What Is The Ideal Waking Temperature?

Emstar1892

I've had a Google around and get slightly confused by it all. I've measured my waking temperature over the last few days (celcius) and had 35.9, 36 and 36.

Thanks!

OP
E

Emstar1892

Bump ;) anyone? The reason I'm confused is that the NHS webite states 37.8, but says it can 'vary', so I'm wondering what variation is healthy, and what isn't!

m_arch

I think it's 36.7 to 36.9

And 37 Celsius during the day, which translates to the stuff of legend, 98.6 fareinheight.

tara

IIRC, Broda Barnes standard for 'normal' was 97.8 - 98.2 F.
Which converts to 36.56 -36.78C.
Or 36.6 - 36.8.

A couple of years ago I measured for a week in summer and didn't get above 36.0.
This summer I had a week waking at ~36.4.
Then I lost my thermometer again.

I had to keep the thermometer in place for nearly 10 mins to get those readings.

Last edited:

m_arch

Yeah good point. He said close your armpit for 10 min before you take the reading, and take it before you move / get out of bed.

P.s My temps are optimal after four rounds of 850nm infrared light therapy on the thyroid!

tara

thegiantess

Yeah seriously! Next step is optimising pulse, usually around 60. Caffeine pills, theanine and (an hour or so later) red bull and sugared collagen milk

This approach by a lot of Peaters has always confused me. Is there any point to artificially bringing your pulse up with things like red bull? If you can't sustain it without stimulants what is the value? I'm not trying to say this is wrong, just wondering what the rationale is..

Kasper

I understand your point, but with the same reasoning you could argue not to eat.

m_arch

This approach by a lot of Peaters has always confused me. Is there any point to artificially bringing your pulse up with things like red bull? If you can't sustain it without stimulants what is the value? I'm not trying to say this is wrong, just wondering what the rationale is..
I've been told that low pulse and good temperatures can be cause for a protein deficiency. I'm having one can of red bull a day mainly for the taurine, but the caffeine is good too. Haidut talks about caffeine in relation to liver heatlh - which is the point of all the caffeine pills also. Its more about a building up caffeine tolerance for liver health --> better glyocogen storage --> better conversion of youth steroids --> stress reduction, etc

Last edited:

whit

I've been using peripheral temps combined with core to confirm stress hormones in the morning.
Just a theory I'm working on.

DaveFoster

Peat talks about using stimulants to prop up the metabolism until your basal metabolic rate restores itself.

This is accomplished by the gradual depletion of PUFA from your tissues, which takes 2 - 5 years.

m_arch

Peat talks about using stimulants to prop up the metabolism until your basal metabolic rate restores itself.

This is accomplished by the gradual depletion of PUFA from your tissues, which takes 2 - 5 years.
I feel like my metabolism is hampered by something else, i.e. chronic stress from exercise. Why else would my temp be ideal and resting pulse sit at 60? My mate whose been my tennis player the past 5 years or so also has a low pulse.

whit

I think the point of all these modalities is to bolster the thyroid and all the rest of the "systems" during a time of disrepair. To stave off any more damage from being done during repair.
Sure some of these things are just a hack to feel better in the meantime but whose to say thats not also part of the recovery process.

tara

I think the point of all these modalities is to bolster the thyroid and all the rest of the "systems" during a time of disrepair. To stave off any more damage from being done during repair.
That's how it seems to me too.
How they are used matters - to support basic metabolism, not to raise stress hormones so we can keep pushing ourselves to do more damage. So dose and context and individual response are important.

DaveFoster

I feel like my metabolism is hampered by something else, i.e. chronic stress from exercise. Why else would my temp be ideal and resting pulse sit at 60? My mate whose been my tennis player the past 5 years or so also has a low pulse.
Cortisol.

whit

I'm not always sure what exactly is raising temp. Stess hormones or normal metabolism.
It feels like sometimes hard to differentiate.
Still getting the hang of it.
If its sudden stress is usually involved.
After a solid meal its a calm and steady warm up.
Some supps can spike it and I think thats what can be confusing.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals