Cottonseed Oil Can Make Men Sterile

haidut

Forum Supporter
This oil is quickly becoming a very popular alternative to canola and safflower oils in the food industry, given that it is cheaper to produce and store. It is used in many organic products at my local Whole Foods store, and I even got pitched on using by the lady in the supplements section.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cottonseed_oil

"...Cotton seed has a similar structure to other oilseeds such as sunflower seed, having an oil-bearing kernel surrounded by a hard outer hull; in processing, the oil is extracted from the kernel. Cottonseed oil is used for salad oil, mayonnaise, salad dressing, and similar products because of its flavor stability."

While the study I am posting here is about cottonseed oil, I don't see why its effects would not be produced by any of the other PUFAs out there.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6273239

"...Other steroids (17 alpha-testosterone, 17 alpha-estradiol, and 17 beta-estradiol, DHT, and progesterone) tested under the same experimental conditions had no effect on sperm motility, but cottonseed oil (goosypol) had drastic effects. Doses a little as 100 pg/100 microliter produced a 90% decrease in sperm motility."

So, stay away from this poison, and if you cannot, then maybe caffeine (from the same study) can help a bit.

"...Caffeine had a stimulatory effect on the percentage of motile sperm at doses of 400 microliter of semen."

mas

Stay away from CRISCO shortening too- that is cottonseed oil. Poison in a tub!

BingDing

Sorta related, I was at a Whole Foods yesterday and saw a sticker on the food bar "non-GMO Canola oil". I just had to laugh. Of course, there is no such thing as a canola plant. It is genetically modified rape or rapeseed. The name comes from "canadian oil".

There is just no limit to the BS out there.

pboy

lol...sometimes things like this just don't even seem real. You would think if a common food additive caused a 90% decrease in sperm motility it would be something people really knew about and used more like a medicine than a food additive. But who knows...and how can such a study, if true, simply be overlooked and not really brought up on a larger scale

Koveras

Not that I would entertain that professional bodybuilders are healthy on any number of fronts, but I wonder how many cases of low fertility / sterility are related to injectable steroids being dissolved in cottonseed oil. A fertility double whammy perhaps.

Quick google search turned up entertaining forum posts such as "I bought some filtered cottonseed oil and was wondering if its ok to inject because the vial says ingestion may cause sickness."

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Not that I would entertain that professional bodybuilders are healthy on any number of fronts, but I wonder how many cases of low fertility / sterility are related to injectable steroids being dissolved in cottonseed oil. A fertility double whammy perhaps.

Quick google search turned up entertaining forum posts such as "I bought some filtered cottonseed oil and was wondering if its ok to inject because the vial says ingestion may cause sickness."

Yeah, good point. Bodybuilders aside, most steroids administered clinically are usually given as an injection and the liquid is usually composed of a toxic (or ineffective) steroid salt dissolved in a toxic medium like a mix of benzyl alcohol and some seed oil like cottonseed. Now, that is criminally dumb as not only is it done on a mass scale but it is the officially approved method for delivering steroids. Bodybuilders got this idea from somewhere, right? Many of them are either well-connected in the medical field or have friends/relatives working there and supplying them with steroids and...stupid ideas.

mujuro

Forum Supporter
Where I am, MCT oil is now the favored carrier for AAS.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Where I am, MCT oil is now the favored carrier for AAS.

Clinically or in the bodybuilding community? I am pretty certain no medical system in the world uses steroids as official practice in anything but PUFA carriers and some other toxic crap due to cost concerns. Steroids dissolved in MCT would be great but I doubt this is practiced clinically anywhere. If you have info to the contrary please share.

mujuro

Forum Supporter
Bodybuilding community of course. It gained popularity very quickly for its smooth delivery and lack of post-injection pain and "corking" of the muscle. I think the MCTs, being saturated, also possess a longer shelf life and greater resilience to rancidification, no?

Last edited:

Momado965

Bodybuilding community of course. It gained popularity very quickly for its smooth delivery and lack of post-injection pain and "corking" of the muscle. I think the MCTs, being saturated, also possess a longer shelf life and greater resilience to rancidification, no?

What hormones did you dissolve in MCT oil?

mujuro

Forum Supporter
What hormones did you dissolve in MCT oil?

I didn’t do it myself, I’m just talking about underground AAS circles. Anything that could go into cottonseed/grapeseed oil. The long esters with 7-10 carbons can be dissolved into MCT no problem, but for the less-lipophilic 2-3 carbon esters that have trouble dissolving, people will add in some benzyl benzoate or benzyl alcohol as solvents.

Beefcake

Goosypol seems to be something else though since they mention it they must have checked that it’s active in the oil they give? Wiki says its a natural phenol present in cottonseed oil and that it is toxic so cottonseed oil has to be refined. Would be interesting to see if they did the same 90% reduction in mortility with canola or soy oil. Then you could at least say its not the phenol being so toxic.

Last edited:

HealthPete

I am on testosterone replacement therapy. I inject testosterone weekly. Every brand sold through regular pharmacies is cottonseed oil based! I called every pharmacy around me and also called cvs's phone number they gave me for their " specialty drug " dept. I cannot find any that is not in cottonseed oil.

I know I can get it through a compounding pharmacy if I pay out of pocket. That is what I will do.

Does anyone happen to know an afforadable compounding pharmacy that mixes testosterone in something other than cottonseed oil? It almost seems like a conspiracy. I know cottonsed oil is probably cheap and they make more profit using it, but is it really that much cheaper than ANY other oil out there? Every guy on testosterone replacment that pays with insurance is forced to inject cottonseed oil.

johnwester130

I am on testosterone replacement therapy. I inject testosterone weekly. Every brand sold through regular pharmacies is cottonseed oil based! I called every pharmacy around me and also called cvs's phone number they gave me for their " specialty drug " dept. I cannot find any that is not in cottonseed oil.

I know I can get it through a compounding pharmacy if I pay out of pocket. That is what I will do.

Does anyone happen to know an afforadable compounding pharmacy that mixes testosterone in something other than cottonseed oil? It almost seems like a conspiracy. I know cottonsed oil is probably cheap and they make more profit using it, but is it really that much cheaper than ANY other oil out there? Every guy on testosterone replacment that pays with insurance is forced to inject cottonseed oil.

I don't know about compunding pharmacies

Make your own with vitamin E and everclear?

HealthPete

I would make my own but Testosterone cypionate is a scheduled " drug". I have a prescription but its already mixed with oil.

HealthPete

I found a pharmacy online that mixes testosterone with grapeseed oil and can ship to me. Thats gotta be better than cottonseed!

But wait.....grapeseed is 70% omega 6s and cottonseed is 50% omega 6's.

I still think grapeseed seems healthier. I guess it depends on what exactly what is contained in the remaining percentages. Also, I hardly eat much omega 6s in my diet and I only need to inject 2 ml of oil total per month. That is not much. It does bypass digestion though.

Does anyone know how significant this small amout of omega 6s is to inject? ( 2 ml/ month of either 50% or 70% omega 6's)

I did not mean to hijack this thread. Should I have started a new one? I dont know forum edicate that well.

Last edited:

johnwester130

I found a pharmacy online that mixes testosterone with grapeseed oil and can ship to me. Thats gotta be better than cottonseed!

But wait.....grapeseed is 70% omega 6s and cottonseed is 50% omega 6's.

I still think grapeseed seems healthier. I guess it depends on what exactly what is contained in the remaining percentages. Also, I hardly eat much omega 6s in my diet and I only need to inject 2 ml of oil total per month. That is not much. It does bypass digestion though.

Does anyone know how significant this small amout of omega 6s is to inject? ( 2 ml/ month of either 50% or 70% omega 6's)

I did not mean to hijack this thread. Should I have started a new one? I dont know forum edicate that well.

just use vitamin E as the oil to dissolve it?

Yes, it is odd that this is the carrier agent used in testosterone cypionate injections

HealthPete

just use vitamin E as the oil to dissolve it?
Like I posted earlier, I cannot get pure testosterone cypionate...at least not legally. Its a scheduled drug , i have a prescription, but that drug is mixed in oil already .

(Its kinda weird to me that testosterone is a acheduled " drug")

johnwester130

Like I posted earlier, I cannot get pure testosterone cypionate...at least not legally. Its a scheduled drug , i have a prescription, but that drug is mixed in oil already .

(Its kinda weird to me that testosterone is a acheduled " drug")
use testosterone base?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals