2 grains of thyroid temps still low

mgrabs

How can this be if I’ve been on this dose for about 2 months and im starting to feel worse again? My 3pm temp is 97 degrees.

Can this possibly happen when taking too much thyroid?

OP
M

mgrabs

how many calories do you eat and what brand is the thyroid?
I have a synthetic prescription. So its 57/13 t4/t3. Which is levothyroxine + liothyronine. I eat around 3,000 cals a day. I get very tired after eating too.

aniciete

I have a synthetic prescription. So its 57/13 t4/t3. Which is levothyroxine + liothyronine. I eat around 3,000 cals a day. I get very tired after eating too.
Have you considered trying a different brand? I took cynoplus a couple of times and noticed nothing good but haiduts tyromix makes me feel great.

OP
M

mgrabs

Have you considered trying a different brand? I took cynoplus a couple of times and noticed nothing good but haiduts tyromix makes me feel great.
I wonder if i should do NP thyroid or armour. Im wondering if this is a sign of possibly TOO much thyroid at once. Maybe go back to a grain idk

Last edited:

EvanHinkle

You might consider some work on your liver. Peat has mentioned that many non-responders to thyroid meds tend to have poor liver function. Caffeine in high doses worked for me, (other people have used taurine, tudca, K2, swapping starch for fruit, (or vice versa) etc). Take a look at things you can do to increase glycogen storage if you think liver might be the issue.

go with more t3 and little to no t4 in the beggining
t4 can cause hypothyroidism if the liver doesn't function well
you can also try aspirin plus coffee works like thyroid

OP
M

mgrabs

You might consider some work on your liver. Peat has mentioned that many non-responders to thyroid meds tend to have poor liver function. Caffeine in high doses worked for me, (other people have used taurine, tudca, K2, swapping starch for fruit, (or vice versa) etc). Take a look at things you can do to increase glycogen storage if you think liver might be the issue.
Interesting. Is this maybe why i would get an adrenaline type of response when drinking coffee?

OP
M

mgrabs

go with more t3 and little to no t4 in the beggining
t4 can cause hypothyroidism if the liver doesn't function well
you can also try aspirin plus coffee works like thyroid
I will try that. Might drop it down to just a grain. I had an adrenaline response to coffee for a bit. Im about 2 weeks free of caffeine, can my liver be bad thats why that feeling comes? I used to
Alwayssss drink coffee and be fine

I will try that. Might drop it down to just a grain. I had an adrenaline response to coffee for a bit. Im about 2 weeks free of caffeine, can my liver be bad thats why that feeling comes? I used to
Alwayssss drink coffee and be fine
you are right stress response from coffee is due to poor glucose oxidation and liver function
i had issues with coffee years ago back then i was anxious and afraid of life
constantly peating solved this issue
now if i eat only protein and coffee i get warm instantly but i now its from cortisol because if i eat some jam after i get sedated
coffee and lots of sugar is a must

OP
M

mgrabs

you are right stress response from coffee is due to poor glucose oxidation and liver function
i had issues with coffee years ago back then i was anxious and afraid of life
constantly peating solved this issue
now if i eat only protein and coffee i get warm instantly but i now its from cortisol because if i eat some jam after i get sedated
coffee and lots of sugar is a must
So regardless of excess sugar consumption how can one handle coffee again?

Momma

@Peatful talks about this. If I can’t find the thread; I tagged them too.

youngsinatra

Interesting. I would think there would be other ways instead of a ton of sugar
What do you eat on a daily basis?

A good nutritional basis is a necessity.

„The Croissant Diet“ is an interesting dietary concept, developed by Brad Marshall, which really focuses on shifting the fat intake from PUFA/MUFA towards SFA to increase the metabolic rate and get the organism in a more oxidized (rather than reductive) state.

You can find more about this on his website or youtube channel. It‘s called „Fire In A Bottle“.

It‘s not a low fat diet (so it sure tastes good) and I think this dietary framework can really work well for people. I think it’s more sustainable than hyperfocusing on the food groups that worked for Ray, but don’t necessarily work for us too.

I don’t do well on milk, juice and sugar. I do better on starch, saturated fats and meats. Do whatever stabilizes your blood sugar and keeps your energy stable throughout the day.

peter88

What do you eat on a daily basis?

A good nutritional basis is a necessity.

„The Croissant Diet“ is an interesting dietary concept, developed by Brad Marshall, which really focuses on shifting the fat intake from PUFA/MUFA towards SFA to increase the metabolic rate and get the organism in a more oxidized (rather than reductive) state.

You can find more about this on his website or youtube channel. It‘s called „Fire In A Bottle“.

It‘s not a low fat diet (so it sure tastes good) and I think this dietary framework can really work well for people. I think it’s more sustainable than hyperfocusing on the food groups that worked for Ray, but don’t necessarily work for us too.

I don’t do well on milk, juice and sugar. I do better on starch, saturated fats and meats. Do whatever stabilizes your blood sugar and keeps your energy stable throughout the day.
Do you think potatoes are OK if well tolerated? I did more rice for a while but potatoes are extremely nutrient rich and help my bowel movements it seems.

youngsinatra

Do you think potatoes are OK if well tolerated? I did more rice for a while but potatoes are extremely nutrient rich and help my bowel movements it seems.
Yeah, sure! I‘d eat them without the skin and well-cooked.

peter88

Yeah, sure! I‘d eat them without the skin and well-cooked.
Appreciate it. Sometimes I’m not sure whether something is fine to eat around here because everybody focuses on the bad effects of certain foods instead of what they have to offer.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals