Which of Georgi's Products is best for Insomnia?

Pete Rey

This thread is in response to insomnia

I have zero idea how he ended up where he is:
Keto? Carnivore? OMAD? Orthorexia? Addictions? Stress? Shift work? Travel?

I wholeheartedly believe food-
What to eat
What not to eat
When to eat
Macros to eat
Etc
Would be the absolute best line of offense and defense here

Im not necessarily addressing @Pete Rey
But just for anyone stumbling upon this on the web

Signing off
I don't disagree, but that wasn't the original question. And really, I had no bone to pick with your answer, but rather Peter88's contention that it is the ONLY answer. It is a fair enough point that dietary considerations should come before supplementation.

I would hope that that would be common sense to most people. But even if it isn't, I don't believe supplementation should be discouraged, especially in ways literally invented by RP. Sometimes the willpower to change one's diet simply isn't there until an exogenous intervention is applied.

Dave Clark

Didn't Peat at one time sell a progesterone supplement, forget the name, Progest-E ? Obviously then he wasn't all about food or body sourced progesterone.

Don

Kuinone. Georgie has said in a podcast it helps him sleep like a baby. It helps me i take at night half on skin half oral.

OP
A

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
Kuinone. Georgie has said in a podcast it helps him sleep like a baby. It helps me i take at night half on skin half oral.
How much do you take?
Why do you split it like that?

Jonk

I don't disagree, but that wasn't the original question. And really, I had no bone to pick with your answer, but rather Peter88's contention that it is the ONLY answer. It is a fair enough point that dietary considerations should come before supplementation.

I would hope that that would be common sense to most people. But even if it isn't, I don't believe supplementation should be discouraged, especially in ways literally invented by RP. Sometimes the willpower to change one's diet simply isn't there until an exogenous intervention is applied.
Yes I find supplements often help to get out of a rut, but not often beneficial with sustained use. Just my own experience of course.

OP
A

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
Cyproheptadine
Greg,
Thanks.
I have read here that Cyproheptadine has some side effects.
These seem to be:
- Sleepiness (good for me) (but wears off?)
- Lowers blood pressure (bad for me)
- Causes constipation (bad)
Is there anything else?
Thanks again.
Paul

Greg says

Greg,
Thanks.
I have read here that Cyproheptadine has some side effects.
These seem to be:
- Sleepiness (good for me) (but wears off?)
- Lowers blood pressure (bad for me)
- Causes constipation (bad)
Is there anything else?
Thanks again.
Paul
I just nibble a quarter tablet about 1mg about 8pm..
to begin with I find the following days sleepiness wears off within 2-3 days. Following that I get really solid restorative sleep with no grogginess..
I don’t experience constipation from it.
Not sure about blood pressure.
It does cause me a pretty strong appetite though.

OP
A

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
I just nibble a quarter tablet about 1mg about 8pm..
to begin with I find the following days sleepiness wears off within 2-3 days. Following that I get really solid restorative sleep with no grogginess..
I don’t experience constipation from it.
Not sure about blood pressure.
It does cause me a pretty strong appetite though.
Greg,
Thanks.
Do you take Cyproheptadine to improve sleep?
Is that the focus for you?
Paul

Greg says

Greg,
Thanks.
Do you take Cyproheptadine to improve sleep?
Is that the focus for you?
Paul
yes just to guarantee a solid nights sleep with no stress hormones waking me up. If I take over 1mg it gives me restless legs and it feels agitating.

OP
A

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
yes just to guarantee a solid nights sleep with no stress hormones waking me up. If I take over 1mg it gives me restless legs and it feels agitating.
Thanks.
I see that haidut (I think it was him) prefers metergoline since it lacks the antihistamine and anticholinergic properties of cypro, and thinks metergoline is better at antagonizing 5-HT3 than cypro. Maybe by the antihistamine and anticholinergic properties of cypro he meant the soporific effect, but some folks are looking for that, right?

OP
A

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
Plenty of them can theoretically improve sleep. As for which actually have the potential to be somewhat sedating, I'd go with:

Cypro
Progestene
Calcirol + Kuinone
I was under the impression that Progesterone was really better suited for women.
Is that wrong?

ddjd

Insomnia is usually gaba related

Anything with b6p5p, magnesium, taurine, glycine.... They'll all help

Dave Clark

Peat says in that video that men don't want to take it regularly, but I think many do on this forum, and I think progesterone is promoted highly by Haidut for controlling cortisol. So, when Peat says that, is he referring to men of 'all' ages, or just younger men? If you are a man in your 60s, where progesterone is lower in your body, but cortisol is not lower, and maybe even higher than when young, why wouldn't a man want to take progesterone regularly?
I get such divergent views of how or if to use progesterone, I am not sure what the consensus is anymore, especially regarding men.

Pete Rey

Peat says in that video that men don't want to take it regularly, but I think many do on this forum, and I think progesterone is promoted highly by Haidut for controlling cortisol. So, when Peat says that, is he referring to men of 'all' ages, or just younger men? If you are a man in your 60s, where progesterone is lower in your body, but cortisol is not lower, and maybe even higher than when young, why wouldn't a man want to take progesterone regularly?
I get such divergent views of how or if to use progesterone, I am not sure what the consensus is anymore, especially regarding men.
My take is that he wasn't a fan of perpetual supplementation of anything, and tended to err on the side of caution when making statements that could be interpreted as recommendations. There are men on the forum that have taken it regularly and don't seem to have experienced any loss of masculine features. The forum is so diverse across the spectrum from complete naturalists to enthusiastic lab rats I doubt there will ever be much consensus on this.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals