Calcium and constipation

SamYo123

If one is getting constipated from too much calcium is that an indicator that the system already has enough and is rejecting it by causing constipation?

VonKeister

Both milk and calicum carbonate make me ***t more than normal. Calcium is "rejected" through increased co2 production so probably no

Vanset

Both milk and calicum carbonate make me ***t more than normal. Calcium is "rejected" through increased co2 production so probably no
Eggshell calcium increases my bowel movements, but seems my decrease my energy levels and libido, probably because it mixes with fats in the digestive tract and creates this sort of 'calcium soap/foam' complex and decreases cholesterol absorption and increases its excretion.

If one is getting constipated from too much calcium is that an indicator that the system already has enough and is rejecting it by causing constipation?
In my nearly years worth of experience of 2x/day calcium, Calcium Carbonate is quite constipating...Calcium Citrate actually helps to move things. I will probably never be able to stop taking calcium because of thyroid surgery making my parathyroids less effective. If I really want to take Calcium Carbonate, I mix it with orange juice where it turns into Calcium Citrate (and Ascorbate?) and it gives it a little bubbly (the carbonate coming out) Gotta keep things interesting.

VonKeister

Eggshell calcium increases my bowel movements, but seems my decrease my energy levels and libido, probably because it mixes with fats in the digestive tract and creates this sort of 'calcium soap/foam' complex and decreases cholesterol absorption and increases its excretion.
How much do you take per day?

I read somewhere that high calcium can block zinc absorption

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals