Can’t Sleep And Heart Is Beating Like Crazy After 2x500 Mg Thiamine

Astolfo

I took total 1 grams of B1 in ‘two’ days. The first day was actually good, i saw some improvements so i decided to take second dose the next day. And, i took another 500 mg yesterday evening (500 mg sunday, 500 mg monday).

I went sleepy fast those two nights. I was actually ok at the first but it affects me mostly after hours. I couldn’t sleep at all this night. My heart is beating like crazy, I feel my inner pressure and whenever i lay down and try to sleep, it gets worse. My sympathetic system is hypersensitized or something? I also feel a bit of pain at my heart at worse times.

What did b1 do? My potassium was low on the test, so by supplementing b1 have i put myself into a heart attack risk? What am i gonna do now?

redsun

I took total 1 grams of B1 in ‘two’ days. The first day was actually good, i saw some improvements so i decided to take second dose the next day. And, i took another 500 mg yesterday evening (500 mg sunday, 500 mg monday).

I went sleepy fast those two nights. I was actually ok at the first but it affects me mostly after hours. I couldn’t sleep at all this night. My heart is beating like crazy, I feel my inner pressure and whenever i lay down and try to sleep, it gets worse. My sympathetic system is hypersensitized or something? I also feel a bit of pain at my heart at worse times.

What did b1 do? My potassium was low on the test, so by supplementing b1 have i put myself into a heart attack risk? What am i gonna do now?

If it feels comparable to how you feel when you run or exert yourself, what has likely happened is that there is too much CO2 to the point where to maintain pH your body increases ventilation and heart rate. When you exercise CO2 builds up and the body does the exact same thing to blow out CO2. Its to be expected, you took too much B1 and its acting like a drug and not a vitamin. I dont think there is anything you can do about this until the body gets of the B1 so it stops skyrocketing CO2.

If its just potassium depletion it should go away if you consume so milk or juice or something like that that has potassium.

Whichway?

B1 also utilises magnesium, so perhaps you taking such large doses of B1 is causing a draw on your magnesium reserves (if you have any) and causing this important ion to become low.

When taking any supplement, I also start low by breaking tablets into 1/4 or 1/2, or capsules tipping some out. I also only increase the dose every 3-4 days, and by a small amount. I've learned this through bitter experience such as your own, where you push your metabolism to hard in the wrong direction, and have to wait until you re-balance yourself.

peateats1

When I was having bad health problems I know my potassium and magnesium were low. When I took even one dose of B1 I had chest pain that hurt like a b*tch.
I ate potato juice(boiled like a soup) and a quart of oj per day and that resolved the pain. So in my case it was potassium deficiency.
Maybe try drinking some oj or coconut water if you have some, and don't let it worry you too much. It'll go away.

OP
A

Astolfo

If it feels comparable to how you feel when you run or exert yourself

Yeah exactly. Thankfully after writing this post I managed to alleviate the symptoms a bit by getting orgasm once. I thought it would help and it really did. I could slept 3 hours after. Masturbating worsens my pssd and it helped me get out of this too.

I felt and still feel like i borned into a new world. My sensation changed. I don't know if it in a good way or bad way, though. My fine motor skills seems improved.
I also felt a really good calmness despite being in a scary situation. High CO2 levels are calming?

Since the morning, a specific region of side of my belly randomly twitches rapidly. I guess it's because of electrolyte depletion? @Whichway?

When I was having bad health problems I know my potassium and magnesium were low. When I took even one dose of B1 I had chest pain that hurt like a b*tch.
I ate potato juice(boiled like a soup) and a quart of oj per day and that resolved the pain. So in my case it was potassium deficiency.
Maybe try drinking some oj or coconut water if you have some, and don't let it worry you too much. It'll go away.

How many potatoes you were consuming daily? I can't eat potatoes, bananas, lite-salt either because they give me really bad panic feeling. My aldosterone gets really high i guess. My potassium was 3.9 on my last blood test. It went from 5.6 to 3.9 by time.

redsun

Yeah exactly. Thankfully after writing this post I managed to alleviate the symptoms a bit by getting orgasm once. I thought it would help and it really did. I could slept 3 hours after. Masturbating worsens my pssd and it helped me get out of this too.

I felt and still feel like i borned into a new world. My sensation changed. I don't know if it in a good way or bad way, though. My fine motor skills seems improved.
I also felt a really good calmness despite being in a scary situation. High CO2 levels are calming?

Since the morning, a specific region of side of my belly randomly twitches rapidly. I guess it's because of electrolyte depletion? @Whichway?

How many potatoes you were consuming daily? I can't eat potatoes, bananas, lite-salt either because they give me really bad panic feeling. My aldosterone gets really high i guess. My potassium was 3.9 on my last blood test. It went from 5.6 to 3.9 by time.

Acetylcholine which B1 will massively increase is what is calming you and improving motor skills.

RealNeat

How common is this effect I wonder. It seems many people use thiamin around these parts at similar doses, is this rare or did it just catch you off guard?

alywest

I’ve learned that you really want to balance your b’s. Add some niacinamide, methylfolate, maybe riboflavin, pyridoxine (b6), and also maybe taurine

Consuming Carbs or whole meals could calm this sensation maybe.For testing purposes only,60 grams of sucrose with two glasses of water.

peateats1

I was juicing at least 7 large potatoes. My daily potassium intake was like 3 times the rda.
At the time I was having trouble with excessive renin angiotensin and that's what was causing potassium loss for me.

Hans

Forum Supporter
I was juicing at least 7 large potatoes. My daily potassium intake was like 3 times the rda.
At the time I was having trouble with excessive renin angiotensin and that's what was causing potassium loss for me.
And just drinking it like that? And negative reaction to it, or did it work well?

peateats1

And just drinking it like that? And negative reaction to it, or did it work well?
I juiced the potatoes, then let it sit for about 30min so all the starch collects at the bottom. Then pour the juice only(leaving starch behind) into a pot to boil on the stove. I just boiled it for a few minutes then eat it like a soup.
Since all the starch is removed it's extremely easy on the body and contains a lot of nutrition.

So yeah, it worked well for me. It's just a little labor intensive.

Hans

Forum Supporter
I juiced the potatoes, then let it sit for about 30min so all the starch collects at the bottom. Then pour the juice only(leaving starch behind) into a pot to boil on the stove. I just boiled it for a few minutes then eat it like a soup.
Since all the starch is removed it's extremely easy on the body and contains a lot of nutrition.

Thanks for sharing.

Momentum

Isn't it the starch that contains all the healthy prebiotics? The prebiotic crowd consumes either a few bites of raw potato/day or teaspoons to tablespoon of potato starch.

OP
A

Astolfo

7 Large potatoes? Jesus. Only one small potato makes me very panicky whole day. I’m not sure i will be alive if i consume that much potassium in one day. How did you cope the stress reaction you got from upping potassium?

OP
A

Astolfo

Potassium is not the only thing one would get in high amounts from 7 large potatoes btw. It could be other minerals helped you too.

926386F2-F4DC-429F-8818-4A517AA67EB9.png

peateats1

7 Large potatoes? Jesus. Only one small potato makes me very panicky whole day. I’m not sure i will be alive if i consume that much potassium in one day. How did you cope the stress reaction you got from upping potassium?
Lol. Luckily it didn't cause me a stress reaction. I'm not sure why though. I had the potatoes and whole quart of oj per day.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Isn't it the starch that contains all the healthy prebiotics? The prebiotic crowd consumes either a few bites of raw potato/day or teaspoons to tablespoon of potato starch.
Prebiotics isn't something you want if you got bacteria overgrowth and endotoxin overload.
Peat warned about starch particles that can be absorbed whole and block small arteries. Raw starch is the worse in this regard.

HLP

Try Thiamine in the TTFD form.

Bounce

Forum Supporter
So fckn interesting guys. The last weeks i had every night shortness of breath and didnt know why. Every morning i was taking 250-500mg of thiamine, because i read so much good stuff.

4 days ago i increase the dose and in the night i called the ambulance because of chest pain and extreme airhunger.

My feeling was, it is the b1. I stopped but had still shortness of breath the days after. I hope soon that my body recover from the overdose of b1. I taked it with mag and Calcium btw.

If anybody has a tipp, tell me please.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals