Which one do you use?

• Total voters
OP
L

Logan-

for the common masses the most basic things is what they first and foremost should focus on:

· Tongue in the roof of the mouth.

· Teeth in light contact.

· Lips sealed.

· Breath through the nose.

· Swallow correctly by pushing upwards against the roof of the mouth with the tongue.

· Chew sufficiently every day, if you eat soft foods then compensate by chewing gum daily.

From:A Summary of How to Integrate Orthotropics into Your Life & Habits; Action steps : orthotropics

Here is what I have been using this past couple of months, and like @Ivysaur said, I just use a dab i instead of a big glob of it.

1700496543613.jpeg

1700496559606.jpeg

FitnessMike

Ingredients:​

Aqua, Hydrated Silica, Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolysate, Dicalcium Phosphate Dihydrate, Glycerin, Sodium Coco-Sulfate, Cellulose Gum, Aroma, Zinc Gluconate, Benzyl Alcohol, Mentha Piperita Oil, Menthyl Lactate, Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf Extract, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate, Hydroxyapatite, Arginine, Cocos Nucifera Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Bark Extract, Decyl Glucoside, Ananas Sativus Fruit Extract, Maltodextrin, Cinnamomum Camphora Bark Oil, Thymus Serpillum Oil, Betula Alba Leaf Extract, Plantago Major Leaf Extract, Sodium Bicarbonate, Populus Tremuloides Bark Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Limonene.

Amazon product ASIN B01N6QQGZJView: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Biomed-Superwhite-Coconut-Toothpaste-Whitening/dp/B01N6QQGZJ/ref=sr_1_7?crid=1PBG8VSTON6Z1&keywords=fluoride+free+toothpaste+adult&qid=1700497213&rdc=1&sprefix=fluride+free+%2Caps%2C92&sr=8-7

i use this cheap one

OP
L

Logan-

Tooth health is almost entirely determined by quantity + quality of saliva, digestive efficiency and internal calcium homeostasis - all of which are a manifestation of internal health. Hyperfocusing on all of these superficial interventions is unlikely to produce real world results if the underlying cause of the cavities isn't addressed.
There's a reason why some people can drown their teeth in coke for years with no issue, whereas others avoid anything and everything from touching their teeth but are plagued with cavities.
Just my 2c.

I make my own from white kaolin clay, baking soda, coconut oil, and peppermint and clove essential oils. Minus the kaolin clay, I’ve been using my homemade toothpaste for over 15 years now. My diet has the biggest impact on my oral health so I’m not sure what to say about results other than my homemade toothpaste cleans as well as any commercial toothpaste I used as a child.

I use baking soda because of its higher pH, anti-microbial nature and low abrasiveness—it has a Relative Dentin Abrasivity of only 7–and kaolin clay due to it having the highest cleaning efficiency value (98). If you search the terms Relative Dentin Abrasivity and Cleaning Efficiency Index, you’ll find plenty of info but I did a quick search and this site talks about the RDA and includes a chart:

And here’s another site that talks about the RDA and Cleaning Efficiency Index:

I use this formula
— 1 part Calcium Hydroxyapatite
— 2 parts CMC (Colloidal Mineral Compound, first developed by Carey Reams)
— 4 parts Baking Soda (alkalizing)
— 6 parts coconut oil (antibiotic)
— Optional, A few drops of Essential Oil --- peppermint, anise, fennel, orange, etc.*
— 2-3 parts Natural Soap (without glycerin or sodium lauryl (laureth) sulfate).
(Hard soap work better than liquid soap, Grandma’s Pure Lye Soap.
— Pinch of Himalayan Salt
— A little bit of filtered water, enough to make a paste

I’ve been using just baking soda for a decade. Last check up with the dentist he said keep doing what you’re doing, so I’d say it’s safe and effective in my experience. I don’t bother with any other ingredients, but maybe a drop of diluted cinnamon oil would be a nice addition if only for the flavor.

I scrape my teeth lightly with my nails to remove plaque, then I floss, and finally I put some coconut oil on my toothbrush and brush my tongue and teeth with it. Works well. I haven't used toothpaste in almost 3 years, and my breath smells fresh( as long as my internal health is fine).

As has been said above, just having a good oral hygiene won't protect you from dental caries. Keeping stomach acid high( thyroid and niacin are really effective for that in my experience) is paramount to having a fresh smelling breath and clean teeth.

@freyasam, I use virgin coconut oil. I buy the kaolin clay from Mountain Rose Herbs:

xylitol
bentonite clay
diatomaceous earth
hydroxiapatite
baking soda
water
essential oils

the ingredients are listed in amounts from greatest to least. the baking soda is gritty until the second day when everything completely emulsifies, leaving a silky smooth texture. the amount of water you need is minimal, much less than you'd expect. the paste does not separate. it is easy to clean. i use mint, fennel, clove. you can also use it as a mouthwash.

as mentioned, there's more to oral health than toothpaste, but this paste will leave your teeth smooth and your breath fresh. plus, not that you'd want to eat it with a spoon, but you can swallow it without much worry.

i don't like using coconut oil because although it is used -in addition to its antimicrobial properties- as a filler, it ruins the texture. the toothbrush also then becomes impossible to wash with water. soap in toothpaste leaves a coating, especially near the throat, that feels like mucus and is hard to eliminate; plus, natural or otherwise, you'll be swallowing soap.

also, for me, coffee ruins teeth and gums.

zorba990

Ref :
View: https://twitter.com/WallStreetApes/status/1726371173897027814

The Truth About Fluoride Being Revealed In Court The US Government Puts This Poison In Our Tap Water CDC Admits There Is NO DATA To Support Fluoride Claims. Fluoride’s Parent Compound Is Used In Almost All SSRI Antidepressants, Force Medicating The Population Into Complacency“CDC agrees with NRC that it is apparent that fluorides have the ability to interfere with the functions of the brain and the body by direct and indirect means. Yes, CDC in connection with the Intergovernmental Work Group. It's correct to say that CDC does not have any data to, any data on the tolerable upper fluoride intake for neurotoxic effects for infants.Yes. Okay. And you see how the definition also includes toddlers. So CDC does not have any data on the tolerable upper fluoride intake for neurotoxic effects on toddlers. That's true. Okay. There's been two studies now from the Dr. Who's birth cohort in Mexico City, and there's been two studies from the Canadian cohort that Dr. Lanfear has been working on. All four of these studies have found significant and large associations between early life fluoride and adverse neurodevelopmental effects.”

Even if it worked, the dose is not controlled. And there is no chance to opt out from tap water fluoride that might be being inhaled in the shower. I am unsure how it will ever be stopped -- things like this seem to keep going on regardless of what the public wants.

Ref :
View: https://twitter.com/WallStreetApes/status/1726371173897027814

The Truth About Fluoride Being Revealed In Court The US Government Puts This Poison In Our Tap Water CDC Admits There Is NO DATA To Support Fluoride Claims. Fluoride’s Parent Compound Is Used In Almost All SSRI Antidepressants, Force Medicating The Population Into Complacency“CDC agrees with NRC that it is apparent that fluorides have the ability to interfere with the functions of the brain and the body by direct and indirect means. Yes, CDC in connection with the Intergovernmental Work Group. It's correct to say that CDC does not have any data to, any data on the tolerable upper fluoride intake for neurotoxic effects for infants.Yes. Okay. And you see how the definition also includes toddlers. So CDC does not have any data on the tolerable upper fluoride intake for neurotoxic effects on toddlers. That's true. Okay. There's been two studies now from the Dr. Who's birth cohort in Mexico City, and there's been two studies from the Canadian cohort that Dr. Lanfear has been working on. All four of these studies have found significant and large associations between early life fluoride and adverse neurodevelopmental effects.”

Even if it worked, the dose is not controlled. And there is no chance to opt out from tap water fluoride that might be being inhaled in the shower. I am unsure how it will ever be stopped -- things like this seem to keep going on regardless of what the public wants.

This is a great post @zorba990

Marcia

Forum Supporter
Human grade diatomaceous earth(DE) mixed with calcium ascorbate powder. I mix about 1/4 cup of calcium ascorbate powder(Nutrabiotics) with 1/2 cup of DE. To this I add one capsule of Microhydrin,(Amazon) originally made by Dr. Patrick Flannigan, powder and keep it in a sealed glass dish. I put about 1/4 tsp in my palm and dip my wet toothbrush in it and brush once per day. I have tried multiple formulas. Although baking soda made my mouth
feel squeaky clean, I learned it may have been the cause of the gums receding. Since I switched to my powder, my teeth feel more secure in their sockets and there is less plaque. It was getting so bad that I thought they would fall out. I have never had a cavity in my 73 years of life. I also take methylene blue on and off without any set schedule.

OP
L

Logan-

Milklove - I would like to know Rays dental hygiene routine. Is there a need for really healthy people to brush their teeth or is rinsing with baking soda enough? What does he recommend as a toothpaste?

Ray Peat - The metabolism of the tooth itself and the surrounding tissues, and the composition and quantity of the saliva are the most important factors in tooth health. I have known some people with perfect teeth who had grown up in cultures that didn't practice tooth-brushing. US dentistry is dominated by fetishism. It's good to be aware of the abrasive effects of toothpastes, and to remember how thin enamel is. Some foods, such as raw pineapple or acidic foods, are extremely corrosive to the teeth, and should be followed immediately by rinsing or eating foods with a cleaning and neutralizing effect. The alkaline pH of baking soda helps to free protein films from the teeth.

Birdie

"Stress typically causes calcium to be removed from the small channels in the dentine, and it tends to be unequal, resulting in spots of discoloration in some teeth, that can develop into cavities. Thyroid is the most important antistress hormone as well as influencing the saliva and immunity.

Intestinal inflammation is often behind recurrent tooth infections, and a daily raw carrot can make a big difference (along with avoiding legumes, undercooked starches and raw or undercooked vegetables).

I use baking soda, and I rinse my mouth after having sugar, orange juice, etc. The quality of the saliva, regulated mainly by the thyroid hormone, is the main factor in dental health. My newsletter on osteoporosis mentioned some of the studies on thyroid, estrogen, and tooth decay."

PopSocket

LOVE the smell of some fluoride in the morning. Makes my Third Eye and Thyroid squishy clean ! I keep brushing for at least 3 minutes as my caring dentist advises me so I can absorb the most of it through the mucosa. I love my Government by the way.

OP
L

Logan-

Ray peat talks about bag breathing, baking soda and a medicine called acetazolamide being good for bone regrow that. Here is part of his e-mail to me…

“Carbon dioxide, in the form of gas or baking soda, helps to strengthen bones, without the side effects of commonly used drugs. The drug acetazolamide which is used for altitude sickness, sleep apnea, and epilepsy, increases the amount of CO2 in the body, and favors bone integrity and reduces pain.

Blood (2017) 130 (Supplement 1): 4376.
Myeloma: Biology and Pathophysiology, excluding Therapy: Poster III| December 7, 2017
Targeting of the Hypoxia-Induced Acid Microenvironment of Multiple Myeloma Cells Increases Hypoxia-Mediated Apoptosis
Gilberto Gastelum, MS, Jeffery Kraut, MD, Aleksandra Poteshkina, BS,Edgar Artiga, MS, Geraldine Weckstein, Patrick Frost, PhD
Abstract
Multiple myeloma (MM) is an incurable disease in which malignant plasma cells engraft within the bone marrow (BM). It is postulated that components of the BM microenvironment provide pro-survival and pro-growth signals to MM cells thereby facilitating their survival and proliferation. Because the BM is known to be hypoxic, we hypothesized that low pO2 activates an adaptive response mediated by hypoxia inducible transcriptional factors (HIFs) that protect MM cells from hypoxia-mediated apoptosis. We recently showed that targeting HIF activity with a polyamide compound (HIF-PA) that targets the hypoxic response element and blocks the ability of HIF to bind to its cognate DNA sequence both inhibits HIF-mediated gene expression and makes MM cells in culture MM xenografts engrafted in the BM of NOG mice sensitive to hypoxia-mediated killing in vitro and. In other tumors, hypoxia leads to acidification of the microenvironment that is a critical factor in their survival and spread. To examine if this is also the case for MM, we exposed a panel of cell lines to severe hypoxia (down to 0.2%) for 48 hrs. This produced a marked acidification of the microenvironment (decrease in pH from ~7.4 to ~6.4) as well as increase in the expression of carbonic anhydrase IX (CA9), a HIF-dependent enzyme important to pH regulation. Moreover, while MM cells are usually resistant to hypoxia-mediated apoptosis, exposure of 8226 MM cells to a specific CA9 inhibitor (acetazolamide) or Na+/H+ transporter inhibitor (amiloride) increased hypoxia-mediated apoptosis by 3-4 fold. Tumor cells are able to sense changes in pO2 levels through the activity of the Pryol-Hydroxylase (PHD1-3) sensing pathways. In particular, PHD3 is a known tumor suppressor gene that is frequently silenced in MM cells (including 8226), and confers resistance to hypoxia by constitutively activating HIF2a. We exogenously re-expressed PHD3 in MM cells and this concomitantly downregulated HIF2a expression in an oxygen-dependent manner and sensitized these cells to hypoxia-mediated apoptosis. Apoptosis was further increased with an acid pH. In addition, HIF-PA treatment of cells cultured under hypoxic and acidic pH (6.8) conditions showed a synergistic increase in apoptosis compared to control cells which was dependent on the PHD3 expression. Re-expression of PHD3 also resulted in an increased sensitivity to both acetazolamide and amiloride, suggesting that inhibiting HIF2a expression is critical for sensitizing MM cells to a low pH. Finally, exposure of MM cells to a low pO2 and acidic pH (6.8) significantly enhanced MM migration as detected with the transwell migration assay; whereas the movement of the MM cells was almost totally inhibited (>80%) by treatment with low concentrations of acetazolamide. The results of these studies support our hypothesis that hypoxic conditions within the BM results in MM-mediated acidification of the tumor microenvironment that facilitates the survival and migration of malignant myeloma cells. Targeting the pathways that lead to acidification of the microenvironment might be a novel and effective primary or ancillary strategy for the treatment of MM.

Aust N Z J Med. 1983 Apr;13(2):163-7.
Multiple myeloma with renal failure. A case for intensive treatment
D C Harris, L S Ibels, R B Ravich, J P Isbister, J V Wells
A series of nine consecutive patients with multiple myeloma and renal failure is presented. All patients were treated with urinary alkalinisation with sodium bicarbonate and/or acetazolamide, diuresis with saline, mannitol and/or furosemide, pulse melphalan and prednisone and, where indicated, allopurinol and aluminium hydroxide. A substantial and sustained improvement in renal function has been achieved in all nine patients. Of five patients with a urea more than 25 mmol/L at presentation, the median survival to date is 64 weeks. Of these patients only one has died --not from renal failure but pneumonia, eighteen months after presentation. The others are alive and well. The results confirm the effectiveness of these measures in both improving renal function and prolonging survival, and suggest a more optimistic prognosis for patients with multiple myeloma and renal failure."-Ray Peat

Source: Dental Cavitations Causing Health Issues?

Hugh Johnson

For years I didn't use toothpaste. Just water and a regular toothbrush. No issues.

I've had one cavity fixed, when I was a kid, and the filling fell out so I started to use pure xylitol to brush my teeth. In did use non-fluoride toothpaste for a few years, they seem perfectly fine.

For years I didn't use toothpaste. Just water and a regular toothbrush. No issues.

I've had one cavity fixed, when I was a kid, and the filling fell out so I started to use pure xylitol to brush my teeth. In did use non-fluoride toothpaste for a few years, they seem perfectly fine.
Like you @Hugh Johnson I didn’t use toothpaste for years either because of histamine issues, I just just baking soda and refined coconut oil and I was fine too. I had a shallow composite filling fall out a long time ago and I never replaced it and that tooth seems to have remineralized, because I can barely tell which one it was. I had a small chip in my front tooth that reminerslized too, thankfully.

Hugh Johnson

Like you @Hugh Johnson I didn’t use toothpaste for years either because of histamine issues, I just just baking soda and refined coconut oil and I was fine too. I had a shallow composite filling fall out a long time ago and I never replaced it and that tooth seems to have remineralized, because I can barely tell which one it was. I had a small chip in my front tooth that reminerslized too, thankfully.
I tried baking soda. It seems bad. My teeth felt off, and my breath seemed to smell occasionally. I suspect it is not suitable for mouth pH.

Water alone seems to cut it if you have healthy teeth and mouth. All you really need to do is break apart the bacterial growth so you can flush it out.

I tried baking soda. It seems bad. My teeth felt off, and my breath seemed to smell occasionally. I suspect it is not suitable for mouth pH.

Water alone seems to cut it if you have healthy teeth and mouth. All you really need to do is break apart the bacterial growth so you can flush it out.
I agree with you about the baking soda, it was just a once a week thing for me, and I didn’t use very much at that.

Summer

Been using Uncle Harry's Tooth Suds and quite like it. The soap taste is something that requires getting used to, though.

Ingredients: Castile soap (potassium cocoate, trace naturally occurring glycerin), alkalizing ionic minerals, and organic tea tree oil (Melaleuca alternifolia).

OP
L

Logan-

What do you think (parabens and sodium benzoate in toothpaste)?

Toothpaste .png

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals