Why doesn't aspirin work as well for me as ibuprofen?

bagotage

I desperately want to avoid ibuprofen, due to its cardiotoxic, antimetabolic, etc., effects, but when it comes to managing chronic pain, which is unfortunately my main issue right now, I often find that aspirin (dissolved in water with baking soda/salt, taken with fruit juice and vitamin K) simply doesn't seem to work as well... So I end up taking two ibuprofen before bed, or upon waking, instead. It's very frustrating. Any thoughts?

aspirin is 1/10th as effective as ibuprofen for pain relief. It is dangerous over the long haul, but often is the only thing that can give pain relief.

Warrior

How are your inflammation levels in general? Try 3G of Vitamin C, see what happens as others have found it helpful.

Doing that may dampen with your pain signals as may walking away from caffeine for a while and increasing Magnesium Malate taken in the AM and Glycinate in the PM.

HighT

no, what can you tell us?
Well it is a good painkiller. When I got headache sometimes even 1.5 gram of aspirine doesn't fix it, meanwhile 500mg analgin does. I don't know if it sold by this name in the west, the active ingridient is matamizole sodium. Here is without perscription and it costs coins.

Serge

Well it is a good painkiller. When I got headache sometimes even 1.5 gram of aspirine doesn't fix it, meanwhile 500mg analgin does. I don't know if it sold by this name in the west, the active ingridient is matamizole sodium. Here is without perscription and it costs coins.
"Ketorolac" (active substance, brand names may differ) works even better for me than analgin. Of course I keep it for emergencies only.

Jessie

Have you ever tried kava for pain? It works pretty well for some people. The only bad thing is there's no quality control in the kava market. Lots of weak adulterated stuff out there. One brand may give you good results and another not anything at all.

I used the "Kona Kava Farm" brand with decent results. It was capsules, 2 caps equal 1,000mg of kava powder. There was no added ingredients in the product, just a vegetable capsule. So huge plus there.

mostlylurking

I desperately want to avoid ibuprofen, due to its cardiotoxic, antimetabolic, etc., effects, but when it comes to managing chronic pain, which is unfortunately my main issue right now, I often find that aspirin (dissolved in water with baking soda/salt, taken with fruit juice and vitamin K) simply doesn't seem to work as well... So I end up taking two ibuprofen before bed, or upon waking, instead. It's very frustrating. Any thoughts?
I was able to resolve my chronic pain via high dose thiamine hcl. Aspirin didn't help at all. The pain was caused by lactic acid build up (lactic acidosis, highly inflammatory). Thiamine is known to resolve lactic acidosis. All the pain went away within 45 minutes of taking 300mg of thiamine hcl.

Herbie

I sometimes get head aches for all day and will take aspirin but doesn't go away. If I take ibuprofen lysine it goes away within minutes.

Recently I had a bad headache, took ibuprofen lysine twice but didn't fully go away. I took 2 grams of aspirin which made it fully go away.

I realised that I may need to just take a high dose of aspirin.

Taking aspirin with ibuprofen negates the side effects of ibuprofen, there is a post from Haidut about it.

OP
bagotage

bagotage

aspirin is 1/10th as effective as ibuprofen for pain relief.
Okay, wow, I did not realize this, I was assuming they were basically 1:1 for some reason. Thank you.

How are your inflammation levels in general? Try 3G of Vitamin C, see what happens as others have found it helpful.
I suspect my inflammation levels are very high almost all the time... I've tried high-dose vitamin C in the past for the same issues, with no noticeable effect (other than diarrhea...). What formulation of vitamin C would you suggest? I've tried ascorbic acid, both unbuffered and liposomal.

Doing that may dampen with your pain signals as may walking away from caffeine for a while and increasing Magnesium Malate taken in the AM and Glycinate in the PM.
I would love to walk away from caffeine, but dopaminergic substances are some of the only things that reliably help. I was on amphetamines for a few years, so I suppose I'm still detoxing from that.

For magnesium, I do a lot of epsom salt baths, and I make @Dan W's magnesium water, and when I don't have that handy I take magnesium taurate. Why morning malate and evening glycinate, specifically?

Have you ever tried kava for pain? It works pretty well for some people. The only bad thing is there's no quality control in the kava market. Lots of weak adulterated stuff out there. One brand may give you good results and another not anything at all.

I used the "Kona Kava Farm" brand with decent results. It was capsules, 2 caps equal 1,000mg of kava powder. There was no added ingredients in the product, just a vegetable capsule. So huge plus there.
I've used kratom on and off, but never kava, except for going to kava bars a few times. I'm trying to avoid kratom, generally, because I don't need my opiate system any more messed up than I suspect it already is. Do they know what the psychoactives in kava are? I did some brief research and didn't find anything.

I was able to resolve my chronic pain via high dose thiamine hcl. Aspirin didn't help at all. The pain was caused by lactic acid build up (lactic acidosis, highly inflammatory). Thiamine is known to resolve lactic acidosis. All the pain went away within 45 minutes of taking 300mg of thiamine hcl.
I suspect I do have a fair amount of lactic acidosis... I have the Health Natura B complex tincture, and I've been experimenting with higher doses of it, but never tried straight B1—I will give it a shot!

Taking aspirin with ibuprofen negates the side effects of ibuprofen, there is a post from Haidut about it.
Didn't know this either, thanks so much!

cdg

Baking soda deactivates aspirin

OP
bagotage

bagotage

Is this the post you meant?

If there's another one, I couldn't find it.

Jaydogg23

I have found decent pain relief with black seed oil (nigella sativa) about a half teaspoon (5mL). I think the black seed oil gives better pain relief because it works on the u mu opiod receptor. I also agree with previous post about backing off, or lowering your caffeine and balancing it out with theanine, aspirin, and black seed oil.

OP
bagotage

bagotage

I have found decent pain relief with black seed oil (nigella sativa) about a half teaspoon (5mL). I think the black seed oil gives better pain relief because it works on the u mu opiod receptor.
Thank you, I'm gonna give this a shot.

Najrobi

Few days ago I discovered that eugenol helps a lot with chronic pain. Aspirin didn’t help, even if it has helping before. I tried everything.
I boiled one spoon of cloves (which has large concentration of eugenol) in one liter of water, left it boiling for 3-5 min. After that chill for 5 min and then separate water from the cloves, otherwise it’s going to be too strong taste.
It has similar effects as aspirin, itˋs anti inflammatory and pro androgenic. I just dont know for how long should be taken, because it thins the blood, but I guess it´s not so bad option.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals