Both "long" COVID-19 and CFS are likely caused by hypometabolism

RealNeat

Thank you for responding. I have definitely done the niacin, niacinamide, and zinc. I have not done melatonin. I will have to look into that.
The melatonin is supposed to counter the flush reaction of the niacin. The usual dose is 10-20mg melatonin to 500mg niacin. There should be no grogginess from the Melatonin and no flushing from the niacin that's the right ratio, a little different for everyone.

Here is one of the articles from Doris: COVID-19, Pneumonia & Inflammasomes - The Melatonin Connection - EvolutaMente.it

jay123

freyasam

Seven years of Peating and still have significant CFS/ME. Waking temp around 98.0 and pulse 78-80. Rises to 98.6 & 85 in the afternoon. Vitamin D 5000 units, 1.0 tablet cynomel and 0.75 tab cynoplus, aspirin. TSH was around <0.1 last I checked.

Gelatin, milk, cheese, meat, OJ, fruit, potatoes, shellfish, liver, kale broth. Sun and light; in a warm, sunny climate. Experimented with all the Peaty supplements.

Should be the picture of health. Instead I'm overweight and have crippling fatigue to where I can barely leave the house.

Dr. B

Sure, thyroid and/or progesterone as I mentioned in my post. Progesterone has direct anti-viral effects too. And if it is dissolved in tocopherols, it can probably outshine even the "blockbuster" treatments like remdesivir.
hey mate, how come you werent on dannys podcast last friday, what happened!

regarding T3, it seemed to increase cortisol and burn up muscle tissue when I used it at the dosage of 32-48mcg per day, split into a small dose every couple hours...
I would also mention a progesterone + DHEA combo (e.g. CortiNon), which seems to be (based on report of people using it) more pro-metabolic than steroid on its own. Aspirin, methylene blue, and vitamins D/K are also great metabolic boosters and they synergize with the steroids.
@DonLore

some of those things like methylene blue/vitamin k2 can apparently stress the glutathione system and increase hydrogen peroxide. i think if using those youd need to use glutathione boosters alongside them... i cant say what amounts or which kind of glutathione boosters.

Dr. B

RealNeat

doesnt Peat not like melatonin at all, recommends against it?
I think it's safe to say he doesn't like supplements period, some he sees as based on reductionist mentality (of the manufacturers intent of use, like antioxidants) and he also perceives it (melatonin) to be somewhat of a adaptive stress hormone.

However, melatonin is not really a stress hormone, if, one respects their drowsiness caused by melatonin and goes to sleep. In that respect it is beneficial and not stress inducing. Also worth noting is the severe lack of melatonin in most people's lives due to technological addiction, which IMO is even worse than the negatives attributed to melatonin.

so coming back to the point, Dr. Peat has mentioned that melatonin is anti inflammatory and that physiological doses around 1mg are no problem given the supp is pure. (Someone might know where he exactly said this, I think ORN)

but even beyond these two points, the niacin in this supplement regimen is meant to counter the drowsiness of the melatonin so that as I mentioned before the melatonin doesn't induce sleep and the niacin doesn't flush. This then acts as a antioxidant and anti inflammatory without the "side effects"

ps I haven't tried it nor do I know of anyone who has, the protocol came from investigating on the internet and reading testimonials and the work of the guy who claims credit for it. Link above.

Dr. B

I think it's safe to say he doesn't like supplements period, some he sees as based on reductionist mentality (of the manufacturers intent of use, like antioxidants) and he also perceives it (melatonin) to be somewhat of a adaptive stress hormone.

However, melatonin is not really a stress hormone, if, one respects their drowsiness caused by melatonin and goes to sleep. In that respect it is beneficial and not stress inducing. Also worth noting is the severe lack of melatonin in most people's lives due to technological addiction, which IMO is even worse than the negatives attributed to melatonin.

so coming back to the point, Dr. Peat has mentioned that melatonin is anti inflammatory and that physiological doses around 1mg are no problem given the supp is pure. (Someone might know where he exactly said this, I think ORN)

but even beyond these two points, the niacin in this supplement regimen is meant to counter the drowsiness of the melatonin so that as I mentioned before the melatonin doesn't induce sleep and the niacin doesn't flush. This then acts as a antioxidant and anti inflammatory without the "side effects"

ps I haven't tried it nor do I know of anyone who has, the protocol came from investigating on the internet and reading testimonials and the work of the guy who claims credit for it. Link above.
I am sure even just today I read a quote or newsletter from Peat, posted here or maybe on a twitter page where Peat had lots of bad things to say about melatonin, not just as a supplement but even via the bodies internal production, it seemed like he was saying progesterone is enough for going to sleep etc and melatonin increased estrogen...
is it blue light that reduces melatonin? ive heard its fluoride too, due to it calcifying the pineal gland, which then messes with melatonin production.

niacin is pro wakefulness? I thought it also causes drowsiness.

RealNeat

I am sure even just today I read a quote or newsletter from Peat, posted here or maybe on a twitter page where Peat had lots of bad things to say about melatonin, not just as a supplement but even via the bodies internal production, it seemed like he was saying progesterone is enough for going to sleep etc and melatonin increased estrogen...
is it blue light that reduces melatonin? ive heard its fluoride too, due to it calcifying the pineal gland, which then messes with melatonin production.

niacin is pro wakefulness? I thought it also causes drowsiness.
Much to say about melatonin, you decide, one of many threads on it.

Sefton10

Lollipop2

Peatogenic

Seven years of Peating and still have significant CFS/ME. Waking temp around 98.0 and pulse 78-80. Rises to 98.6 & 85 in the afternoon. Vitamin D 5000 units, 1.0 tablet cynomel and 0.75 tab cynoplus, aspirin. TSH was around <0.1 last I checked.

Gelatin, milk, cheese, meat, OJ, fruit, potatoes, shellfish, liver, kale broth. Sun and light; in a warm, sunny climate. Experimented with all the Peaty supplements.

Should be the picture of health. Instead I'm overweight and have crippling fatigue to where I can barely leave the house.

I worked with Josh and Jeanne Rubin in 2014 (who were initially inspired by Peat) and got better fast. I know they highly recommend against Vit D supplementation. I can't help but think that if you've done the same thing for seven years, there's something wrong in the approach.

Dr. B

I worked with Josh and Jeanne Rubin in 2014 (who were initially inspired by Peat) and got better fast. I know they highly recommend against Vit D supplementation. I can't help but think that if you've done the same thing for seven years, there's something wrong in the approach.
i dont think its possible to get organic fish products, so the shellfish may be very risky, even if it supposedly high quality.
potatoes and the rest of the stuff, needs to be all organic.
tap water, vaccines, fluoride, xrays, would need to be avoided...
aspirin can be removed, and replaced with vitamin E every week or so to counter any pufas ingested... I dont know if its necessary
T3 seemed to raise cortisol for me, it had cortisol like effects, may be better to replace pharmaceutical thyroid with natural desicated thyroid...

what did those Rubins have you do exactly mate why do they advise against vitamin d Peat seems to love it

DonLore

i dont think its possible to get organic fish products, so the shellfish may be very risky, even if it supposedly high quality.
potatoes and the rest of the stuff, needs to be all organic.
tap water, vaccines, fluoride, xrays, would need to be avoided...
aspirin can be removed, and replaced with vitamin E every week or so to counter any pufas ingested... I dont know if its necessary
T3 seemed to raise cortisol for me, it had cortisol like effects, may be better to replace pharmaceutical thyroid with natural desicated thyroid...

what did those Rubins have you do exactly mate why do they advise against vitamin d Peat seems to love it
I think easiest and safest way to supplement D is sun and/or UVb lamp or tanning bed in winter. You get the actual vitamin D, in right form, not too much, not too little +other benefits of UVB

Dr. B

I think easiest and safest way to supplement D is sun and/or UVb lamp or tanning bed in winter. You get the actual vitamin D, in right form, not too much, not too little +other benefits of UVB
even if you dont, wont the skin get progressively lighter to allow you to more easily create vitamin d, without needing as much sunlight/uvb?

Hugh Johnson

I may have had covid. Had a flu for 4-5 days, mild but it did cause a headache and made sleeping difficult. There were four of us who went out and we all caught the cold, and it was similar.

I've been feeling off, with mild headache and general malaise. I noticed that my body temp was around 36,5 C and now that I am resetting it I again feel good. We'll see, I should be able to reset it so it stays up by the weekend.

Anyway just a personal confirmation of there being potential hypometabolism after covid

jay123

Just a question about the vitamin D. You said they were against it. What was the rationale for that? Interested.

Peatogenic

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210916-064720.png
    Screenshot_20210916-064720.png
    347.2 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot_20210916-064806.png
    Screenshot_20210916-064806.png
    360 KB · Views: 71
  • Screenshot_20210916-064938.png
    Screenshot_20210916-064938.png
    149.3 KB · Views: 73

jay123

Thank you! Oh. So fat soluble D can lead to other things if you are already compromised. It appears from this that increase in fat soluble D would deplete magnesium and if you are already functioning in a low metabolic state you more than likely have low magnesium and possibly low vitamin A. Correct?

Peatogenic

Thank you! Oh. So fat soluble D can lead to other things if you are already compromised. It appears from this that increase in fat soluble D would deplete magnesium and if you are already functioning in a low metabolic state you more than likely have low magnesium and possibly low vitamin A. Correct?

Also crashing renal potassium and increasing iron binding in tissues. If something is going to be targeted to regulate Vitamin D, safest seems potassium and magnesium. And obviously getting vitamin D in food and sun. Of note, they don't seem to call out any supplement like they call out vitamin D, though they are overall supplement-free in the treatment process.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210916-070924.png
    Screenshot_20210916-070924.png
    340.9 KB · Views: 34
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals