Fructose Brands

Nicole

Hello!

Can anyone help me find (if it exists) a non-gmo (preferably organic) brand of pure Fructose derived from fruit? I don't like that it comes from corn. This may not exist but I thought before ordering I would ask in case there are better options!

Thank you...
;)

mt_dreams

I tried searching last year for non-corn fructose last year, and was not successful. Hopefully someone has a internet source, or can at least squash the concern for wanting non-corn fructose.

On the topic of corn/GMO sugar, does white sugar (or in Nicole's case, pure fructose) contain any pesticide residue or information from the original source be it beets, sugar cane, corn, etc? Or like canning salt, is it pure 100% sugar in scientific terms.
Since it appears table sugar is now coming from gmo beets, I was wondering if there would be a reason to pay extra from white sugar from only sugar cane, or organic sugar which is 3x more expensive?

OP
N

Nicole

Thanks mt_dreams! If I don't hear/see anything this week I'll place an order for the corn derived fructose... not a huge fan of that.

When you look at the price for organic sugar, is it online or in a grocery store? I wouldn't buy this item from a "health food store" as they unfortunately don't have the buying power that large companies have...

:)

Lin

I think the frozen, concentrated white grape juice would work as a liquid fructose source. And for a powder, date sugar.
EDIT--I don't think either is very good in coffee, though.

BingDing

I bought the NOW brand made from non GMO corn (not organic). I was concerned about long chains of fructose with beta bonds that we don't have enzymes to break, like HFCS. So I emailed NOW:

Question about your Fructose. Can you tell me if it is 100% monosaccharide or if it includes oligo- or polysaccharides. Thank you

Their reply

Our fructose is as pure as a food grade monosaccharide can be. Inulin would provide a mixture of the different saccharide chains you described.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals