Cramps Keep Getting Worse and I Already Loaded on Potassium And it Doesn't Help. Finally Figured out Why- Sharing

youngsinatra

Please could I ask how much vitmain D were you taking and how much did it raise your blood pressure?
I took around 8-10‘000 IUs per day for roughly a year or so. I did not have perfect blood pressure before I started vitamin D but it usually was 130/65 - I noticed that it kept increasing over the course of the last year - sometimes reaching a BP of 150/90. I don‘t want to blame the vitamin D, because blood pressure is really multifaceted and complicated.

P

Peatness

I took around 8-10‘000 IUs per day for roughly a year or so. I did not have perfect blood pressure before I started vitamin D but it usually was 130/65 - I noticed that it kept increasing over the course of the last year - sometimes reaching a BP of 150/90. I don‘t want to blame the vitamin D, because blood pressure is really multifaceted and complicated.
Thank you this is really helpful. I've been on high vitamin d 5000 -10,000 ius for years. I tested my vitamin d levels earlier this year, it was around 40ng. I have high blood pressure which I have been struggling to lower for years. Now I am wondering if the vitamin D might be implicated. I will scale back on the dose to see if it makes a difference.

Jam

@yerrag: Have you by chance tried and experienced similar results (alleviation of cramp pains) from acetazolamide or high-dose thiamine?

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Bicarbonate water / carbonated water ingestion both leading to bicarbonate passing into the blood (or not?), vs. Carbogen breathing.
I see. Thanks for spelling it out this way. Come to think of it, perhaps why bicarbonate and carbonation's effects were hard for me to notice is that increase blood bicarbonate does not address the very acidic reaches of ecf, whereas carbogen is used by the body to diffuse bicarbonate into the ecf.

While plasma is still.part of the ecf, there is lag time from taking the bicarbonate to it actually getting to the ecf.

Gustav3Y

Do you take vitamin D or know your current vitamin D status?
I got weird electrolyte problems while taking it. Namely tetany, muscle twitches, tense muscles, balance problems, momentarily bladder pains and changes in cardiac function (faster heart beat, rise in blood pressure)
That happened even while the dietary intake of the macrominerals was near optimal in my opinion (typically 1‘500mg calcium, 2‘000 mg phosphate, 10‘000 mg potassium, 1000mg magnesium and abundant sodium - all via diet) and I supplemented with K2 as well.

I finally got the courage to discontinue vitamin D supplementation for 2 weeks and those weird problems went away after 4-5 days.

I don‘t want to hate on vitamin D or so, but maybe my experience with it is helpful for someone.
That is some serious level of mineral intake.
How would you describe your balance problems?
Visible by others? Or just felt by you?

OP
yerrag

yerrag

@yerrag: Have you by chance tried and experienced similar results (alleviation of cramp pains) from acetazolamide or high-dose thiamine?
No, how does CAI work towards that?

Jam

No, how does CAI work towards that?
The features of the stress metabolism include increases of stress hormones, lactate, ammonia, free fatty acids, and fat synthesis, and a decrease in carbon dioxide. Factors that lower the stress hormones, increase carbon dioxide, and help to lower the circulating free fatty acids, lactate, and ammonia, include vitamin B1 (to increase CO2 and reduce lactate), niacinamide (to reduce free fatty acids), sugar (to reduce cortisol, adrenaline, and free fatty acids), salt (to lower adrenaline), thyroid hormone (to increase CO2). Vitamins D, K, B6 and biotin are also closely involved with carbon dioxide metabolism. Biotin deficiency can cause aerobic glycolysis with increased fat synthesis (Marshall, et al., 1976).

Increasing carbon dioxide lowers the intracellular pH, as well as inhibiting lactic acid
formation, and restoring the oxidation of glucose increases CO2. Inhibiting carbonic
anhydrase, to allow more CO2 to stay in the cell, contributes to intracellular acidification,
and by systemically increasing carbon dioxide this inhibition has a broad range of
protective anti-excitatory effects.

The local concentration of carbon dioxide in specific tissues and organs can be adjusted by nervous and hormonal activation or inhibition of the carbonic anhydrase enzymes, that accelerate the oonversion of CO2 to carbonic acid, H2CO3. The activity of carbonic anhydrase can determine the density and strength of the skeleton, the excitability of nerves, the accumulation of water, and can regulate the structure and function of the tissues and organs.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

The features of the stress metabolism include increases of stress hormones, lactate, ammonia, free fatty acids, and fat synthesis, and a decrease in carbon dioxide. Factors that lower the stress hormones, increase carbon dioxide, and help to lower the circulating free fatty acids, lactate, and ammonia, include vitamin B1 (to increase CO2 and reduce lactate), niacinamide (to reduce free fatty acids), sugar (to reduce cortisol, adrenaline, and free fatty acids), salt (to lower adrenaline), thyroid hormone (to increase CO2). Vitamins D, K, B6 and biotin are also closely involved with carbon dioxide metabolism. Biotin deficiency can cause aerobic glycolysis with increased fat synthesis (Marshall, et al., 1976).

Increasing carbon dioxide lowers the intracellular pH, as well as inhibiting lactic acid
formation, and restoring the oxidation of glucose increases CO2. Inhibiting carbonic
anhydrase, to allow more CO2 to stay in the cell, contributes to intracellular acidification,
and by systemically increasing carbon dioxide this inhibition has a broad range of
protective anti-excitatory effects.

The local concentration of carbon dioxide in specific tissues and organs can be adjusted by nervous and hormonal activation or inhibition of the carbonic anhydrase enzymes, that accelerate the oonversion of CO2 to carbonic acid, H2CO3. The activity of carbonic anhydrase can determine the density and strength of the skeleton, the excitability of nerves, the accumulation of water, and can regulate the structure and function of the tissues and organs.
Thanks.

It appears that CAI would not be useful in a system with optimal mitochondrial respiration. It would be useful as a remedy for sub-optimal Mito respiration, where Mito respiration is.not able to produce enough CO2 to replenish the ones converted by CA.

In a severely downregulated case of Mito respiration, I doubt the impact of
CA where to begin with there is low CO2 already.

I think carbogen would do a better job by supplying CO2. A CO2 bath,where the subject is covered in a bath of CO2, would even be better.

I don't think the cramps of the kind I got would have been helped by CAI. CAI may even cause the body to be short on bicarbonate, as it keeps it from being produced. It may contribute to acidosis in the ecf and worsen the situation for my cramps.

Last edited:
OP
yerrag

yerrag

I don't understand why Ray Peat takes as a given that our respiration is sub-optimal and will stay that way. On this premise he promotes CAI.

Ray had no interest in making our mitochondrial respiration optimal. He probably realizes we are hopelessly resigned to being in varying degrees of sub-optimal, and so he instead recommends us supplements.

If we are optimal, why would we need CAI unless there is a biological defect in our body that mistakenly put in this enzyme?

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Update:

Went to bed last night hoping to sleep very well again. By this I mean no frequent wakeups to urinate, and the a good night sleep would continue to make me recover.

I slept well alright, or at least I thought so. Until I looked at the spO2 graph of my sleep. The graph was the worst graph I have ever seen of my spO2 dropping.

I did not expect this. And so this means my recovery is kibosh again. My fever rose from the near normal of 37.2 to a 38.5, after having made steady progress throughout the day yesterday. I felt signs of cramps coming back.

What I couldn't figure out is why I wasn't urinating so much. Should I be happy about this, or should aibe worried?

Such are the twists and turns of healing under my own supervision.

Attachments

• 2021-10-29 10.25.43.jpg
    2021-10-29 10.25.43.jpg
    541.1 KB · Views: 12
OP
yerrag

yerrag

It's possible that
What are your iron levels like? Any back pain?
No back pain at all.

Have ferritin at 210. But serum iron levels are normal. With systemic bacterial infection, I think ferritin is high to keep iron from bacteria.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I'm hoping I can see the chronic bacterial burden subside, as this is the best way for the body to get back to optimal mitochondrial respiration.

Without which my sub-optimal acid balance balance can't be fixed. I have this terrible dry cough, which really is just a symptom of too much ecf acidity that leads to mucus' sulfide groups staying in the oxidized GSSG form, which is thick and clumpy, unable to be recycled to the smooth flowing GSH form.

It's hard to breathe carbogen the way my setup is right now. But I'll stick with it. As this helps a little.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Update:

Went to bed last night hoping to sleep very well again. By this I mean no frequent wakeups to urinate, and the a good night sleep would continue to make me recover.

I slept well alright, or at least I thought so. Until I looked at the spO2 graph of my sleep. The graph was the worst graph I have ever seen of my spO2 dropping.

I did not expect this. And so this means my recovery is kibosh again. My fever rose from the near normal of 37.2 to a 38.5, after having made steady progress throughout the day yesterday. I felt signs of cramps coming back.

What I couldn't figure out is why I wasn't urinating so much. Should I be happy about this, or should aibe worried?

Such are the twists and turns of healing under my own supervision.

I should observe more the graph to get a better sense of what's going.

Some possible causes:

this was a different bacteria than the one my antibiotic handles pretty well (given we're dealing with bacteria that are remnants from the past infections in biofilms)

or there was way too much bacteria let loose this time my antibiotic dosage wasn't enough to handle it by itself

we shall find out in the next few days. I'll stick with the existing dosage and be conservative with dosage

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I also did an hour of carbogen breathing. While at it, I made some rough mental calculations on how much CO2 I was getting.

It's 50grams.

This is a lot.

Try calculating how much would this be in terms of weight of sodium bicarbonate.

No wonder I could not get the same effects in drinking bicarbonate water at merely 3 tsp of bicarbonate a day.

Note though, while my urine pH and saliva pH reading indicate I am very imbalanced acid base balance wise, I'm not having no cramping. My heart's PI is normal. What remains to be a sticking and nagging reminder to my imbalance is my throat just wanting to cough incessantly.

My temperature has been stubbornly clinging on the 38C levels. It seems like the TLR4 receptors are in constant red alert, or that the body needs this high temperature to deal in a slow and measured manner the current load of planktonic bacterial infection.

This is one hell of a persistent though non-virulent infection. I feel fine despite the fever.

Last edited:
OP
yerrag

yerrag

@Jam

I had to go to my profile postsign from last month to find your suggestion to mouth tape. To which I also shared. but am reattaching below.

At that time I couldn't make sense of the graph, but now I do.

By mouth taping, I wasn't doing myself any favor. Because I was restriction an ingredient needed for phagocytosis. The graph looks cleaner, but it belies the failure of my immune system to carry out it bacteria killing activity for the night.

It was only for a night, though. So maybe the immune system waited for the next opportune time to do its job. Maybe it preferred the night to do it, but this time it had to do it the next day once the mouth tape was removed.

I now wonder how many people in the RPF who mouth taped really shouldn't have. For lack of knowing any better, they could be doing more harm than good.

A thread on when and when not to mouth tape would be beneficial, but I don't know if it will be too complicated .

Attachments

• 2021-10-30 11.32.18.jpg
    2021-10-30 11.32.18.jpg
    515.9 KB · Views: 10
OP
yerrag

yerrag

Update:

Not recovered. A lot of acid base imbalance issues to be worked out. Infection remains, and this puts a kibosh on me getting energy and CO2.

I am so thankful for having carbogen . Before I turned in, I had an hour breathing carbogen Before bed, urine and saliva tests showed such an imbalance I was worried about how I could sleep.

Yet I found myself having 6 hours straight sleep when I woke up at night. I tested myself again and now all the markers are very good, especially acid base balance.

But from midnight I struggled to sleep with these perfect markers. Go figure!

I woke up this morning back to the imbalance I had before.

This just shows that when our body is under assault and the assault has.not.been resolved, we need carbon dioxide to help our body restore acid base balance, which is so crucial to not deteriorating into states that require more invasive intervention by our doctors.

I have no doubt that if carbogen were widely available, people would recover already at the ER, or the regular hospital room. Their.vitals would not deteriorate as the body is given the chance to balance its system.

I believe that the establishment knows this, but they need the business of dying while being poisoned so much they cannot allow true solutions.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Update:

My fever of 38Ç that sometimes reach 39, though rarely, doesn't want to go away.

Since this infectious load crates stress on my Mito respiration, I can't find the balance.

I'm acidic, and I keep dry. coughing.

Carbogen is helpful but can only restore balance temporarily.

I thought about the situation and realize that I have to get an antibiotic for gram negative bacteria.

When biofilm is broken and bacteria becomeas planktonic in the bloodstream, the obligate anaerobic types die as they're oxygen to oxygen. But the facultative anaerobic will survive.

Because I had burst more biofilm recently with the plaque lysing drugs, the burden of these bacteria are higher than what I'm used to. And this must be why by body temperature is raised - to keep them from multiplying quickly.

I now realize using antibiotica for gram positive bacteria was.not the best choice.

I'm going to rethink my approach. For now, I'm thinking of doing more extensive inhalation therapy with clove, hoping it can stem the tide I am overcome with. Clove oil has gram negative antibacterial properties.

Gustav3Y

It is impressive to me to see you writing this coherent and detailed while at 38C to 39C body temp, 100.4F to 102.2F

OP
yerrag

yerrag

It is impressive to me to see you writing this coherent and detailed while at 38C to 39C body temp, 100.4F to 102.2F
Other than the cramps at the start, and the itchy throat, and a mini-acid reflux feeling, and the reduced appetite, it doesn't seem to affect me the way respiratory illness does.

I try to stay calm and keep myself from making rash decisions I end up regretting.

On a side note, my taste bud is so bland now I find it hard to drink plain water. Had to order Coke for home delivery.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals