Work, Stress, Hair Loss

milk

I work as a translator. My pay is proportional to the number of words I turn out. This means that if I want to make ends meet and have some extra budget I need to type a lot. I typed 4.000 words today, not an astounding ammount, and yet my forearms hurt. I should certainly look into proper posture and typing techniques, but the point is I feel slightly exhausted.

When I work hard I seem to shed hair. I was not shedding hair at all today, but shortly after I sat down to work, when I ran my fingers through my hair, some strands came out. When I set out to work I think I do get into a kind of stressful mood, a slightly hyper-excited cold sweat "Lest's do this!" vibe. It's not unpleasant or anything, I actually feel good when I'm being productive, but it does seem to be affecting my metabolism and consequently my hair.

My diet is the stantard peat thing. OJ, milk, liver, potatoes, etc. I ate 3.000 calories today. I'm taking 1/8 Cynoplus when I wake up and before bed. 5g taurine throughout the day with food. Cynoplus and taurine are the two supplements that at particular junctures in my Peat experience have totally stopped my hair loss, but only for a few days or weeks.

I should probably just get the standard Peat blood test and see what's up.

Basically I wonder if it's possible to maintain high productivity without messing up metabolism/hair. I seem to not shed a lot a hair when I laze around the entire day.

Greg says

I think our working life is the biggest burden on our cellular health. Unless you enjoy your job and have no targets or pressure.

“How in the hell could a man enjoy being awakened at 8:30 a.m. by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, ***t, piss, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so? ”

"The nine-to-five is one of the greatest atrocities sprung upon mankind. You give your life away to a function that doesn't interest you. This situation so repelled me that I was driven to drink, starvation, and mad females, simply as an alternative."

Bukowski recalls his youthful confusion about why people would give up their lives to thankless jobs and cruel bosses. “People simply empty out,” he wrote. “They are bodies with fearful and obedient minds. The color leaves the eye. The voice becomes ugly. And the body. The hair. The fingernails. The shoes. Everything does.”

- Charles Bukowski

T

tobieagle

I think our working life is the biggest burden on our cellular health. Unless you enjoy your job and have no targets or pressure.

“How in the hell could a man enjoy being awakened at 8:30 a.m. by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, ****, piss, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so? ”

"The nine-to-five is one of the greatest atrocities sprung upon mankind. You give your life away to a function that doesn't interest you. This situation so repelled me that I was driven to drink, starvation, and mad females, simply as an alternative."

Bukowski recalls his youthful confusion about why people would give up their lives to thankless jobs and cruel bosses. “People simply empty out,” he wrote. “They are bodies with fearful and obedient minds. The color leaves the eye. The voice becomes ugly. And the body. The hair. The fingernails. The shoes. Everything does.”

- Charles Bukowski

Are these quotes from a particular work of him?
Would like to read more of it.

I agree btw that society/work/lifestyle can have a profound influence on ones health and it synergizes with diet and other factors.

Sheik

I have the same problem. I have long thought that I must have never recovered from chronic stress, because I should be able to do my job. Other people do my job and seem to be doing okay.

Actually, when I work hard my scalp becomes... numb? Tense? It's hard to say, but when I start to relax afterwards I can feel an intense 'pressure' in my scalp right where the hair is thinning.

Greg says

Are these quotes from a particular work of him?
Would like to read more of it.

I agree btw that society/work/lifestyle can have a profound influence on ones health and it synergizes with diet and other factors.

I'm not sure about all the quotes but I think they are from Factotum.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals