Peata's Log For Weight Loss & Misc

OP
Peata

Peata

Well, this latest menstrual period has gone similarly to the ones before I started the Vitamin E. (This is 2nd cycle on vit. E). Except my breasts have not been as sore, so that's good. And periods are regular these days.

But like the other cycles, I woke up in the middle of night on 2nd day of period with severe cramps, both uterine and intestinal. And discomfort in my gallbladder.

I also had acne this cycle.

And that was two capsules of the Swanson's Gamma stuff.

Not sure what else I can do for the next cycle. Open to suggestions.

Last edited:
The turpentine came in the mail today. I'll probably wait until tomorrow night to use it since I work tomorrow.

I've experimented with taking the turpentine in a couple of different ways. Taking after a meal causes less burping, but it can slow transit time. If you are currently having diarrhea this could be a GOOD thing.

Taking on an empty stomach and waiting an hour or so before eating might give you turp burps....as I like to call them, but I think it's more effective taking it this way.

Start off slow, maybe 1/2 teaspoon at most to see how you feel.

I've taken a slightly larger dose on two separate occasions (approximately 1 1/2 tsp. at once), mostly because I accidentally spilled it and flooded my tablespoon of sugar. I didn't want to waste it so I ate it anyways. Both times it cleaned me out from stem to stern. In other words, it moved through rather quickly and on both occasions my guts felt completely awesome afterwards.

I got tired of the dribble-y mess trying to pour into a tablespoon of loose sugar, so I switched to the dropper method on sugar cubes. It's much more precise and waaaay less messy. I use a glass dropper to measure out a teaspoon and then drip the measured dose with the dropper onto four sugar cubes, eating each one as it becomes saturated and chasing with lots of water.

The first three or four times I took the turpentine it made me very sleepy and I had to sleep for like 12 hours straight. Ever since the Mass Exodus in January the turpentine no longer has that effect on me, instead it is the opposite and can be stimulating. I now take it much earlier in the day.

I think the Pepto was helping bust up the bio-films, but if you weren't using an anti-parasitic/anti-fungal in tandem with the Pepto, then yes...I think what ever organism that is causing the diarrhea will come right back.

If antibiotics triggered the diarrhea then you may have had a fungal overgrowth, that's what happened to me and I took the Nystatin to get rid of it.

If you are experiencing occasional bloating after eating, upper right quadrant discomfort along with rapid transit or undigested food on occasion, then I think parasites are also involved.

In my opinion, solely based on my own personal experience, it doesn't matter if you have H. pylori and/or SIBO and/or an overgrowth of Candida or other pathogenic bacteria and/or flukes etc....the turpentine will kill them all.

Eradicating gut infections will allow your body to make proper amounts of stomach acid and bile, which obviously leads to superior digestion and assimilation of nutrients. I think it's really important for people with chronic gut issues to focus on eating densely nutritious whole foods and less on "empty" calories due to the fact that most likely there are nutritional deficiencies from years of infection.

KEEP US POSTED!!! :p

Not sure what else I can do for the next cycle. Open to suggestions.

It sounds to me like your liver struggles to clear excess estrogen at this point in your cycle, hopefully you will have a Mass Exodus of your own which will help take the burden off of your liver.

Some people take turpentine for several days in a row and then taper back to once or twice a week. I tried and I couldn't handle that dosing schedule, the die-off that first week to ten days was very intense....of course I didn't know what was dying off at the time, eeew.:yuck:

OP
Peata

Peata

I took about 1/2 t. last night on the sugar cubes. I spread it out over an hour. Then a few hours later, took about another 1/2 t. I didn't notice any particular feeling. I did get some "turp burps" as BP called it. An hour and a half after the 2nd dose, I had some diarrhea. I think the turp was a bit hard on my stomach and I had taken it on an empty stomach.

I may take some more tonight and see if anything happens.

OP
Peata

Peata

I went ahead and took one t. on the sugar cubes over the course of the last hour.

I am just being cautious with it. That's all I plan to take today. If nothing happens, I may go ahead with one teas. tomorrow and then wait at least a few days.

With your experience of antibiotics causing the diarrhea to come back along with the Pepto making the diarrhea go away, I think it's really safe to say that your diarrhea was/is caused by a tenacious imbalance of unfriendly gut flora.

Be sure to drink lots of water on the days that you take the turpentine, you want to flush the bad microbes from your system as quickly as possible.

The turpentine will make your intestinal tract a very unappealing place to hang out, disrupting the biofilms and sweeping things clean will keep your digestive system happy.

Occasional continued use will keep undesirable organisms under control. Some people use the turpentine twice a week, some only use it once a week, some just once a month and others only once or twice a year........you'll know what's right for your body.

Turpentine can be used for many other health issues as well. I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!

OP
Peata

Peata

I forgot that yesterday evening after taking it, I noticed some irritation to my urethra. It went away. Then after the dose today, I noticed it again. My urine was darker too. I've been drinking more water each time. The problem has gone away.

I have been eating foods I don't normally eat and more than I normally eat today due to the holiday gathering. I just had an episode of diarrhea a while ago. Had it this morning too. Since it was watery diarrhea, I couldn't check for anything in the bowl.

Other than the sore urethra earlier, I've had some "turp burps" and later some gas, but no other symptoms I can tell. Nothing in the liver or gallbladder or anything. The irritation was just the urethra - not to my kidneys or bladder.

I think I'll give my body a break from the turpentine and maybe try again Wed or Thurs at the earliest.

OP
Peata

Peata

Some watery diarrhea this a.m. and a slight ache in gallbladder. My skin is oily, ugh.

It's strange to me I had turpentine two days and didn't feel any "die off" or much of anything. I forgot to mention a little anxiety each time after I took it, adrenaline, etc. it wore off.

While I wait for turpentine to do something if it's going to, any other suggestions for helping my liver clear out estrogen better?

I take Vit. E, A, Bs, extra Biotin, D, K, Cyproheptadine. My diet is low pufa as I can get it.

how can you justify taking turpentine and it being safe? i did extensive research into turpentine a few years ago and found this guy on youtube prolaciming it's amazing benefits. however, after investigating his cited sources, he really had no scientific information backing it's safety. it's an industrial chemical first of all and it has been on record to show to kill a new born baby when the baby was fed it. another source this guy had was something on petreloeum products being used in africa or something as medicine, but it just stated that it was not fit for human consumption.

then there's some lady who lives in puerto rico or something that is touting it, some black lady, claiming turpentine is the best bet for killing candida. however, this lady lost her medical license and then fled the USA and is now doing doctor consultcies on the internet. it really seems sketchy to me.

can you share your sources on why it's safe? i think a lot of curezone type people think it's safe because it's been used in the 1800s or something, but I don't really see how if something was used in the 1800s, how does that make it safe. everything else i've read study wise has said it is dangerous.

Hello Brave & Courageous Peata...I think the Pepto is safe and a good adjunct to the turpentine based on the fact that it breaks up biofilms. It may take a couple weeks to see the effects of turpentine, at least that was my experience. A Mass Exodus at the 10 day mark and sometime after the two week mark I knew I was cured. I did the two higher dose flushes just to be certain....I'm not saying you should do what I did, just that I felt it was necessary for me.

I've spent the last two months eating crazy amounts of "forbidden" food trying to get my guts to bloat or have diarrhea and I have not been able to do so. I've experienced many other health improvements with the turpentine, but I'm reserving my comments for now. I'd like to see if there are any other brave souls who might experience the same.

how can you justify taking turpentine and it being safe?

Hi mayweaterking....I'm not sure who you're addressing here? Me, for taking and suggesting turpentine? Or Peata?

So I'll just speak for myself here: I don't have to justify anything....You have NO idea what my personal context or health history is. My family and I have received tremendous health benefits from turpentine. Period.

OP
Peata

Peata

how can you justify taking turpentine and it being safe? i did extensive research into turpentine a few years ago and found this guy on youtube prolaciming it's amazing benefits. however, after investigating his cited sources, he really had no scientific information backing it's safety. it's an industrial chemical first of all and it has been on record to show to kill a new born baby when the baby was fed it. another source this guy had was something on petreloeum products being used in africa or something as medicine, but it just stated that it was not fit for human consumption.

then there's some lady who lives in puerto rico or something that is touting it, some black lady, claiming turpentine is the best bet for killing candida. however, this lady lost her medical license and then fled the USA and is now doing doctor consultcies on the internet. it really seems sketchy to me.

can you share your sources on why it's safe? i think a lot of curezone type people think it's safe because it's been used in the 1800s or something, but I don't really see how if something was used in the 1800s, how does that make it safe. everything else i've read study wise has said it is dangerous.

Well, they tap the pine trees, extract the gum and distill the turpentine, so it's not that unthinkable to use it medicinally, since people use other essential oils in healing. But I didn't just get a can from the hardware store. I bought a 100% gum spirits of turpentine product made in USA. Many things will kill if given in high enough doses. No, not everything used in the past is going to be safe the way a lot of people today think more is better. But I also think they knew what they were doing when they used them. My Grandma told me last night that my great-grandfather used turpentine on sugar for some digestive problems. He also drank epsom salts and had other remedies. Anyway, definitely don't use it if you don't want to. I just made my own decision to try it.

leo

Mayweatherking: I cannot even fathom why anyone with a brain would feed a newborn turpentine. So to me this is not a case against turpentine, but a case for stupidity.

The "black lady" (do not understand why you thought her color was relevant) touting it does not live in Puerto Rico but in Panama and she has a medical degree from Harvard and a business degree from Wharton. Not too sketchy. She left, not fled, the US because they (the medical industry suits) were hounding her to push more pharmaceuticals on her patients and decided that was not the life she wanted to live.
In Panama, in order to practice medicine, you must become a Panamanian citizen. Maybe this is why she has decided to not 'practice' and just publish articles and help people online….very similar to Peat if you think about it.

Peata and TBP: I applaud your experimentations. I left this forum years ago, but do come back occasionally and yours are the posts I immediately look for and read and catch up on what is working and what is not. You humbly and with humor offer what you have learned in a way that others can learn too. You provide a fresh balance to the testosterone laden rants of the males on this forum (not all, but enough to be off putting)

I have ordered the turpentine too and will be sure to let you know how I fare. TBP may I ask…did you eat acid or alkaline after your first dosage? Is there a need to watch what we eat or just continue Peat style. thnx.

Keep up the good work girls!

Hi leo!!!

Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm utterly thrilled to know that you actually got the facts straight regarding the "black lady" *rolls eyes* LOL, too funny....

At any rate, Dr. Daniels is quite bright. I don't necessarily agree with every single thing she says (I do what I think and perceive to be right for me), regardless, there is so much where she is absolutely spot on that I felt compelled to try the turpentine. It resonated with me (pun intended)....and I'm SO GLAD it did!!!

I must apologize in advance, I don't recall what, if any, areas of health that you were/are struggling with...are they digestive in nature? Please share if you feel like it.

I didn't initially change anything about my diet (very Peatish) when I started the turpentine, but I will say that I experienced an immediate and profound change in appetite. It was sudden and unexpected.

On a general level I began craving acidic foods. I made a lot of fresh squeezed lemonade, drank tons of diluted apple cider vinegar. I also craved apples by the bushel, not sure why....and organic apple juice too, gallons of it. It was weird cuz I don't really even like apple juice. That phase lasted about a month or so, I no longer have the intense cravings for Apple Everything, but I still enjoy my fresh squeezed honey lemonade and one apple most days.

Incidentally, I don't much care for alkaline water. I drink distilled water, but that was something I was doing prior to finding Dr. Daniels/turpentine.

One notable side effect was that I have completely lost my taste for meat. I have NO idea why cuz I've always been a major carnivore. A couple weeks into the turpentine protocol I made a lamb roast that I already had on hand, but I couldn't bring myself to eat any of it. I make the BEST lamb roast EVER....and yet, zero interest in eating it.o_O

Here we are three months later, I have a freezer full of grass fed steaks etc. and I cannot bring myself to cook any of it. I have no idea if this will change over time or what??? Never been down this path before. So, instead I've been eating TONS of gelatin, cheese, cottage cheese and raw milk in order to get my protein....and potatoes too. I've gone through probably 75 pounds of potatoes, never ever eaten so many potatoes in my whole life....been craving them like crazy. Oh, and eggs too...been eating eggs almost every day. I've had scallops once, bacon once and oysters twice.....SO strange.

The other thing I've been craving is fiber....this is a massive difference for me because I used to not be able to tolerate much fiber at all. I've gone from eating under ten grams of fiber per day to over 30 grams, some days even more. This has to be a gut flora issue, I have no other explanation.

These are bizarre changes for sure and they may not last, who knows?

My best advice would be to follow your cravings, ask your body what it wants and needs and eat accordingly.....AND DON'T GET CONSTIPATED. Whatever you do, keep the bowels moving, otherwise you might get headaches etc.

I'm so excited for more feedback, leo!!! :woo

Mayweatherking: I cannot even fathom why anyone with a brain would feed a newborn turpentine. So to me this is not a case against turpentine, but a case for stupidity.

The "black lady" (do not understand why you thought her color was relevant) touting it does not live in Puerto Rico but in Panama and she has a medical degree from Harvard and a business degree from Wharton. Not too sketchy. She left, not fled, the US because they (the medical industry suits) were hounding her to push more pharmaceuticals on her patients and decided that was not the life she wanted to live.
In Panama, in order to practice medicine, you must become a Panamanian citizen. Maybe this is why she has decided to not 'practice' and just publish articles and help people online….very similar to Peat if you think about it.

Peata and TBP: I applaud your experimentations. I left this forum years ago, but do come back occasionally and yours are the posts I immediately look for and read and catch up on what is working and what is not. You humbly and with humor offer what you have learned in a way that others can learn too. You provide a fresh balance to the testosterone laden rants of the males on this forum (not all, but enough to be off putting)

I have ordered the turpentine too and will be sure to let you know how I fare. TBP may I ask…did you eat acid or alkaline after your first dosage? Is there a need to watch what we eat or just continue Peat style. thnx.

Keep up the good work girls!

Daniels’ medical advice is probably pretty sound, too, seeing as she admits on her very own website that her medical license was revoked and she was placed on the “do not employ” list for physicians in the US, all because “Drug companies, hospitals, insurance companies, and the government were unhappy with Dr. Daniels.” They tend to take a dim view of advising patients to drink varnish.

Read more at The Snake Oil Bulletin: Turpentine Smoothies For Everybody!

I'm not trying to start a debate here, I'm trying to see legitimate proof of it's safety. Like I said, I went down this route a few years ago and couldn't agree with what she was talking about. You are using pure gum spirits, okay, it is still used as paint thinner. You know there are poisons in nature too, just because it is from a tree doesn't mean it is safe to ingest.

There's absolutely nothing scientific on the internet at all talking about how turpentine is safe to ingest because I researched this and I can't find anything. So if you guys have anything you should post it please !! Ray peat uses actually science and backed studies, there is none here whatsoever showing how it kills fungus. You guys are playing with fire.

Hi sorry guys, just wanted to say I didn't mean to offend anyone by saying the black lady in puerto rico. honestly haven't looked into this for a few years so forgot the name. I just wanted to say I want to see evidence of it's safety for your own safety as well. I have candida problems myself and I'd be all over this if i Felt it was safe. Trust me.. I have huge problems, you can read my threads I am freaking out daily, but just want to get to the bottom of it. Cheers.

Here's a review, did you read all 12 pages???

The essential oil of turpentine and its major volatile fraction (α- and β-pinenes): A review

The conclusion (just before all the citations):

The essential oil of turpentine and its two major volatile
compounds are natural products, which pose no hazard
when used in small quantities. They have a number of
properties that are beneficial to human health and well being and
may be used in the pharmaceutical and cosmetic
industries
. The major characteristics of these compounds
are summarized in Figure 3.
IN VIVO
EVOLUTION OF α-PINENES
The
in vivo
oxygenated derivatives of terpenes are ter
-
pineols, which have been used for centuries in the tradi
-
tional medicine and perfumery. Currently, there are more
than
000 terpineols known for their biological proper
-
ties such as antioxidative activity, influence on immune
functions, and anticancer potential [94].
Scientific studies, especially those of the Scandinavian
researchers, made it possible to identify the absorption
pathways of these monoterpenes in the body. As re
-
ported by Falk
et al. [95], approximately
60% of the
inhaled α-pinenes are eliminated in blood and show
a high affinity with fat tissue. They are also elimi
-
nated through the lungs (8%) and to a
lesser degree
(0.001%) through the kidneys
[96]. Filipsson
[97], in
his report on a
two-hour inhalation of turpentine so
-
lution at the rate of
450 mg/m
demonstrated that
α-pinenes are eliminated in exhaled air (3% to
5%)
and that their half-life (clearance) in blood is approxi
-
mately
hours. The remaining part is metabolized by
hydration and hydroxylation (this degradation is uni
-
versal, from bacteria to mammals). These reactions
take place at the hepatic cells level, and especially at
the P
cytochrome level
[98]. The metabolites are ex
-
creted in urine [19,20,96,97].
Also known is the transformation of α-pinenes into li
-
monene, myrtenol, oxidized α-pinene and pinocarveol
(List of All UM-BBD Biotransformation Rules, Min
-
nesota University, USA). The process is widespread in
the entire world, starting from fungus to vegetal cells
or bacteria. In mammals, the most common chemical
evolution of α-pinenes is their hydroxylation to ver
-
benol (C10H16O), and, also to myrtenol and myrtenic
acid [98,99] (Fig. 1).
Fig. 1.
Alpha-pinene evolution in mammals [98].
Fig. 2.
Beta-pinene evolution in mammals [98].

Last edited:
Hi sorry guys, just wanted to say I didn't mean to offend anyone by saying the black lady in puerto rico. honestly haven't looked into this for a few years so forgot the name. I just wanted to say I want to see evidence of it's safety for your own safety as well. I have candida problems myself and I'd be all over this if i Felt it was safe. Trust me.. I have huge problems, you can read my threads I am freaking out daily, but just want to get to the bottom of it. Cheers.

No worries mayweatherking...I haven't read your threads, do you have digestive issues? I reposted some info from a few pages back, have you had a chance to read?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals