases in atmospheric CO2 concentration is supportive of any particular species, let alone all of them.
CO2 levels have been measurably rising, and plants have not so far taken it up in sufficient amounts to prevent the GCC that is already occurring.
But more and more species are likely to face extinction as GCC proceeds. All the animals and plants that have evolved to thrive in a niche environment can be threatened if that niche disappears altogether, or changes faster than they can adapt, or moves faster than they can move with it, or changes in such away that other species migrate into their area and dominate.

It would take a lot to make humans extinct, since we have been able to adapt to so many different environments. But it could get pretty rough, and massively reduce the population.

As you say, methane is also important. If the temperature rises beyond some tipping points, and too much of the frozen subterranian and submarine methane evaporates, the atmosphere could get unbreathable for us. Too much CO2 in the atmosphere could conceivably have this effect. (Not saying this will happen, but I think such conditions have occurred on Earth before.)

Short of that, and much more likely if not already evident, I'm wouldn't personally consider all these effects to be beneficial for life on Earth:
- Sea level rise (eg 4m not out of the question in the next 100yrs) - a number of the worlds largest cities, and a lot of food growing land submerged. Too me, that looks like it could cause a lot of death, suffering, and desperate refugees looking for new homes on smaller landmasses. So far, Pacific Islanders are already facing this, as the lower islands begin to submerge and face salination of food-growing land.
- Large increase in number and severity of extreme weather events - droughts, floods, hurricanes, extremes of hot and cold. (Put more energy into the weather system, and what do you get? More weather.) As you are aware, some of this is already evident in warming oceans causing increased frequency and severity of hurricanes.

- Massive crop failures as a direct result of weather changes. Also as a result of invading pest species.
- Massive imbalance in the oceans, with changing temperatures and and pH. Loss of much current sea life, reduction of fish catch.
- Inundation or abandonment of hazardous sites, including nuclear reactors, nuclear fuel storage sites, toxic dumps, etc, with resulting breaches of containment.
- Spread of some infectious diseases to new areas, as changed climate supports different vectors.
- Increase in scale of wild-fires (reckon this is happening already?).
- Increase in human conflicts and violence over increasingly scarce resources. Potential for chaos as more systems break down. We've been seeing this for a long time with previous resource depletion and the social elevation of greed. Massive world-wide social and political changes away from competition and towards cooperation could help lessen this in important ways, but I think we are too late to prevent it all - it's already happening.

Some possible ways I am aware of to help reduce emissions include:
- Obvious stuff, like burn less petrol. Small differences can be made by individual, but large improvements require political will to plan cities and change economies to support active transport modes over motorised modes, to reduce the need for travel, invest in efficient public transport, etc.
- Organise for and support policies to support development of lower-impact energy systems.
- Design dwellings to make best use of solar heating when it's cold, natural cooling when it's hot, etc.
- Farm and garden to develop soils rather than deplete them - major CO2 source/sink. Use and encourage low-artifical fertilizer use.
- Buy less unnecessary stuff.
- Figure out how to improve our health, so we can spend less time in hospital :).

Mitigating the the GCC effects that we can't forestall could include:
- planning/designing for future increased weather and higher sea levels, both individually and collectively. For instance, if I were to design a house now, I'd be going for a roof that is secured for a higher wind zone than ours currently is, probably more than the regulation foundation height, and taking into account solar gain etc as much as practical (and affordable). Where droughts are likely, consider investing in rainwater harvesting. Promote policy for good design on a wider scale.
- Opposing the development of more polluting projects.
- Working to build local communities for resilience in the face of whatever challenges. Security in the face of conflict will come from strong community ties.
- etc...

It's kind of a daunting prospect, but we've got a better chance of dealing well with it if we face reality. It's kind of in the interests of our own and everyone else's health.

I am concerned not only with the direct safety of eating GMOs, but also with the other effects on the environment, which seem to me to be taking unwarranted risks with the long-term sustainability of agriculture.

I have heard of studies showing that contrary to the marketing, GMOs often get exposed to more toxic pesticides than more conventional crops.

I'm also not thrilled with the prospects of glyphosate-resistent strains crossbreeeding with various invasive weeds, etc.

Nor am I thrilled by the continuing trend towards reduced genetic diversity. With global climate change upon us, I am very keen that there be plenty of old varieties around from which to select strains that can thrive in the various new conditions that are likely to arise world-wide.

I'm also very concerned about setting up farmers to be dependent on constantly buy more patented seeds. The GO seed companies have a profit driven interest in a captive market for their limited number of patented seeds. This looks to me like a major world food security risk.

InChristAlone

Tara's opinions never changed, so the account wasn't hacked. They wouldn't plant an agent to debate climate change because this isn't a climate change forum. She believed that sometimes the benefits of vaccines outweighed the drawbacks. She spoke out against GMO agriculture, which is a big industry openly promoted by some of the elite. She had over 9000 posts, many of which are thoughtfully written. She was knowledgeable and learned what Peat taught well. This would be too much time and money to promote some mainstream ideas and speak against others on what was back then a tiny niche forum.

I believe the most likely explanation is that Tara took the vaxx and died from it.

Wow. So you think she died?

Some of her recommendations are sound in regards to sustainability but she loses me wrt to using less petrol. The ones using the most by far are the container ships. Not to mention they use bottom of the barrel bunker fuel. Switching to more sustainable transportation is like a drop in the bucket in comparison to those ships and unfortunately it's not going to stop anytime soon especially with the huge increase in Chinese imports thanks to Amazon and other online suppliers. So I choose not to even worry about it. We can't change where things are heading by switching to a Tesla car and growing our food in our backyard.

Veritas IV

I still want to give the unhijacked Tara the benefit of the doubt. Of course, her identity may not have been hijacked and I am speculating. It is just my gut feel.

It's so important that we safeguard our online identity that if any of us were to die for any reason, no one can assume our online identity. All of us are practically anonymous to each other, and that is a good thing. But it can be bad when we don't realize that someone we listen to and follow isn't who he really is anymore. If that individual is very influential, this forum could quickly be used as for intentional disinformation.

I don't think it's your imagination.

Am an active 20 year member at another fairly busy forum with a large off topic discussion section. Many of the posters there have known each other for many years and have some recollection of former members. I did not pay attention pre-covid, but after covid these older inactive accounts with 2000-5000 posts would come to life and always seem to promote the establishment's mantra. It appears to be two men and one woman based upon their personalities. The men will get themselves banned but seem to re-appear under another old account to reply in hot button threads, anything medical related. We spot them, swarm them, obfuscate and fluster them till they get themselves banned again. They are referred to as Pharma Shills.

It is also the same time frame that i became a new Peater and began to lurk the threads here where I saw similar shenanigans. One account i had been tracking, due to name and writing style, has just came back to life after a 2 year hiatus to reply to a certain someone. Sidenote: I do not recall having seen Tara's posts to check her writing style. Edit: Have now read a few of her posts, nope, writing style not familiar to me.

As for curiosity seekers here, i understand the underlying feeling but I'll recommend seeking thrills elsewhere since the people i'm specifically referring to are simply Shills.

Yerrag, certain other responsible veteran members, and mods are always welcome to PM me for what little info i have left to share, but i doubt i could provide much that's definitive.

Last edited:
K

Kayaker

Well, surely that can't be helped with quality control! Let's keep up with the endless iterations of "how to grow aant d*ck" and "vaccines are safe. prove me wrong!"
Are you saying the OP of that topic has an ant d?ck and wants to grow it? Do ants even have those sort of appendages? ? Let's check:

Male ants don’t really have penises, as this term is generally limited in use to mammals.

However, they do have an organ that performs a similar function, i.e. deliver sperm, but the way it all works is quite a bit different from the way it works in mammals.

Ants, and insects in general, have an aedeagus, which delivers the sperm and thus more or less the equivalent of a penis in mammals, and claspers to hold on to the female.

This is by no means sex in any human or mammal sense of the word. The males’ only role is to provide sperm. When they mate, their reproductive organ essentially explodes and they die soon after.
:eek

I only recall one "vaccines are safe, prove me wrong!" type of topic, but the post on the last page makes it worth it.

Quite the amazing thread, not sure what the actual goal here is other then seemingly waste time passing conflicting views back and forth. Some very patient people here I must say, not sure you’re doing yourselves any favors though.

I’m gonna go on a tangent and talk about “openness“ as a character trait for intelligence. Anyone can google this and read up on the correlations themselves.

Also worth dropping a famous quote "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - often attributed to Aristotle.

Now, I see consciousness as a constantly developing energetic process of refinement. With the sole purpose of “leveling up” ones conscious experience over a lifetime. Maybe the soul is eternal and we are going through this treadmill of life/lives with an eventual end goal to this refinement process, who knows. All we know is we are born unaware and hopefully progress to various levels of awareness as time passes by.

Clearly mankinds level of conscious experience is always changing, that is for certain. Example we are just now starting to make major leaps into space travel etc, we once didn’t know space existed. Does the fish know what’s above the surface?

Many mistakes have been made along the way, it’s not hard to map those out. To give some sound example to what type of stuff I’m talking about here, lobotomy as a legit and promoted medical therapy comes to mind. Anyone think lobotomy sounds sound in 2021? Don’t think so. Flat earth?

Now many people are not open enough to pick up on the frictions of time. They live in a constant flux of believing that we always have the answer to everything “right now” and we always doing the “best possible”. Without operating cognitively this way they can’t seem to make decisions. There can’t be uncertainty. A majority is also driven primarily by their existential restrictions, food, rest, sex, death?

Rather, the reality is more likely that at any given time in history, mankind is probably only a small fraction correct in all our theories across the board. We are not masters of the universe (even the smartest among us) that’s for certain. And it’s even more so likely that common consensus is not up to par. Ever heard about the “tulip mania”?

“Dallas Buyers Club” is another interesting example of a blip in the consensus matrix that’s oh so relevant now. An Oscar winning piece that basically map out the horror stories surrounding AZT and HIV/AIDS, yet people are unable to pick up on this story other then as pop culture or entertainment, even when we once again find ourselves with pandemic headlines. A simple google search on Fauci will show you that AZT was his merchandise back in the day. Why does people not do background research on the leaders they pick to lead them? Hard questions like this people should ask themselves rather then eachother. I’m not concerned what you do, but you should be. Is AZT still used today? Another point worth researching.

Personally I wouldn't try to debate anyone’s mind. People who are really interested to learn things deeply have an openness to experience that is critical to achieve these ends. My hat goes off to Ray Peat here who seemingly never try to debate anyone, he simply share his own view when asked. He has no interest in being your authority.

There is no concern on where the road leads rather then to just travel it and see if there is an end to it. There is no concern in it to change another persons opinion, authority and learning are different things. The first often neglects the second. It’s a refinement process, one has to experience the whole to form a picture.

Simply trying to pick out some opinions around the consensus is not enough to know something deeply. There is also little point in debate. If you are not interested in everybody’s views around you then how can you ever expect to gain an understanding on anything? Even conflicting views matter.

At the very least one needs to know everything on both sides to make an informed choice, and if you skip this and opt for a leader/authority’s opinion, at least make a background check on your leader first.

The same goes for life and business advice. I have business coached many people in my life who came to me asking how to be a successful CEO and similar. While everybody wants success, few are open and humble enough to go through the refinement process to reach it.

I often see the same pattern, either people can’t muster the curiosity and effort to actually learn something deeply or they already believe themselves to be an expert without doing the work. Often they want other people to make the hard choices for them. Sounds familiar?

We are all masters of our own conscious experience, some more refined then others.

JamesGatz

This is like the inverse of tag your favorite user thread
Exactly

Are you saying the OP of that topic has an ant d?ck and wants to grow it? Do ants even have those sort of appendages? ? Let's check:

:eek
?? Why users envision me with ant d*ck I will never know

Not to brag, but if we are going to compare my **** to any critter - it should be a butterfly because it is stylish and elegant

mrchibbs

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the forum hasn't been what it used to be. In 2016-2017, I loved it here. Since then, it seems to be a much less positive place. I'm not sure this entirely attributable to new troll accounts poisoning the well, though. At least not entirely. I think the world has just changed and it's reflected in this "vibe" here because most of the members here are very globally minded and well informed and thus, more affected by current events.

I think the forum is a reflection of the state of the world. You can't seriously expect it to be positive when the inner fabric of society has been ripped apart in the last 2 years.

Back in 2019 and earlier, it was focused on health because that was the chief problem for most of us, now it's not necessarily at the top of the list anymore.

K

Kayaker

Ridiculous.

Dead people don't take the time to delete their account.
How do you know it wasn't Charlie?

On second thought, I forgot she posted as late as this year. I believe old accounts are deleted after a few years of inactivity.

Does anyone know when exactly the account was deleted?

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Kayaker

Wow. So you think she died?

Some of her recommendations are sound in regards to sustainability but she loses me wrt to using less petrol. The ones using the most by far are the container ships. Not to mention they use bottom of the barrel bunker fuel. Switching to more sustainable transportation is like a drop in the bucket in comparison to those ships and unfortunately it's not going to stop anytime soon especially with the huge increase in Chinese imports thanks to Amazon and other online suppliers. So I choose not to even worry about it. We can't change where things are heading by switching to a Tesla car and growing our food in our backyard.
Maybe she was unaware of that. I knew that container ships use bunker fuel, but since I've never heard this issue come up in a discussion about sustainability or climate change, the connection was never made.

K

Kayaker

?? Why users envision me with ant d*ck I will never know

Not to brag, but if we are going to compare my **** to any critter - it should be a butterfly because it is stylish and elegant
During sex the males physically restrain the females for an entire day while injecting them with a fluid which contains fertile sperm as well as seemingly... :eyes:Subscribe now for unlimited access
:banghead

Perry Staltic

Why users envision me with ant d*ck I will never know

As Confucius say, "It not size of pen that matter, but how man sign his name"

Agreed. Only a couple of years ago there was much more quality content on here. Now there are a lot of trolls and creepy guys.

gallahad

Agreed. Only a couple of years ago there was much more quality content on here. Now there are a lot of trolls and creepy guys.
hey, i'm sorry for knocking you the wrong way with my "joke" about honesty. i apologize and feel sorry that i made you feel bad. i appreciate your advice and hope we can continue...

yerrag

I think that in all fields, quality dovetails with the excitement of discovery. Even if everything is already known and there is no need to discover, a plateau would lead us to find outlets to expend energy towards less useful activities. It becomes 'make work.'

Not that we have achieved perfection and the forum has solved all problems relating to health, but that a lot of discovery is in excavating the gold buried in posts of years gone by. That discovery is more of an individual task, and less of a team effort. And not suited for people used to the traditional learning experience in a classroom.

Still, not all information in the past is useful, so the research has to involve more time spent. Most people do not want that.

Most people want to have a resident shaman garbed in an aura of being knowledgeable who has done all the research and will work out a recipe.

The more shamans the better. Especially if the shamans argue among themselves on points of substance.

Last edited:

Ben.

Not that we have achieved perfection and the forum has solved all problems relating to health, but that a lot of discovery is in excavating the gold buried in posts of years gone by. That discovery is more of an individual task, and less of a team effort. And not suited for people used to the traditional learning experience in a classroom.

Still, not all information in the past is useful, so the research has to involve more time spent. Most people do not want that.

Most people want to have a resident shaman garbled in an aura of being knowledgeable who has done all the research and will work out a recipe.

The more shamans the better. Especially if the shamans argue among themselves on points of substance.

Well said.

opethfeldt

I think the forum is a reflection of the state of the world. You can't seriously expect it to be positive when the inner fabric of society has been ripped apart in the last 2 years.

Back in 2019 and earlier, it was focused on health because that was the chief problem for most of us, now it's not necessarily at the top of the list anymore.
No, I wouldn't expect any forum to be sunshine and rainbows these days. I guess when I say I miss how the forum used to be, I'm basically saying I miss how the world used to be. But we can't live in a fantasy world. I try and stay as optimistic as I can be, though. That's just how I am. At any rate, I still like being here and there's still a lot of quality info posted. It's just not as chipper anymore.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom