What's your favorite food combo/meal atm?

Sascha6990

I mean the meal you could eat daily for a whole week and not get bored.
In my country fruit is bad quality or expensive this time of the year so my favourite meal atm is rice and beef with lots of salt, pepper and raisins 🤤 I sometimes have ayran with it.

Connor888

In my country fruit is bad quality or expensive this time of the year so my favourite meal atm is rice and beef with lots of salt, pepper and raisins 🤤 I sometimes have ayran with it.
i never tried beef with raisins, is it any good ? i might try it. i switch between chicken wraps whit potato & cheese / and beef bolognese with pasta and cheese (etc) for my big meal , its nice

OP
Sascha6990

Sascha6990

i never tried beef with raisins, is it any good ? i might try it. i switch between chicken wraps whit potato & cheese / and beef bolognese with pasta and cheese (etc) for my big meal , its nice
I love pairing meats with fruit, lots of cuisines do it and it is delicious. French is the one that comes to my mind now.

I made something like a pilau, but in the oven. Saute beef with onions and spices, turn off heat, on top of the meat add rice, raisins, beef stock or water and pop in the oven until rice is done. Absolutely delicious!

Ah, bolognese, nice! I might make that next week 😍

Jennifer

Currently it’s raw milk with wildflower honey, blue crab and sea scallops with melted butter, and fresh pressed watermelon juice.

EvanHinkle

I was gonna say my beef and rice is my favorite, albeit boring, meal, but there’s OP saying the same! Maybe not so boring after all?

Sometimes I spice it up and replace the rice with cooked apples and cinnamon which is surprisingly delicious.

Just to round it out nutritionally I add a tablespoon of gelatin, 1/8 teaspoon of salt, and half a teaspoon of coral powder for calcium. Literally eat this for dinner maybe 4-5 nights a week and never get bored of it.

-Luke-

I love pairing meats with fruit, lots of cuisines do it and it is delicious. French is the one that comes to my mind now.
In the Rhineland one of the regional gastronomic specialties is a pot roast ("Rheinischer Sauerbraten" - originally made with horse meat, but nowadays beef is used almost always) with raisin sauce. Tastes very delicious when cooked well.

On topic: I currently eat oatmeal with milk for breakfast every day. And lunch is potatos, buffalo mozzarella, and a (decaf) coffee with milk and honey most days of the week.

OP
Sascha6990

Sascha6990

Currently it’s raw milk with wildflower honey, blue crab and sea scallops with melted butter, and fresh pressed watermelon juice.
Sounds really nice. Never thought of juicing watermelon but it sounds interesting! I guess it's really sweet and hydrating. Are you salting it?
Someone on my previous thread said they were salting everything when they were kids, even fruit. It inspired me to salt more even if it's not usual and I was amazed to find out everything tastes better with some salt 😍

OP
Sascha6990

Sascha6990

In the Rhineland one of the regional gastronomic specialties is a pot roast ("Rheinischer Sauerbraten" - originally made with horse meat, but nowadays beef is used almost always) with raisin sauce. Tastes very delicious when cooked well.

On topic: I currently eat oatmeal with milk for breakfast every day. And lunch is potatos, buffalo mozzarella, and a (decaf) coffee with milk and honey most days of the week.
Posts like this is why I love this forum. I noticed that in almost every thread there's someone saying some hidden gem piece of information which I've never heard about. I feel like I'm developing new synapses and gaining life experience simply by reading about someone else's experiences. I love being human 😃

OP
Sascha6990

Sascha6990

Sometimes I spice it up and replace the rice with cooked apples and cinnamon which is surprisingly delicious.

Just to round it out nutritionally I add a tablespoon of gelatin, 1/8 teaspoon of salt, and half a teaspoon of coral powder for calcium. Literally eat this for dinner maybe 4-5 nights a week and never get bored of it.
Awesome ideas!! Thank you!

Jennifer

Sounds really nice. Never thought of juicing watermelon but it sounds interesting! I guess it's really sweet and hydrating. Are you salting it?
Someone on my previous thread said they were salting everything when they were kids, even fruit. It inspired me to salt more even if it's not usual and I was amazed to find out everything tastes better with some salt 😍

Oh, if you like watermelon, I bet you would enjoy watermelon juice. It’s really refreshing when it’s hot out and it’s also great with some mint added—very cooling. I don’t salt it, no. I salt my eggs and seafood, but that’s about it, however, I have had watermelon with salt and I do recall it enhanced its sweetness. I imagine watermelon juice with salt would make a nice electrolyte/sports’ drink.

I was gonna say my beef and rice is my favorite, albeit boring, meal, but there’s OP saying the same! Maybe not so boring after all?

Just wondering, how do you "add" a tablespoon of gelatin? Is it in powder form? Add to beef while cooking? After? Sprinkle on top? I'm so thick with regards to how to add gelatine to muscle meats lol sorry if my question is stupid 😅

EvanHinkle

Just wondering, how do you "add" a tablespoon of gelatin? Is it in powder form? Add to beef while cooking? After? Sprinkle on top? I'm so thick with regards to how to add gelatine to muscle meats lol sorry if my question is stupid 😅
No problem, I add the powdered gelatin to the beef while I’m cooking it. I cook it on medium so the beef doesn’t get crispy.

A well cooked, buttered and salted baked yukon potato with elk chili poured over it. I'll then either slap a mound of cottage cheese on top, or float a fried egg on it.

Snicky

Homemade jello with yoghurt or cottage cheese, farmer cheese, etc…

Otherwise I am a sucker for asian-style rice noodle soups in homemade broth with hardboiled eggs/veggies, etc..

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals