Stubborn Dehydration, High Blood Calcium, Low Phosphorus, Dry Mouth, Excessive Mucus

BearWithMe

What could be the reason for persistent dehydration, that doesn't respond to any dietary interventions?

I have very dry mouth, dry eyes, dry skin and constipation, but excessive mucus everywhere in the body. My blood tests consistently shows high blood calcium and low blood phosphorus, but everything else (sodium, potassium, chloride, magnesium, iron) is perfectly within the range.

My intake of salt, calcium, phosphorus, copper, boron, manganese and vitamin D doesn't seem to have any effect on the condition - have experimented with very low and very high intakes of these nutrients for very long, and my problems are slowly getting worse over time no matter the dietary interventions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Richiebogie

What is your typical day’s diet?

That might give some clues!

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

At the moment, my diet is based on plenty of milk, cheese and fruit (OJ), with some eggs, beef meat and occasional liver. My overall fluid intake is about 1,5-2 liter /quart a day.

I'm eating like that for about three years, have tried various different diets before with very little effect on my dehydration.

redsun

What could be the reason for persistent dehydration, that doesn't respond to any dietary interventions?

I have very dry mouth, dry eyes, dry skin and constipation, but excessive mucus everywhere in the body. My blood tests consistently shows high blood calcium and low blood phosphorus, but everything else (sodium, potassium, chloride, magnesium, iron) is perfectly within the range.

My intake of salt, calcium, phosphorus, copper, boron, manganese and vitamin D doesn't seem to have any effect on the condition - have experimented with very low and very high intakes of these nutrients for very long, and my problems are slowly getting worse over time no matter the dietary interventions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A symptom of hypercalcemia can be dehydration. So if you fix the hypercalcemia that may go away. I see you mention vitamin D, but you ever tried K2?

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

A symptom of hypercalcemia can be dehydration. So if you fix the hypercalcemia that may go away. I see you mention vitamin D, but you ever tried K2?
Was also thinking about that! I'm using two drops of Haidut's Kuinone every day, and while it gives me some amazing benefits, I think it actually makes the hypercalcemia worse.

lampofred

Dehydration is due to low cellular CO2. I would guess you are running too much on fat and not oxidizing enough glucose. CO2/vitamin K is also necessary to remove calcium from blood and put it into bones.

And RP wrote somewhere that excess TSH is responsible for excessive mucus. Are you eating enough salt relative to liquids and calcium? Salt will raise CO2, increase glucose use, and lower TSH. It will also raise phosphorous.

EDIT: just read you already tried salt with no luck. If increasing salt doesn't help then increasing vit A relative to vit D might. Vit A is similar to salt and vit D is similar to calcium in effects.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

Dehydration is due to low cellular CO2. I would guess you are running too much on fat and not oxidizing enough glucose. CO2/vitamin K is also necessary to remove calcium from blood and put it into bones.

And RP wrote somewhere that excess TSH is responsible for excessive mucus. Are you eating enough salt relative to liquids and calcium? Salt will raise CO2, increase glucose use, and lower TSH. It will also raise phosphorous.

EDIT: just read you already tried salt with no luck. If increasing salt doesn't help then increasing vit A relative to vit D might. Vit A is similar to salt and vit D is similar to calcium in effects.
This post really put things into perspective, thank you lampofred! I think my diet was deficient in vitamin A most of my life, until I started eating liver some time ago.

For some reason, eating salt is causing me intense nausea, and also actually makes the dehydration worse. There was a period when I forced myself to eat plenty of salt even though the stomach upset, but I haven't seen any possitive effects after a month or two so I gave up because it was unbearable. Now I'm eating minimal amounts of salt (1-3g a day). But I do have salt cravings.

EDIT: Just have checked my last lab results, and my TSH was actually borderline low :(

Last edited:
D

danishispsychic

my high serum calcium lowered by replacing high milk with high oj and wayyyyy less muscle meat. how is your potassium? i also dont drink water , just lemonade, coffee, oj. how is your estrogen level?

mangoes

Just have checked my last lab results, and my TSH was actually borderline low :(

cortisol can lower TSH too I think. Are you warm? hypothyroid symptoms? Also have you ever considered Sjogren’s?

lampofred

This post really put things into perspective, thank you lampofred! I think my diet was deficient in vitamin A most of my life, until I started eating liver some time ago.

For some reason, eating salt is causing me intense nausea, and also actually makes the dehydration worse. There was a period when I forced myself to eat plenty of salt even though the stomach upset, but I haven't seen any possitive effects after a month or two so I gave up because it was unbearable. Now I'm eating minimal amounts of salt (1-3g a day). But I do have salt cravings.

EDIT: Just have checked my last lab results, and my TSH was actually borderline low :(

Not to sound too convoluted but I think it's excess TSH relative to how much CO2 you're producing that matters. So if you're running on fat you can have low TSH on the range but still too much for your metabolism, since fat produces so little CO2 compared to glucose.

Have you tried getting the salt in the form of salty cheese? Maybe it's the heavy metals or iodine in ordinary table salt that's causing the nausea. But agree that you should give up on salt if your body isn't responding well to it.

Hopefully increasing vitamin A relative to vitamin D ends up having some benefit.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

my high serum calcium lowered by replacing high milk with high oj and wayyyyy less muscle meat. how is your potassium? i also dont drink water , just lemonade, coffee, oj. how is your estrogen level?
Yes, drinking water makes me feel much worse, agree 100%. Majority of my fluids comes from OJ and milk.

My family never eated any milk products and my overall calcium intake was very low all my childhood and adolescence, but I remember having the same exact hypercalcemia symptoms I have now. I think I'm still calcium deficient, maybie my body can't metabolize and absorb it properly, so it just floats in my bloodstream and deposits where it should not.

I never tested for estrogen, but it is on to-do list for my next bloodwork!

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

cortisol can lower TSH too I think. Are you warm? hypothyroid symptoms? Also have you ever considered Sjogren’s?
I'm male and I'm young, so I think Sjogren’s is not very likely, but I definitely have hypothyroid symptoms, including low body temps and pulse.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

Not to sound too convoluted but I think it's excess TSH relative to how much CO2 you're producing that matters. So if you're running on fat you can have low TSH on the range but still too much for your metabolism, since fat produces so little CO2 compared to glucose.

Have you tried getting the salt in the form of salty cheese? Maybe it's the heavy metals or iodine in ordinary table salt that's causing the nausea. But agree that you should give up on salt if your body isn't responding well to it.

Hopefully increasing vitamin A relative to vitamin D ends up having some benefit.
I suspect my metabolism is in its back-up state and runs on stress hormones for a long time, so this would make perfect sense.

I love cheese!! I love the taste and I love how easy it is on my digestion. At the moment, I'm getting about a third of my calories from cheese.

Have increased my liver intake and started supplementing with Haidut's Retinil today. Many thanks for your input, your posts are much appreciated!

mangoes

I'm male and I'm young, so I think Sjogren’s is not very likely, but I definitely have hypothyroid symptoms, including low body temps and pulse.

Well I mean I remember reading about a 7 year old boy who was diagnosed with it. So yeah it may be unlikely but no age or gender is exempt. I would address the possible hypothyroidism if I were you, but it’s something else to consider looking into/getting tested for still esp as you’ve mentioned it’s getting worse and nothing is helping

redsun

You can try taking some active B6 with a meal, as it raises histamine which plays a vital role increasing secretions such as tears, saliva (in my experience), etc. So if you get improvement in dry mouth and eyes from it that's a good sign. Also histidine + active B6 will work even better.

I used to have insane dry mouth all the time that started during Peating. Only after taking steps to raise histamine and prevent excessive breakdown both in the short term and the long term did the issue solve itself. That involved taking a lot of peat ideas out that I incorporated into my diet.

Richiebogie

At the moment, my diet is based on plenty of milk, cheese and fruit (OJ), with some eggs, beef meat and occasional liver. My overall fluid intake is about 1,5-2 liter /quart a day.

I'm eating like that for about three years, have tried various different diets before with very little effect on my dehydration.
Hi @JanP.

Your constipation may be caused by your diet. There is a lot of fat there and little fibre. Are you doing the carrot / parsnip salad? Are you eating any whole fruit or just OJ?

Maybe experiment with some whole fruit or potatoes!

I don’t do the carrot salad but I eat about 1kg of bananas a day to get fibre, vitamin b6 and magnesium. Potatoes have similar nutrients to bananas but require cooking.

I also might eat some berries and 150g beef for zinc, b12 and other nutrients.

I don’t eat much dairy. Hopefully a litre of OJ provides enough calcium for me!

RealNeat

I thought this would be an obvious question but what's your environment like? Humidity %? What kind of living? I work in an environment with open face cooling and it always leaves me parched.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

Well I mean I remember reading about a 7 year old boy who was diagnosed with it. So yeah it may be unlikely but no age or gender is exempt. I would address the possible hypothyroidism if I were you, but it’s something else to consider looking into/getting tested for still esp as you’ve mentioned it’s getting worse and nothing is helping
You are right, the symptoms are actually quite similar to my condition. I'm going to ask my doctor about this.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals