Twelve-year-old dog diarrhoea since September prescribed feather hydrosolate diet

OP
E
The dog is obviously doing better on this diet no more diarrhoea but can anyone explain why this works also it is very expensive.

Screenshot_20240310-143912_Chrome.jpg

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
What all is the dog eating? Just the feather hydrolysate?

OP
E
It is my sister's dog became ill with watery diarrhoea last September they tried different foods nothing worked the vet prescribed this food the dog hates it but it is working

It is a prescribed food from Royal Cannin

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240310-150013_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240310-150013_Samsung Internet.jpg
    345.9 KB · Views: 2
OP
E
Yes nothing else she gave the dog a denteen treat last week and the diarrhoea came back for whatever reason this so-called healthy dog has got extremely allergic to all of food it previously loved and seemingly thrived on but now it is on this feather hydrosylate exclusively.

OP
E
Seems to be something to do at the molecular protein being much smaller in the feather hydroxylase I have no idea basically. Wondering would homemade gelatin work as good I need to check the profile on the amino acids maybe.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Seems to be a low "vitamin A" diet. People in the low "vitamin A" and low toxin groups are seeing their dogs thrive now that they have switched their diet away from toxins such as "vitamin A".

TheDogsDid-It!

Forum Supporter
Yes nothing else she gave the dog a denteen treat last week and the diarrhoea came back for whatever reason this so-called healthy dog has got extremely allergic to all of food it previously loved and seemingly thrived on but now it is on this feather hydrosylate exclusively.
Our dogs used to go through bouts of diarrhea once in awhile, which we attributed to toxins from the golf courses we live near. Two things I started to add to their daily routine is DMG and probiotics. I buy the DMG with subscribe and save through Chewy.com and/or Amazon. I won't be without it, and even my sister's dog with cancer saw improvements with it. It is tasteless, so just a dropper on top of food and they have no idea anything new is added. Lots of history and easy to research.

OP
E
Her dog is back with really bad diarrhoea had a scan last week and the vet said the dog has perforations (in its stomach I think )
Not sure ,but there is no hope or surgery available.

OP
E
Thanks for answering I don't know I don't think my sister has ever given it any raw food I could suggest it what do you think.
I just had a video call and saw her walking the dog the dog is walking very slowly with a swollen belly no vomiting still eating and drinking but projectile watery diarrhea.

The vet thinks it is leaky gut but cant be sure and does not want to try any invasive treatments on the dog because of its age it is 12.

@youngsinatra

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals