Where do you stand on the carrot salad in 2023?

How often do you currently eat a carrot salad…

• Total voters

exile

I’m currently eating a carrot salad daily, but considering going back to well cooked mushrooms for about half the week instead for variety. How often are you eating a carrot salad these days if at all?

Warrior

Apart from tasting delicious I'd like to hear if anyone has actually felt any of the stated benefits from eating this dish.

Is there a subjective difference for you carrot munchers when you quit compared to when you're on it?

baron

Apart from tasting delicious I'd like to hear if anyone has actually felt any of the stated benefits from eating this dish.

Is there a subjective difference for you carrot munchers when you quit compared to when you're on it?
That's the whole point, the warm feeling you get after 30 minutes, sometimes euphoria. I get bloated and nauseated if I skip a couple of days.

lvysaur

Every day is too much, but a carrot is a good "reset". If I'm not hungry, I eat a carrot and my hunger comes back later on.
I also find that bamboo shoots don't do the same thing, and mushrooms do virtually nothing.

I'm convinced that it's the "indigestible" quality of carrots that's partially responsible. Eating a carrot feels like taking medicine.

LadyRae

I make a big bulk carrot salad and I have a big scoop of it almost everyday, probably five or six days a week.
Organic baby carrots pulsed in my food processor
A few baby pickles
Apple cider vinegar
Salt
Tandoori seasoning mix and sometimes some nutmeg
Liquid stevia drops

I've definitely noticed that eating carrots makes my skin clear, almost glass like. Also it definitely contributes to a satisfying bathroom experience LOL. My teenagers have gorgeous skin and they make sure to eat at least a carrot or a handful of baby carrots almost everyday...

I also boil a big batch of white button mushrooms once a week and have a little bit of that usually with my scrambled eggs in the morning. Roll it all up in a couple nori sheets.

Warrior

I make a big bulk carrot salad and I have a big scoop of it almost everyday, probably five or six days a week.
A few baby pickles
Apple cider vinegar
Salt
Liquid stevia drops

I've definitely noticed that eating carrots makes my skin clear, almost glass like. Also it definitely contributes to a satisfying bathroom experience LOL. My teenagers have gorgeous skin and they make sure to eat at least a carrot or a handful of baby carrots almost everyday...

I also boil a big batch of white button mushrooms once a week and have a little bit of that usually with my scrambled eggs in the morning. Roll it all up in a couple nori sheets.

This sounds quite delicious and similar to my recipe. May I inquire about the reason for pulsing vs the long slivers RP recommends? I liked the logic behind his thinking of preserving the fibers, no electric, as well as the mindful chewing this needs instead of the literal spoon feed and keeping it moving. Also does the bulk process not neutralize the nutrient values of the carrot as you're exposing antioxidants to oxygen, dipping the respiration rate and allowing the vitamins and minerals to evaporate.

As I've said before I know very, very little about the RP way of doing things so maybe you've already accounted for the above but if you don't ask the question you'll never know as I make mine fresh every day but bulk prep would be much more efficient if what I've said isn't an issue.

Atman

I eat a raw carrot a few times a week. I always feel better 30-60 minutes afterwards.

LadyRae

This sounds quite delicious and similar to my recipe. May I inquire about the reason for pulsing vs the long slivers RP recommends? I liked the logic behind his thinking of preserving the fibers, no electric, as well as the mindful chewing this needs instead of the literal spoon feed and keeping it moving. Also does the bulk process not neutralize the nutrient values of the carrot as you're exposing antioxidants to oxygen, dipping the respiration rate and allowing the vitamins and minerals to evaporate.

As I've said before I know very, very little about the RP way of doing things so maybe you've already accounted for the above but if you don't ask the question you'll never know as I make mine fresh every day but bulk prep would be much more efficient if what I've said isn't an issue.
Food processor= much easier prep. It all gets chewed anyway...and I really concentrate on extra chewing, more than my other meals for sure.

Plus I hate shredding... Sometimes I shred myself...

Sometimes I eat baby carrots dipped in salsa- bottom line: any ingestion of carrots yields the same effects for me. My recipe is purely for my own taste, to keep me wanting to eat them. I like variety.

Any way one eats raw carrots is beneficial 🌞

koky

A few baby pickles
Apple cider vinegar
Salt
Liquid stevia drops

those so called baby carrots are actually seconds that are extruded into "baby carrots"
unless you grow your own

LadyRae

those so called baby carrots are actually seconds that are extruded into "baby carrots"
unless you grow your own
Like I said above- however one eats raw carrots is beneficial.

Warrior

OK, thats cool. Thanks for sharing some insight that it generates the same effects with less prep time.

Try using a potato peeler one time though. You get really nice thin slivers with a wonderful texture and its all quite quick with minimal cleaning.

LadyRae

OK, thats cool. Thanks for sharing some insight that it generates the same effects with less prep time.

Try using a potato peeler one time though. You get really nice thin slivers with a wonderful texture and its all quite quick with minimal cleaning.
Thanks. I have a large family and am quite familiar with the potato peeler. I can't imagine preparing an entire salad that way but I guess if it's just for one person, you do you.

Warrior

You can't beat the paper thin and exceedingly even slice.

Texture is everything when it comes to next level cooking. Same with kitchenware as it really does make a difference.

coffeelover

Thanks. I have a large family and am quite familiar with the potato peeler. I can't imagine preparing an entire salad that way but I guess if it's just for one person, you do you.
Agreed 😆 I either do a big batch in the food processor or just eat a raw carrot like Bugs Bunny.

LadyRae

Agreed 😆 I either do a big batch in the food processor or just eat a raw carrot like Bugs Bunny.
Perfecto! If it's too complicated, people will quit eating them. Best not to get bogged down splitting hairs ..😊

coffeelover

I will make a big batch of carrot salad a couple weeks in a row but then I tend to get sick of it and not eat it for a couple weeks. Sometimes I'll just cut up carrot sticks for a snack or side for dinner. I do boil mushrooms and then fry in butter or add to soups, when I remember to buy them. Bamboo shoots are repulsive, I dare anyone to prove me wrong. 🤣

LadyRae

I will make a big batch of carrot salad a couple weeks in a row but then I tend to get sick of it and not eat it for a couple weeks. Sometimes I'll just cut up carrot sticks for a snack or side for dinner. I do boil mushrooms and then fry in butter or add to soups, when I remember to buy them. Bamboo shoots are repulsive, I dare anyone to prove me wrong. 🤣
You and me Babe🤣

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals