Emotional mess

iLoveSugar

I'm a young male (29) and can NOT deal with any emotions. I immediately and flipping emotions from sad to depressed, to scared, to tired for no reason at all. I also get amazingly scared and depressed over dumb things, ie, minor suspense things on TV, in life, etc.

Please help!!

Gl;itch.e

I wonder what your blood sugar is doing. A lot of fluctuations might be playing a hand in this. Do you use anything like Niacinamide or Aspirin? What are your usual daily food sources?

OP
I

iLoveSugar

My health is currently an absolute disaster and makes my quality of life currently awful. That's putting in nicely. I am currently under eating as my gastrointestinal issues are veery bad. Bamboo shoots, meat, OJ, sugar, salt, eggs, carbonated water, ice cream, coffee. That's pretty much my daily foods at the moment. Niacinamide never did anything for me in the past so I stopped it. I take 325 mg aspirin daily and nibble on tiny pieces of T3 here and there. Depression is terrible for me right now...

Gl;itch.e

That sounds rough mate. I go through some highs and lows but nothing that sounds as bad as that. Im dealing with some stuff at the mo and its got wondering how much of these sorts of things are purely habitual/mental (dare I say learned helplessness) rather than physiological. Are there things in your daily routines that bring you much joy or happiness? If possible do more of those things and try to find other new ways to make yourself happy.

Can you give more details of the gastrointestinal symptoms? How long have they been going on and what happened around the time they started? How long have you been taking aspirin?

OP
I

iLoveSugar

@glitche Sports is it and I do try and play. Unfortunately I pay the ultimate penalty by hurting bad for several days.

@cellular my gastro symptoms have plagued me for over 15 years. I get severely bloated, constipated, crampy, sick from anything and everything. From my chest all the way to my rectum, it's seriously effected. I've tried everything'. Only tried aspirin for the last year or so.

tara

Hi,
I just scanned your many posts to see if I could find a summary of how you are and what you've tried. Looks like you've been having a rough time for quite a while.
If you feel like answering questions, I'm just picking out a couple of areas that came to mind for me - not to say they are the most relevant ones:

1. Did any of your docs suggest the hiatus hernia could be contributing to digestive distress? Do you have clear idea where the hernia is, how big it is, and what else it would be pressing into? This is not something I know about, but a very quick google told me it can sometimes cause problems by restricting blood flow to stomach. Sometimes surgery is done to reduce the hernia - ie put the bulge back where it belongs. I imagine that if blood flow is significantly reduced to stomach, the stomach won't do it's job properly, and this could have uncomfortable effects all the way down stream through the digestion, and also contribute to malnutrition. I wonder if it can also harbour a stagnant space where food gets in but doesn't move on fast enough, allowing for putrefaction or other unhelpful substances developing? This is relatively ignorant speculation on my part - I have no medical training.

2. You mentioned you'd had various scans, including MRIs. I assume you'd have mentioned if anything showed up on any of them?

3. What (and how much) are you eating? I think you said somewhere you were eating peaty, but different people seem to emphasise different parts of Peat's ideas. It sounds like digestion is difficult. Not getting enough nourishment, whether it be carbs, protein and calories, or minerals and vitamins, can lead to sluggish digestion, anxiety, and hinder healing, amongst other things. This seems like it can sometimes be a bit of a vicious circle, unfortunately. I imagine you've read Mittir's info on possible GI irritants.
Is there anything you can eat without digestive distress?

4. How is your breathing? Nose or mouth? Diaphragm or chest? Slow and shallow or fast and hard/deep? At night? Chronic hyperventilation, even if it's below the level of awareness, tends to reduce blood flow to the digestive system, meaning it gets less oxygen and other nutrients it needs to function well. It can also cause anxiety, hold hands and feet, worsen concentration, etc.

If this is all posted together somewhere and I missed it, please redirect:):

I think if you can't have a good blood panel you should try going a month with no thyroid, 100mg pregnenolone a day, six oysters a week and a multi-vitamin a day.

gretchen

In addition to eating Peatish try reducing/eliminating blue light at night. Go to sleep before 10 and get as much bright light as you can from the time you wake up till noon.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Thanks for the replies:

@tara- I do think the hiatal hernia has something to play with it all as my digestion is a mess. The docs don't seem to think so though, and just always recommend Zantec, Prilosec, etc. I'm not a huge fan of those. In regards to the scans, just the hiatal hernia and esophagitis. I am definitely undereating. A few reasons; due to my slow digestion, I am always miseralby bloated, and uneasy, which leads to dizziness and uncomfort. I'm also for some reason attracted to all the wrong foods (chips, pizza, chicken, etc). Beings that, I stay away from it, and I have no appetite for fruit and what not. I do drink a lot of OJ, salt, sugar, beef, eggs, ice cream, coffee, etc. Some days I meet nutritional targets, most days not due to bloating and anxiety that is killing me. I am nervous and shaky for no reason (not due to blood sugar). Breathing sucks! I've tried those exercsies, along with bag breathing I always have to mouth breath due to allergies, air hunger, etc.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Such_Saturation said:
I think if you can't have a good blood panel you should try going a month with no thyroid, 100mg pregnenolone a day, six oysters a week and a multi-vitamin a day.

@such saturation- My blood panels are always off. Sometimes high ALT (liver count), sometimes high WBC counts, low T3, low T4, etc. Docs all around here suck and have no answers. I took pregnenolone for a while, noticed nothing at all. Also, I gagged oysters down for a month straight and felt no better. I absolutely hated them also. I do have a multi also but stopped taking it as Peat thought it could definitely be detrimental.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

gretchen said:
In addition to eating Peatish try reducing/eliminating blue light at night. Go to sleep before 10 and get as much bright light as you can from the time you wake up till noon.

I have been trying to get much more good light. Eliminating the blue light is very hard to do as currently it's my business, and the only way to pay the bills (international sales at night). I try and get to bed between 11-1.

I was thinking a vitamin panel, B for example.

ilovethesea

Have you tried a no starch diet? That should really help with the allergies which I know from experience really impairs your quality of life. I've found I react to potatoes, rice, all commercial juices including OJ, even tiny amounts of starch in supplements (eg aspirin, cypro pills and thyroid), and honey. You could try eliminating all of those and really increasing your milk and white sugar consumption (and fruit if you have access to it).

Once you can breathe better through your nose it should be easier to get the recovery benefits from sleep. Also you could try liquid cypro and/or liquid Benadryl for additional allergy relief.

I'm afraid I don't know, I usually go to a lab one morning and give them a list.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

ilovethesea said:
Have you tried a no starch diet? That should really help with the allergies which I know from experience really impairs your quality of life. I've found I react to potatoes, rice, all commercial juices including OJ, even tiny amounts of starch in supplements (eg aspirin, cypro pills and thyroid), and honey. You could try eliminating all of those and really increasing your milk and white sugar consumption (and fruit if you have access to it).

Once you can breathe better through your nose it should be easier to get the recovery benefits from sleep. Also you could try liquid cypro and/or liquid Benadryl for additional allergy relief.

Interesting; my aspirin and thyroid does have extra crap in it. I do drink OJ now also, and it's supposedly fresh squeezeed from whole foods. I feel like I react to absolutely everything. My veins in heads get real tight, I get bloated, nervous, sore, etc.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals