Oxidal - Liquid Redox Modulator

tara

Fetch said:
post 108617 I was mostly interested in a possible mechanism I am unaware of.
I wonder whether you increased your demand for magnesium by increasing metabolic rate? Or maybe some other nutrient?

Last edited by a moderator:

Fetch

Tara it could be but I am a pretty big and varied eater plus I supplement some things like fat soluble, b-vitmins, and magnesium. for magnesium I drink about 1 - 1.5 cups day with water, juice, and soda water plus I sometimes take 240mg magnesium glycinate at night plus whatever I get from food. From your experience does that seem reasonable?

michael94

1. Does methylene blue stand in well for aspirin?

Taking some drops would be very convenient and has got my interest, only thing is I take 400-600 mg caffeine a day currently from coffee and thats around the amount in one drop.

2. How long should I expect to have a dose affecting my system, not familiar with the half life of MB. I read ~6 hours somewhere but also 30 hours in the brain? Some clarification would be appreciated.

3. Do you have a recommendation on how much I should take and when based on me currently drinking 400-600mg worth of caffeine throughout the day?

Thanks haidut/others

Fetch

The caffeine content of oxidal is 400mcg not mg so it's not something I would be to worried about personally.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
icecreamlover said:
post 108658 1. Does methylene blue stand in well for aspirin?

Taking some drops would be very convenient and has got my interest, only thing is I take 400-600 mg caffeine a day currently from coffee and thats around the amount in one drop.

2. How long should I expect to have a dose affecting my system, not familiar with the half life of MB. I read ~6 hours somewhere but also 30 hours in the brain? Some clarification would be appreciated.

3. Do you have a recommendation on how much I should take and when based on me currently drinking 400-600mg worth of caffeine throughout the day?

Thanks haidut/others

Ray thinks the optimal effects are from about 1mg - 2mg daily. The caffeine you take will probably not have any harmful interaction other than potentially raising blood pressure more than either one would do on their own.
As you mentioned, the half-life of MB is about 6 hours in plasma and 30+ hours in tissues like brain and liver. So, it can build up over time. More reasons to use a lower dose unless you are trying to mimic the studies using 15mg daily for severe depression or 60mg daily for advanced Alzheimers.

michael94

haidut said:
post 108673

Ray thinks the optimal effects are from about 1mg - 2mg daily. The caffeine you take will probably not have any harmful interaction other than potentially raising blood pressure more than either one would do on their own.
As you mentioned, the half-life of MB is about 6 hours in plasma and 30+ hours in tissues like brain and liver. So, it can build up over time. More reasons to use a lower dose unless you are trying to mimic the studies using 15mg daily for severe depression or 60mg daily for advanced Alzheimers.

Much appreciated

Fetch said:
post 108663 The caffeine content of oxidal is 400mcg not mg so it's not something I would be to worried about personally.

O wow I read the label too fast...thank you

DaveFoster

Hmm, so if I got a big bag of benzoic acid and took a yellow micro-scoop full (around 3 mg), would I die? If I didn't die, would I cut bodyfat?

Time to find out.

If my stochiometry is correct, a very liberal approximation of a yellow micro-scoop as 8 mg would yield a concentration of 1 µM (10 x 10^-6 mol/L), which would be approximate to the blood concentration achieved by a DNP dose of 11 mg, but this last point is irrelevant as their effectiveness varies greatly. By the looks of the graph, 8 mg of benzoic acid, the uncoupling range of which remains fairly constant and actually decreases with an increasing molar concentration, would uncouple at an effect equivalent to a 20-80 mg dose of DNP assuming a linear continuation of the graph. So big whoop.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
DaveFoster said:
post 115562 Hmm, so if I got a big bag of benzoic acid and took a yellow micro-scoop full (around 3 mg), would I die? If I didn't die, would I cut bodyfat?

Time to find out.

If my stochiometry is correct, a very liberal approximation of a yellow micro-scoop as 8 mg would yield a concentration of 1 µM (10 x 10^-6 mol/L), which would be approximate to the blood concentration achieved by a DNP dose of 11 mg, but this last point is irrelevant as their effectiveness varies greatly. By the looks of the graph, 8 mg of benzoic acid, the uncoupling range of which remains fairly constant and actually decreases with an increasing molar concentration, would uncouple at an effect equivalent to a 20-80 mg dose of DNP assuming a linear continuation of the graph. So big whoop.

I kind of already tried this:): Taking 15-20 drops of Oxidal (6mg - 8mg benzoic acid) makes me sweat like a race horse, while taking the same amount of pure MB does not. I am pretty sure it is due to the benzoic acid and not the caffeine, even though the caffeine makes benzoic acid enter the cell even more efficiently so it probably adds to its uncoupling effects.

DaveFoster

haidut said:
I kind of already tried this:): Taking 15-20 drops of Oxidal (6mg - 8mg benzoic acid) makes me sweat like a race horse, while taking the same amount of pure MB does not. I am pretty sure it is due to the benzoic acid and not the caffeine, even though the caffeine makes benzoic acid enter the cell even more efficiently so it probably adds to its uncoupling effects.
Very cool. I experienced the same thing with milligram doses of MB. I'll try this for myself and report back.

thruline

ilovethesea said:
post 80244
haidut said:
Dan Wich said:
You come up with cool supplements faster than I can take them.

It sounds like benzoic acid might actually help the body synthesize salicylic acid too:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2800778/ (stolen from this thread)

Thanks!
They are actually almost the same substance:): Some salycilates metabolize into benzoic acid and maybe this is the reason even 80mg of aspirin daily is enough for cancer prevention.

I have aspirin allergy that I haven't been able to overcome yet. Just 1 asprin gives me runny nose and sneezing for hours. Do you think that would mean I would be allergic to the benzoic acid also?

I had a similar concern based on my experience with aspirin...

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
thruline said:
post 117620
ilovethesea said:
post 80244
haidut said:
Dan Wich said:
You come up with cool supplements faster than I can take them.

It sounds like benzoic acid might actually help the body synthesize salicylic acid too:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2800778/ (stolen from this thread)

Thanks!
They are actually almost the same substance:): Some salycilates metabolize into benzoic acid and maybe this is the reason even 80mg of aspirin daily is enough for cancer prevention.

I have aspirin allergy that I haven't been able to overcome yet. Just 1 asprin gives me runny nose and sneezing for hours. Do you think that would mean I would be allergic to the benzoic acid also?

I had a similar concern based on my experience with aspirin...

It is possible, but again, allergies are usually a symptom of hypothyroidism so correcting that as much as possible should remove the "aspirin" allergy.

johnwester130

How does this taste ?

And does it raise body temperature ? I noticed Solban did raise body temperature topically. I assume this will too.

Agent207

I ordered another bottle and now having a look to the empty one before throwing it I realized theres a number 7 at the bottom of the bottle on the plastic. I understand this number doesn't refer to the type of plastic, theres no inside the typcal circle symbol.

Agent207

The new one which arrived today has a 6 number, so I see its nothing related to the kind of plastic :)

tara

Why not milk? I have googled MB and milk, and never seen this mentioned before?

I'm just picturing a beautiful milk pudding.

Next someone's going to say I shouldn't use it to colour cake icing. :)

BobbyDukes

I'm just picturing a beautiful milk pudding.

Next someone's going to say I shouldn't use it to colour cake icing. :)

Very inventive. That puts a new twist on how to use it. Maybe leave out the energin with this lovely cake (one ingredient too far)

ziton

Haidut, when I use Oxidal, the stain stays on the skin (applied on the foot or chest) for a couple of days even after a shower before disappearing. In one of your posts, you mentioned "The faster MB absorbs and disappears from your skin the "sicker" and hypoxic the local tissue is." But I have quite dry skin. Should it not have disappeared faster? Or is there no relation between the two conditions? TIA

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals