Which one do you prefer to increase your copper level?

• Total voters

Logan-

Which one do you mainly prefer to increase your copper level? Why?

If diet, what do you eat, and how much?

If supplementation, what do you take, how much?

OP
L

Logan-

FitnessMike

i eat cacao in smoothie every day, 50grams. Also potatoes daily.

sunny

In one of the last interviews with Danny and Georgi, Ray talked about chicken livers being very tasty. It seemed he was eating liver less often because of availability.

OP
L

Logan-

I think it’s the other way around. Thyroid increases circulating serum copper and ceruloplasmin by extrahepatic mobilization. Low thyroid causes low copper, but this does not necessarily mean that your hepatic stores of copper are low.

I extensively tried to raise my copper with supplementation (Cu2 and Cu1) and copper-rich foods over a year, but my labs did not budge one bit. I‘m trying thyroid to raise it.

No, blood tests. Serum copper and ceruloplasmin did not change favorably.

After 6 months of copper bisglycinate (8mg/d) my serum copper elevated from 55 to 78, but with minor elevation of ceruloplasmin 15 to 18 leading to a high free/unbound copper index.
I stopped taking it due to getting liver pains from it.

After I retested serum copper moved down to 55 again, ceruloplasmin down to baseline 15. I see this kind of number in a lot of people! And I suspect it’s not due to deficiency, because those I know with low copper don’t really respond to more copper.

I think that copper does in fact get easily absorbed, but the body does not like the copper to float freely in the blood stream because of it’s prooxidant nature, and relatively quickly moves the circulating copper into the liver, where it (ideally) gets loaded onto binding proteins/copper chaperones like ceruloplasmin. But you need good thyroid/adrenal/liver function to do that. And in hypothyroidism all those organs suffer.
BUT for a moment you feel the rush of energy from a influx of free copper in the blood stream after supplementation. But you need to continually take copper to get that feeling. And it will eventually built up in your liver.

Over the year of supplementing copper I still had deficiency symptoms (and labs) yet I also got some copper toxicity symptoms like a pear-shaped-estrogenic body composition, my libido disappeared, felt effeminate, heavy body hair everywhere, but at least with lots of hair growth.

OP
L

Logan-

i eat cacao in smoothie every day, 50grams. Also potatoes daily.
That seems good.

I had researched cacao in the past but since I couldn’t tolerate it, I stopped consuming it. I’d try to find either organic cacao or a product from a reputable seller that tests the products, if I were to consume it regularly.

FitnessMike

That seems good.

I had researched cacao in the past but since I couldn’t tolerate it, I stopped consuming it. I’d try to find either organic cacao or a product from a reputable seller that tests the products, if I were to consume it regularly.
Histamine reaction orr?

OP
L

Logan-

In one of the last interviews with Danny and Georgi, Ray talked about chicken livers being very tasty. It seemed he was eating liver less often because of availability.
In terms of taste, I prefer chicken livers too.

It’s very important to buy liver fresh, it should have dark, almost black-ish look to it. I’d guess Ray couldn’t find it as fresh as he would like them to be. Thanks for sharing.

OP
L

Logan-

Histamine reaction orr?
Could be its immunogenicity, histamine reaction, oxalates, caffeine etc. All impact both the instestines and the whole system. If I could eat them, I would eat them (in the form of 99% bitter chocolates) every day.

Yucca

Both.

Dark chocolate (pure cacao butter) + a big handful of cashews with my coffee at lunch

+ 6mg copper bisglycinate/day

Kyle970

Just toasted in the skillet with butter, I don't cook them the same way as white buttons(boiling for hours). Tastes fantastic.

Jennifer

Which one do you mainly prefer to increase your copper level? Why?

If diet, what do you eat, and how much?

If supplementation, what do you take, how much?

I prefer getting my copper through diet. My main source is goat dairy (2 L of goat’s milk and 170 g of goat cheese) and to a lesser extent, crab, pear juice during the colder months and coconut water and watermelon juice during the warmer months.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals