Calcium D-glucarate and iron?

June

Does anyone know if Calcium d-glucarate will decrease iron? I'm a female and the last time I took a high dose of Calcium D-glucarate in a desperate attempt to curb heavy menstrual bleeding, I noticed it thinned my blood. Not only thinned it but turned it a bright red and not the thick dark red I was use to seeing. I assume that the calcium in the product inhibits iron. If this is the case, I don't think Calcium D-glucarate would be a good choice for my low iron or my magnesium issues. Any thoughts?

DrJ

Does anyone know if Calcium d-glucarate will decrease iron? I'm a female and the last time I took a high dose of Calcium D-glucarate in a desperate attempt to curb heavy menstrual bleeding, I noticed it thinned my blood. Not only thinned it but turned it a bright red and not the thick dark red I was use to seeing. I assume that the calcium in the product inhibits iron. If this is the case, I don't think Calcium D-glucarate would be a good choice for my low iron or my magnesium issues. Any thoughts?
I don't know about decreasing iron but there's not really so much calcium in it unless you are taking a LOT. I have Gilbert's syndrome so I take calcium d-glucarate (CDG) regularly for that and there is only 125mg calcium per gram in my supp. CDG should improve your glucuronidation pathway by inhibiting beta-glucoronidase. This should generally improve your ability to excrete toxins like estrogen and bilirubin. Maybe the blood was dark before from bilirubin build up? Maybe it was thick due to high estrogen? Have you ever had your bilirubin levels tested? Do you get jaundice or yellowing of the eyes?

OP
J

June

I don't know about decreasing iron but there's not really so much calcium in it unless you are taking a LOT. I have Gilbert's syndrome so I take calcium d-glucarate (CDG) regularly for that and there is only 125mg calcium per gram in my supp. CDG should improve your glucuronidation pathway by inhibiting beta-glucoronidase. This should generally improve your ability to excrete toxins like estrogen and bilirubin. Maybe the blood was dark before from bilirubin build up? Maybe it was thick due to high estrogen? Have you ever had your bilirubin levels tested? Do you get jaundice or yellowing of the eyes?
This is very strange. I’ll have to check how much calcium is in mine. But my bilirubin is normal. Which has me worried why it had that effect. My blood was way too thin afterwards and wouldnt clot well. Could it have lowered estrogen too much and I was already on the lower end?

OP
J

June

Just found out it’s 58.5mg calcium per pill. And I was taking a higher dose =O. I found this information from going back in my emails. I guess I was concerned enough about the calcium that I inquired about it with the company. I just thought the amount was innocent enough for me. So maybe it did oppose my iron? Im already low iron from bleeding but ive never seen my blood look bright and thin like water.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals