1 cup just 1 cup daily

lazz

Anyone agrees that 1 cup of red organic wine before going to bed improves circulation and it's healthy and beneficial or is it just another myth?? Just 1 cup , no more

paper_clips43

Does it give you any adverse effects?

For instance I wanted to be able to drink wine but I found it gave acne on my jaw which I believe is associated with estrogen.

OP
L

lazz

no, brother...I never had acne in my life , not even during puberty.

I don't think 1 cup every other night will give me estrogen issues..

OP
L

lazz

I come from Italians and Basque country , bilbao Spain. to them red wine is like drinking water..lol...too much might be estrogenic but 1 cup every other night I think it might beneficial for the heart ,circulation .erections etc...

paper_clips43

I agree I think it can be beneficial.
You've seen the studies where monkeys have access to plain water, water with moderate ethanol, and water with lots of ethanol?
Supposedly the monkeys who drank the water with moderate ethanol were the healthiest.

Anyway I hope others chime in as this interests also.

jaa

I find a small amount of alcohol at night disrupts my sleep so I doubt this would be beneficial for me even if true. Best to drink upon waking :D

Blossom

Forum Supporter
There is information on this in the general dietary guidelines.

OP
L

lazz

Blossom said:

yeah , posting a link wouldn't hurt too much either, did my search and according to Ray wine has estrogenic properties , he says gin , vodka are better choices but I personally dont have a taste for those..screw it, STRAIGHT EDGE lifestyle for moi :geek:

juanitacarlos

I've heard it is beneficial too, but even one drink at night disrupts my sleep too. Maybe it's just an individual thing?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Peat said if healthy alcohol probably wouldn't be harmful. You know anyone truly healthy?

That being said, I love rum. :mrgreen:

lazz said:
... did my search and according to Ray wine has estrogenic properties , he says gin , vodka are better choices but I personally dont have a taste for those..screw it, STRAIGHT EDGE lifestyle for moi :geek:

I used to love red wine, but it started giving me hellacious headaches about a year ago, like a two day migraine type thing that I had never experienced before so I won't touch it now. However, the occasional vodka and OJ are perfectly delish, or vodka and sugary lemonade, mmmmm, or that Costco spice rum and Mexican coke....Oh, and White Russians too, cuz after all Kahlua is from Mexico.

Alas, if I have more than one drink or too close to bed, it can definitely disrupt my sleep.

Sheesh, reading the above, I sound like an alcoholic. Sad truth is I have lost my desire to drink. I am dealing with so much excess estrogen now that my poor liver is begging for mercy...oh well, I used to be fun. :|

Milk or active charcoal bind the polyphenols and such.

pboy

not too bad. Unless it gives you symptoms that grapes would, any gastric stuff. The antioxidants aren't that important, but wine actually has a bit of potassium, magnesium so it wont throw off your sugar balance or anything metabolically speaking. I used to drink a good amount and enjoyed it but eventually pinned it as a culprit of gastric distress for me...even being sulfite free and organic. If I do drink these days I prefer clear alcohols. I don't really crave it but have gained huge benefits from alcohol used appropriately throughout my life...and wouldn't hesitate too much to drink some again if the situation called for it. Sometimes after not drinking for a little while the taste becomes noticeably offensive...and I basically don't even want to drink it. So it really takes a compelling situation to make it worth it. When and if you are actually benefitting from it, even if its to lighten your head, its good...it helps clean up various parts of the body also from arteries to GI

Blossom

Forum Supporter
:cool:
lazz said:
Blossom said:

yeah , posting a link wouldn't hurt too much either, did my search and according to Ray wine has estrogenic properties , he says gin , vodka are better choices but I personally dont have a taste for those..screw it, STRAIGHT EDGE lifestyle for moi :geek:
Sorry I didn't post a link. I was away from my computer and using a mobile device. I used to drink wine and enjoyed it but I started getting a histamine reaction so I stopped. Drinking these days seems counterproductive for what I need to do personally but from what I've read of Peat and other forum members it seems 1 drink isn't a problem in good health. I don't miss it really and definitely prefer feeling my best.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals