Caffeine Reverses Stress, Insulin Resistance, Hypertension

narouz

haidut said:
post 98986
narouz said:
post 98912
haidut said:
I used K2 and caffeine specifically for liver health. The other things you list are also beneficial but for liver health the most helpful would be the following, ranked in order of importance:

Caffeine, K2
Aspirin, glycine, MB
Taurine
Vitamin E
Theanine
Thiamine
BCAA
Pyridoxine
Biotin

Obviously, these can be used in tandem. Vitamin B1 is probably a good adjunct to caffeine as it helps control the lactate response some people get from it.

Great, haidut.
Thanks!

(With the BCAA in this liver therapy context...about how much per day roughly?)

I'd say 6g - 9g daily based on animal studies. But if you are doing a liver "protocol" the substances towards the top are much better than BCAA. Glycine and taurine are much more liver protective and regenerative than BCAA.

Thanks, haidut.
I was thinking maybe you had the BCAA on there
because adequate good proteins are healing/protective for the liver....

Last edited by a moderator:

Tarmander

narouz said:
post 99050
haidut said:
post 98986
narouz said:
post 98912
haidut said:
I used K2 and caffeine specifically for liver health. The other things you list are also beneficial but for liver health the most helpful would be the following, ranked in order of importance:

Caffeine, K2
Aspirin, glycine, MB
Taurine
Vitamin E
Theanine
Thiamine
BCAA
Pyridoxine
Biotin

Obviously, these can be used in tandem. Vitamin B1 is probably a good adjunct to caffeine as it helps control the lactate response some people get from it.

Great, haidut.
Thanks!

I'd say 6g - 9g daily based on animal studies. But if you are doing a liver "protocol" the substances towards the top are much better than BCAA. Glycine and taurine are much more liver protective and regenerative than BCAA.

Thanks, haidut.

At one point, haidut said that pregnenolone helped clear toxins in some way. There was a word used for it I can't remember. Would that put it on the liver detox list at all?

kaybb

I can't thank you enough for this information, Haidut.

I am hoping this is going to help me. I am following Peats diet/methods without success. And since I react to caffine and now also suspecting my NDT is causing symptoms, , I may need to concentrate on liver health.

My health issues: terrible body pain, chronic fatigue, migraines, sore throats after fruit/ ice cream or too much sugar, and awful tinnitus w/pressure in ears and temples.

Diagnoses -Hosimotos, fibro/chronic fatigue, migraine/vertigo,
I haven't been able to work for over 3 yrs.

Could poor liver function be the common denominator?
Could it cause these symptons?

I am going to try caffine, K2 and your other suggestions. Anyone have any thoughts or info to add?

kaybb

I also have insomnia. I use Lunesta or I don't fall asleep all night. So caffine ....hope it's my new best friend :ss2

jyb

kaybb said:
post 99087 I can't thank you enough for this information, Haidut.

I am hoping this is going to help me. I am following Peats diet/methods without success. And since I react to caffine and now also suspecting my NDT is causing symptoms, , I may need to concentrate on liver health.

My health issues: terrible body pain, chronic fatigue, migraines, sore throats after fruit/ ice cream or too much sugar, and awful tinnitus w/pressure in ears and temples.

I am going to try caffine, K2 and your other suggestions. Anyone have any thoughts or info to add?

A few years ago I got total insomnia (at some point I couldn't fall asleep, just collapsed like at 7am and for a couple hours only). I went through Lunesta and many drugs - the usual thing to do when you visit a medical doctor. I would suggest an open mind but also caution when experimenting with "supplements", whether caffeine, K2 or anything else. It's definitely worth an experiment, but it could also make things worse (yeah, even seemingly trivial things like vitamins) so it's good to treat it as it is: an experiment with outcomes that could be either positive or negative. In my case, experiments with diets is what eventually led me to near total remission from the insomnia and various other conditions. If you get chronic fatigue from your diet like you just said, then personally I would say it's probably because it's a totally miserable diet, not because you are lacking some supplements. I have found a few supplements useful for a bit of additional benefits, but there's only a couple I would want to use every day, gelatin for example. Since you have severe sleep problems, I should mention some supplements like cyproheptadine will knock you off to sleep (in the short term) and seem safe from a Peat perspective, so you may get less side effects compared to the average drug the medical doctor prescribes, but I do not expect permanent effects and I expect even better results from a good diet without cyproheptadine (even better sleep). I now only use cyproheptadine every few months for the occasional emergency.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
narouz said:
post 99050
haidut said:
post 98986
narouz said:
post 98912
haidut said:

Caffeine, K2
Aspirin, glycine, MB
Taurine
Vitamin E
Theanine
Thiamine
BCAA
Pyridoxine
Biotin

Great, haidut.
Thanks!

Thanks, haidut.

Actually, I had the BCAA there b/c there are studies showing direct hepatoprotective effects from the BCAA against toxic substances like ethanol and acetaminophen. Peat also said that the BCAA are probably protective, so yet another reason to consider them. But glycine and taurine are much more protective compared to BCAA.
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/gelatin.shtml
"...Even the amino acids in which the lipophilic carbon atoms extend out in a branched side-chain, valine, leucine, and isoleucine, have some of the antiseizure (inhibitory) action (Skeie, et al., 1992, 1994) of GABA and glycine. Tests done with one, or a few, of the relatively lipophilic (aliphatic) amino acids prevent seizures, while the “balanced” mixtures of amino acids permit seizures; unfortunately, results of this sort haven't led researchers to question the idea of “balance” that developed within the setting of agricultural research."

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Tarmander said:
post 99064
narouz said:
post 99050
haidut said:
post 98986
narouz said:
post 98912
haidut said:

Caffeine, K2
Aspirin, glycine, MB
Taurine
Vitamin E
Theanine
Thiamine
BCAA
Pyridoxine
Biotin

Great, haidut.
Thanks!

Thanks, haidut.

At one point, haidut said that pregnenolone helped clear toxins in some way. There was a word used for it I can't remember. Would that put it on the liver detox list at all?

The word is "catatoxic" and it is a word Hans Selye coined (I think). Pregnenolone activates the PXR receptor, which is a pathway of detoxing various xenobiotic substances. I think progesterone and DHEA do the same.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
kaybb said:

If you are using Lunesta, why not try something more benign like Benadryl or doxylamine? Both are used for OTC sleep remedies and both have benefits on top of the sleep they induce. Lunesta is too new of a drug to know its full side effect profile.
If you have been diagnosed with Hashimotos, the other two diagnoses are redundant IMO since Hashimotos can cause all the other symptoms you list.
I don't know if poor liver function can cause all of these issues but taking some caffeine will tell you where you stand on that. If taking 200mg caffeine with something sweet gives you a stress response then you need to work on your liver health. Keeping the intake of that 200mg caffeine for as little as 2 weeks should restore liver function considerably (unless there is actual damage like fibrosis, which caffeine can also reverse but in much higher doses).
Keep in mind that both caffeine and K2 can cause insomnia on their own, so I would take them at the beginning of the day.

Tarmander

haidut said:
post 99120
kaybb said:

If you are using Lunesta, why not try something more benign like Benadryl or doxylamine? Both are used for OTC sleep remedies and both have benefits on top of the sleep they induce. Lunesta is too new of a drug to know its full side effect profile.
If you have been diagnosed with Hashimotos, the other two diagnoses are redundant IMO since Hashimotos can cause all the other symptoms you list.
I don't know if poor liver function can cause all of these issues but taking some caffeine will tell you where you stand on that. If taking 200mg caffeine with something sweet gives you a stress response then you need to work on your liver health. Keeping the intake of that 200mg caffeine for as little as 2 weeks should restore liver function considerably (unless there is actual damage like fibrosis, which caffeine can also reverse but in much higher doses).
Keep in mind that both caffeine and K2 can cause insomnia on their own, so I would take them at the beginning of the day.

Haidut when you did k2 at 30mg and caffeine at 600-1000mg (?)...how on earth did you sleep?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Tarmander said:
post 99127
haidut said:
post 99120
kaybb said:

Haidut when you did k2 at 30mg and caffeine at 600-1000mg (?)...how on earth did you sleep?

I don't know...adaptation I guess. I still do 600mg caffeine several times a day and do not have a problem falling asleep.

kaybb

Thank you Haidut.
Yes, I want to stop lunestal! Whenever I tried benadryl (past years before Peat) it helped me sleep but I woke up in awful depression that lasted through the day. Maybe the caffine & K2 will alleviate this? Do you have a supplement to aid this side effect, or any other suggestion?
I have the benadryl, I will get doxylamine if it would be better for less depression....
Also from your answer I know to concentrate on the thyroid problem. This helps me so much.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
doxylamine is good stuff. I find a half pill enough, then if I wake up in the middle of the night I take the other half.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
kaybb said:
post 99133 Thank you Haidut.
Yes, I want to stop lunestal! Whenever I tried benadryl (past years before Peat) it helped me sleep but I woke up in awful depression that lasted through the day. Maybe the caffine & K2 will alleviate this? Do you have a supplement to aid this side effect, or any other suggestion?
I have the benadryl, I will get doxylamine if it would be better for less depression....
Also from your answer I know to concentrate on the thyroid problem. This helps me so much.

Caffeine can certainly help with feeling down for whatever reason. Magnesium, niacinamide and progesterone are other things that may help with sleep so you don't have to do drugs. But you can try doxylamine just in case. As Charlie said, even half a pill may be enough.

Peata

I like dimendydrinate for sleep and it doesn't give me a hangover like bendadryl or doxylamine succinate. It seems strange because dimenhydrinate breaks down into diphenhydramine (Benadryl) and a xanthine (like caffeine?) But it feels cleaner to me, more comfortable, less side effects and hangover, and it doesn't seem to last as long.

However, I have tried doxylamine succinate only the one night, so I should try it again and not take the full tablet like I did then. It was enough to weigh me down the whole next day until evening. Next time I try it, I'll take half like Charlie.

kaybb

Thank you everyone... Charlie, Peata, Haidut!

Great info. I am now looking for sources for this stuff.
Dimenhydrinate, doxylamine, niacinamide...etc.

I have tried many diets and supplements over the years. I do take mag and mag shots ...doctor prescribed, for body pain, migraine and sleep aid. I am glad for more options. And to stay on topic...caffine may be a key.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Peata said:
post 99147 Next time I try it, I'll take half like Charlie.
I am a big guy, I think maybe even a 1/4 pill might do it for some.

Oh, and caffeine rocks. :mrgreen:

Last edited:

kaybb

Ok..great to know, Charlie. I think I will start 1/4. And where do you get yours ?

Yes, love caffine :D one big problem. It gives me headaches/migraines. I still want to try it, maybe the K2 will help? Or is there something else to help keep headaches at bay?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I am using the Walmart brand "Equate" right now until I can find a better source. Basically its their generic version of "Unisom".

Gl;itch.e

kaybb said:
post 99153 Thank you everyone... Charlie, Peata, Haidut!

Great info. I am now looking for sources for this stuff.
Dimenhydrinate, doxylamine, niacinamide...etc.

I have tried many diets and supplements over the years. I do take mag and mag shots ...doctor prescribed, for body pain, migraine and sleep aid. I am glad for more options. And to stay on topic...caffine may be a key.
How much salt/sodium are you getting?

kaybb

I heavily salt a daily carrot salad, and some milk. Maybe I should be getting more ??

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals