Treatment Of Female Androgenetic Alopecia With Cimetidine

Zpol

Aram, H. Treatment of female androgenetic alopecia with cimetidine. Int J Dermatol. 1987 Mar;26(2):128-30. "Ten white women with moderate to severe androgenetic alopecia were treated with cimetidine 300 mg by mouth five times a day. Duration of therapy ranged from 1.59 months, with a median of 5 months. Seven patients (70%) showed good to excellent regrowth of hair.” "The mechanism of cimetidine's action in patients with androgenetic alopecia is presumably due to its antiandrogenic activity, although a placebo effect cannot be discounted.” "Management of androgenetic alopecia in men or endocrinologically normal women has been unrewarding, as there are no consistently successful therapeutic agents available. The possibility of cimetidine offering a useful form of therapy for patients with this disorder prompted the undertaking of the present open study.” "The pattern of hair loss was usually diffuse, most marked on the vertex.” "Acne, seborrhea, and hirsutism, which were present in three of the patients, showed significant improvement. Most patients said that the scalp had become less greasy. No correlation was found between the severity of hair loss and the serum levels of testosterone.” "However, application of 0.025% 17-a-estradiol solution resulted in decrease of the rate of hair loss, but regrowth of hair did not occur."
[Credit to Danny Roddy. I found this on his self-titled website.]

Interestingly I was researching Cimetidine as an alternative to Famotidine for gastritis, not hair loss.
I am not sure what effect taking 1500mg per day will have on digestion, but I imagine can't be too bad considering all the great effects. Also, cimetidine has been used for treating herpes (all types as far as I know). I personally am prone to herpes zoster. I'll give it a try and hopefully it will not screw up my guts the way famotidine did.

Mastemah

Aram, H. Treatment of female androgenetic alopecia with cimetidine. Int J Dermatol. 1987 Mar;26(2):128-30. "Ten white women with moderate to severe androgenetic alopecia were treated with cimetidine 300 mg by mouth five times a day. Duration of therapy ranged from 1.59 months, with a median of 5 months. Seven patients (70%) showed good to excellent regrowth of hair.” "The mechanism of cimetidine's action in patients with androgenetic alopecia is presumably due to its antiandrogenic activity, although a placebo effect cannot be discounted.” "Management of androgenetic alopecia in men or endocrinologically normal women has been unrewarding, as there are no consistently successful therapeutic agents available. The possibility of cimetidine offering a useful form of therapy for patients with this disorder prompted the undertaking of the present open study.” "The pattern of hair loss was usually diffuse, most marked on the vertex.” "Acne, seborrhea, and hirsutism, which were present in three of the patients, showed significant improvement. Most patients said that the scalp had become less greasy. No correlation was found between the severity of hair loss and the serum levels of testosterone.” "However, application of 0.025% 17-a-estradiol solution resulted in decrease of the rate of hair loss, but regrowth of hair did not occur."​
[Credit to Danny Roddy. I found this on his self-titled website.]

Interestingly I was researching Cimetidine as an alternative to Famotidine for gastritis, not hair loss.
I am not sure what effect taking 1500mg per day will have on digestion, but I imagine can't be too bad considering all the great effects. Also, cimetidine has been used for treating herpes (all types as far as I know). I personally am prone to herpes zoster. I'll give it a try and hopefully it will not screw up my guts the way famotidine did.
Results? Are ya furry? Did ya die?

OP
Zpol

Zpol

Results? Are ya furry? Did ya die?
Furry... lol... no, thankfully. I never did get to that high dose of antihistamines. In fact, I had to cut way back. Too drying, and I was concerned about long term side effects.

I ended up doing a limbic system rewire program instead to put an end to the incessant stress response I'd been experiencing and that solved my hair loss issue.

LucyL

Furry... lol... no, thankfully. I never did get to that high dose of antihistamines. In fact, I had to cut way back. Too drying, and I was concerned about long term side effects.

I ended up doing a limbic system rewire program instead to put an end to the incessant stress response I'd been experiencing and that solved my hair loss issue.
Limbic system rewire program? What is that?

OP
Zpol

Zpol

It's a strategic program aimed at healing both limbic system impairment and chronic stress response to environmental triggers.

I learned a lot about dietary and environmental triggers on this forum, but was about lose my mind trying to avoid all xenoestrogens, allergenic foods, EMF, etc (plus I was still having significant health challenges despite avoiding all those things). Figured I should try and avoid the stress response to them instead since they're basically unavoidable.

I couldn't do it on my own so I ended up investing in a program called Limbic System rewire, another popular one is 'DNRS'.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals