Oxidal - Liquid Redox Modulator

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
can you put this in a 60ml bottle ?

Can I put it, or can it be put by the person who buys it? Yes to both, but we don't have a reason to put in a 60ml bottle given that it makes shipping more expensive and an Oxidal bottle at 2 drops per day usage lasts for months. But you can open it and pour into whatever bottle you like.

Manoko

Haidut, do you recommend cycling the product ?
Can one build a resistance to caffeine methylene blue and/or benzoic acid ?

And lastly, would it be better to take it internally or topically, to maximize absorption ?
Maybe one would make the product get to the bloodstream more gradually and thus have a longer lasting effet ?

Thanks. :)

PS: How many drops daily have people reported good results on ?
I read about your advice to start at one drop, but I'm just curious on the average dose you guys end up at.

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Haidut, do you recommend cycling the product ?
Can one build a resistance to caffeine methylene blue and/or benzoic acid ?

And lastly, would it be better to take it internally or topically, to maximize absorption ?
Maybe one would make the product get to the bloodstream more gradually and thus have a longer lasting effet ?

Thanks. :)

PS: How many drops daily have people reported good results on ?
I read about your advice to start at one drop, but I'm just curious on the average dose you guys end up at.

I don't think there is "tolerance" for methylene blue. There may be for caffeine, but not in the doses used in Oxidal. The caffeine in Oxidal is there for a different reason. I think the Peta recommendation of optimal effects from MB in the sub- 1mg daily doses still stands. The recent study with progeria (premature aging) also found this to be the optimal dose but some people with depression or viral condition report better effects from 10 - 20 drops Oxidal daily.

Manoko

I don't think there is "tolerance" for methylene blue. There may be for caffeine, but not in the doses used in Oxidal. The caffeine in Oxidal is there for a different reason. I think the Peta recommendation of optimal effects from MB in the sub- 1mg daily doses still stands. The recent study with progeria (premature aging) also found this to be the optimal dose but some people with depression or viral condition report better effects from 10 - 20 drops Oxidal daily.

I see, thanks a lot ! :)
Any chance you might be able to reply to my post in the MitoLipin thread too ?

Then I'll be all set to start experimenting well with both of them, I'm excited !

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I see, thanks a lot ! :)
Any chance you might be able to reply to my post in the MitoLipin thread too ?

Then I'll be all set to start experimenting well with both of them, I'm excited !

Thanks, I just did.

heartnhands

If anything, it should work synergistically with thyroid. The only precaution I can think of is that in some people MB raises blood pressure due to its MAO-A inhibiting properties, so you may want to watch out for that for the first few days.

Another Newby question. What does MAO-A mean? Also, I'm so wanting to maximize healing my huge vericosities, can you explain how the addition of Oxidal to topical progestene and TyroMax might work? Of course my own experimentation is what I count on and so I'm taking aspirin and Niacinamide to kept ffa.

Thanks for your imaginitive thoughts!

marteagal

Dear @haidut, I ordered Oxidal twice: in January and in March. I got the impression that Oxidal from the March batch is light-bluish/turquoise, whereas Oxidal from the January batch appeared deep blue (relying on my memory; no head-to-head comparison).
It seems very unlikely but did you change the formulation after January? Thanks in advance!

800mRepeats

Dear @haidut, I ordered Oxidal twice: in January and in March. I got the impression that Oxidal from the March batch is light-bluish/turquoise, whereas Oxidal from the January batch appeared deep blue (relying on my memory; no head-to-head comparison).
It seems very unlikely but did you change the formulation after January? Thanks in advance!

Interesting...
I ordered my first bottle in early October. It was very dark - 2 drops would deeply color the ounce of water I mixed it into.
I wound up with bluing of the whites of my eyes (2 drops, 2 times a day) and scar tissue from a couple of fresh wounds that still has a blue tinge.

My second bottle, ordered in mid-November and unopened until Feb/March of this year (as I'd grown wary) is much lighter. It barely tints the water and I'm no longer afraid of tinting myself (esp as I'm now only using 1 drop a day, sporadically).

I figured perhaps my first bottle had come from the dregs of a batch.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

As you probably know, methylene blue color depends on the availability of oxygen. So, if it lost its color it means it somehow got reduced. If exposed to normal oxygen environment it should change color back to deep navy blue. There is no possibility for the batch somehow getting diluted, all bottles are produced from the same tank and there is no sediment or portions of it that have less of the methylene blue dissolved into them.
In any event, we can send you a free replacement. Just send me a PM with the order details so I can find the address.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Interesting...
I ordered my first bottle in early October. It was very dark - 2 drops would deeply color the ounce of water I mixed it into.
I wound up with bluing of the whites of my eyes (2 drops, 2 times a day) and scar tissue from a couple of fresh wounds that still has a blue tinge.

My second bottle, ordered in mid-November and unopened until Feb/March of this year (as I'd grown wary) is much lighter. It barely tints the water and I'm no longer afraid of tinting myself (esp as I'm now only using 1 drop a day, sporadically).

I figured perhaps my first bottle had come from the dregs of a batch.

See my response to marteagal please. It is probably an oxidation/reduction issue. As far as I know, it is not possible to get a bottle of Oxidal with less methylene blue and thus lighter color. They are all produced from the same tank of dissolved liquid. If you want, we can send you a free replacement. Just send me a PM with the order details so I can look up the address.

marteagal

As you probably know, methylene blue color depends on the availability of oxygen. So, if it lost its color it means it somehow got reduced. If exposed to normal oxygen environment it should change color back to deep navy blue. There is no possibility for the batch somehow getting diluted, all bottles are produced from the same tank and there is no sediment or portions of it that have less of the methylene blue dissolved into them.
In any event, we can send you a free replacement. Just send me a PM with the order details so I can find the address.

Thank you very much for your replies and offering free replacement which is of course not necessary then, however, but thanks for this mark of politeness!
I am going to experiment with oxidizing the MB back. Given MB's role as a redox cycling agent, would this even be necessary? I guess, the more oxidized MB is in the first place, the better, but wouldn't even completely reduced MB, when ingested, still fulfill its role (maybe with a reduced degree of effectiveness)?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thank you very much for your replies and offering free replacement which is of course not necessary then, however, but thanks for this mark of politeness!
I am going to experiment with oxidizing the MB back. Given MB's role as a redox cycling agent, would this even be necessary? I guess, the more oxidized MB is in the first place, the better, but wouldn't even completely reduced MB, when ingested, still fulfill its role (maybe with a reduced degree of effectiveness)?

Yep, you are correct. CoQ10 has a very similar role and you can buy it in oxidized form (ubiquinone) or reduced form (ubiquinol) and either kind works as it can be interconverted as needed.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Thanks. The first study used a relative low dose, which would be 0.3mg/kg for a human. The second study used a much higher dose and it was IV. But since MB builds up, even low doses taken chronically can achieve these effects.

whodathunkit

Can anyone give a quick-n-dirty as to the ramifications of MB when going in the sun? I'm trying to read up on it but fogbrain is not my friend. :( I think I may be dumping PUFA and/or estrogen, in addition to the chronic, garden-variety brainfog problems experienced on a daily basis. Asking here because I've read this whole thread and the answer is not clear, at least not here.

Tara asked haidut:

Do yo mean more restricted red light would be more effective than wide spectrum sunlight?

But there was no answer. Think it got lost in some other chatter.

Anyway, I like to lay in the sun a bit every week for some color and also natural vitamin D. I only do it for about a half hour a couple times per week (one hour per week total), and this time of year I only do it for about a half hour per week total. Is this contraindicated when using MB?

Contemplating Oxidal for an experiment on lifting mood.

Also...avoid coffee and substances with tyramine at all times when taking MB? Or only at the same time? It's not entirely clear from the content of this thread. haidut indicated early in the thread that he avoided coffee and stuff like string cheese when taking MB, but then later said maybe it was only avoid when taking MB orally. A little clarification would be helpful.

Still reading other threads so if the answers to my own questions become clear I'll post back here. But if not, if anyone can answer in a quick fashion, that would be grand. Thanks! :)

acrylic

@haidut

I want to create an entry that lists out the high-tyramine foods that should be avoided when taking oxidal (especially in 10+mg doses). Can you add to the list below?

- Cheddar Cheese
- American Cheese
- Beer
- Dried meats (sausages, salami, etc.)
- Pickled foods (sauerkraut, etc.)
- Soy sauce, etc.
- Parmesan cheese

Also, coffee to be avoided for blood-pressure raising properties.

Anything else?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut

I want to create an entry that lists out the high-tyramine foods that should be avoided when taking oxidal (especially in 10+mg doses). Can you add to the list below?

- Cheddar Cheese
- American Cheese
- Beer
- Dried meats (sausages, salami, etc.)
- Pickled foods (sauerkraut, etc.)
- Soy sauce, etc.
- Parmesan cheese

Also, coffee to be avoided for blood-pressure raising properties.

Anything else?

I think some types of coffee and chocolate have it in decent amounts. Aged meats like aged beef steaks have it as well, and they also have few other blood pressure raising chemicals like putrecine and cadaverine. You can probably get a more extensive list by google for "high tyramine foods".

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals