2 months on Dr Garrett Smith regime (flush niacin)- HAIR GOING GRAY!!!

Osukhan

i have read that alpha keto glutarate can be helpful for graying hair
ive used this product throughout this past year, as well as nicacin and have noticed i have LESS gray hair on the top of my head, but gray in my beard area is still there

DanDare

Forum Supporter
Considered maybe y'all are not actually toxic but are causing mineral imbalances.

I think it's both, i.e toxic and imbalanced. Hugely generalising : I don't think white rice beans and low fat beef is optional for example
A) white rice is strongly associated with beri beri , whole is not and people don't know how to cook whole as it takes far longer
B) beans if from cans can contain calcium chloride , which causes me problems and probably others ( and they don't realise it).
C) low fat can be extra trouble

mosaic01

I agree people who eat mostly white rice and low fat beef will run into problems.

I eat brown and white rice, sometimes bacon or pork but I aim to replace it with beans. I don't do low fat currently. But I also don't eat extra fat beyond the fat from meat.

Considered maybe y'all are not actually toxic but are causing mineral imbalances.

Who knows what people are doing, it's impossible to generalize.

Some people may not be aware that it's important to stay below certain doses when it comes to mineral supplementation. It's enough to take 10-15 mg zinc, 50-100 mcg molybdenum and 50-100 mcg selenium here and there. These minerals can quickly become toxic.

pondering

I also have more grey hairs as a result of low vitamin A. I never tried large doses of niacin however. Low vitamin A (deficiency) causes iron issues, which is part of the dopamine/tyrosine pathway needed for melanin. Also B1, B6, B3, B9, B2, B5 are part of that pathway too, so high dose Niacin (B3) could throw off the others, as has been mentioned.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Niacin moves copper powerfully and since we now know excess copper is what causes gray hair it would make sense that Niacin could temporarily cause gray hair. It also moves other metals and toxins out of the body on the quick which can cause other symptoms while this process is happening.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

I have noticed many worrying things from doing this kind of diet that I wouldn’t just attribute to detox
i just noticed in this "PART 3" clip that dr garrett was ALREADY looking so much better, and in this video hes still heavily criticising flush niacin, so his big improvement in health couldnt have come from the flush niacin, but must have come from the removal of vitamin a/retinol. what do you guys think...?

View: https://x.com/source_222/status/1779818209509527818

Andy316

I always got a strong histamine itch when taking Niacin and Niacinamide supplements. But rice enriched with niacin does not give that same reaction. Perhaps heating and discarding the cooked starch water removes excess niacin.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I always got a strong histamine itch
Dr. Garrett Smith does not think this is a histamine reaction. He thinks it toxins being moved and destroyed.

mosaic01

I always got a strong histamine itch when taking Niacin and Niacinamide supplements

Food does not give the same reaction because the dose is too low, and it's probably niacinamide anyway.

Are you sure this happens with niacinamide? You are probably just experiencing the usual niacin flush. It's still not entirely clear what causes the flush, prostaglandins are involved.

Aspirin blocks the flush mostly, according to the above wikipedia article, and also my experience, but the flush actually should not be blocked and is therapeutic.

TurboTime

Around 50mg zinc citrate every few days.
But I have completely stopped copper supplementation since starting on the Garrett approach also
A copper depleter and less copper intake. I think you might be on your way to solving this mystery on your own.

Hmmmm... Interesting theory...

we now know excess copper is what causes gray hair
Oh, really?

You didn't respond to my post here and it's relevant again in this thread

The quote from Ray's Generative Energy in that thread is actually from the chapter about restoring hair color. Ray restored color to his eyebrow hairs by lowering his iron intake, raising his copper intake, and applying solutions of copper, vitamin E and vitamin A to the skin around the hairs. I think the vitamin A lowers zinc and zinc lowers copper so the effect of vitamin A would be another net gain of copper. I would not advocate using vitamin A but instead using more copper. Ray also mentions an excess of molybdenum turning black sheep's wool white. I wouldn't recommend eliminating molybdenum, I would recommend just taking more copper. You should actually supplement more zinc and molybdenum and manganese, etc so you can take even more copper without being out of balance. Jason Hommel and his followers are the biggest example of this approach at the moment. Charlie, you should like Jason because he is also a big anti-vitamin A/Grant Genereux supporter.

Generative Energy Restoring the Wholeness of Life_0091.jpg Generative Energy Restoring the Wholeness of Life_0092.jpg Generative Energy Restoring the Wholeness of Life_0093.jpg Generative Energy Restoring the Wholeness of Life_0094.jpg

Peater

This guy is all about the copper and is grey. His thoughts on folate are interesting though. Another "vitamin" that has a supposed Goldilocks zone but with circular logic.

mattmm24

I dont want to scare monger but im nearly 40, never had an issue with hair going grey whatsoever- 10 years of peating and niacinamide that whole time. Started around 1g of flush niacin every few days, 2 months ago and my girlfriend has now found a lot of gray hairs for the first time ever this week whilst cutting my hair.

in one of the garrett smith telegram groups, some interesting comments of other people having similar observations:

View attachment 62273

View attachment 62274

anyone else had similar issues?

I dont want to scare monger but im nearly 40, never had an issue with hair going grey whatsoever- 10 years of peating and niacinamide that whole time. Started around 1g of flush niacin every few days, 2 months ago and my girlfriend has now found a lot of gray hairs for the first time ever this week whilst cutting my hair.

in one of the garrett smith telegram groups, some interesting comments of other people having similar observations:

View attachment 62273

View attachment 62274

anyone else had similar issues?
High dose niacin builds up in the liver

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals