Vagus Nerve Stimulation With Bitters

jyb

In Ask Your Herb Doctor's most recent interview with Ray Peat, Ray mentioned that some digestive bitters have a stabilizing effect on the mitochondria and can be quite helpful to multiple bodily functions. Another reason to use them for digestion and health benefits if you aren't already :)

He starts discussing it around the 48:00min mark

Cascara is nauseously bitter and as we know stimulates digestion greatly (you will be repainting the walls if taking more than a tip of a teaspoon).

Kray

Belly Button Healing: Unlocking Your Second Brain for a Healthy Life by Ilchi Lee

The Use of Non‐invasive Vagus Nerve Stimulation to Treat Respiratory Symptoms Associated With COVID‐19: A Theoretical Hypothesis and Early Clinical Experience
The Use of Non‐invasive Vagus Nerve Stimulation to Treat Respiratory Symptoms Associated With COVID‐19: A Theoretical Hypothesis and Early Clinical Experience

Belly Button Therapy
Belly Button Therapy is also the most effective way to activate the Vagus nerve.

What happens when you start oiling your belly button? | The Times of India
Apply a mixture of mustard oil and ginger to your belly button

@cedric Thanks so much for the references! I happened upon several well-reviewed books relating to vagal therapy from the links you provided, and I look forward to self-help in this area. Not so much the anxiety aspect (although it can't hurt to learn to relax better!) but some issues related to digestion, headaches (migraine?), overall neck/shoulder tension. It is quite an intriguing area of physiology not well known to the layperson. Also amazed at the good ol' belly button-- what an overlooked, underappreciated part of our health!

Motif

I've been wondering the same thing. I used to drink 1Tbsp of Fernet Branca to aid the secretion of digestive fluids until I started a Peat style diet. Because my slow digestion seemed to benefit greatly. But now I'm worried about the phytoestrogens.
Any success with your digestion?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom