Crazy [ Taurine Experience ]

Nicholas

Food balancing only went so far. eventually i got interested in taking Taurine. I decided to take very low dose (500mg/every other day). it took me two weeks to realize that it was seriously helping me. this may be super simplistic way of describing, but it's like i'm no longer a crazy person. I was never an overtly crazy person - just really a lot of mental wrestling and overthinking and dwelling on things inside my head.....shades of depression no matter how balanced my diet was (or at least as much as i could perceive it to be). I don't have these dark clouds come over me (they aren't blood sugar black clouds, they're different).....dark clouds that take away my zeal to work hard, etc. I'm much more resilient now. Much more stable minded and not dealing with confusion all the time. again, it's not blood sugar instability i'm referring to - as i'm pretty sure i know what that feels like - it's more relative to constantly shifting moods.... i'm pretty sure it's not diet related as not much has changed there and i'm pretty happy with my diet right now. i certainly eat enough and cover all the variables there - has been very balanced for quite some time. But this Taurine effect is different....will ponder some more.

Milky

When do you take the 500mg shot and is it with food or coffee/caffeine? I've been playing with taurine too.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Nicholas

Nicholas

with breakfast. coffee after breakfast...

Last edited by a moderator:

Peata

It's been good for me too, only I need min. 2 g. Right now I'm using 4 - 5 g.

Velve921

Back in September 2015 I started my online master's on top of work and anticipated lots of multitasking and losing "zeal" or "drive". Coincidentally, 1 week before starting school came across information on taurine..I believe on the forum or one of Ray's articles or both. I started with 500mg a day and after the first dose I literally felt EXACTLY what Nicholas is talking about! I became a work horse comparatively to my old self! It's also funny how typically on long drives when I commute back and forth from Chicago to St. Louis (5 hours) I've occassionally gone for a combination of orange juice, red bull, and gelatin...and every time I have incredible optimistic thoughts and emotions. (I'm not endorsing Red Bull FYI) But it makes sense how taurine could play an important role in metabolic function especially if combined with sugar, caffeine, and other vitamins. I currently take 3g a day. Awesome stuff Nicholas!

superhuman

It's been good for me too, only I need min. 2 g. Right now I'm using 4 - 5 g.

How do you know how much you need ? ive taken taurine for a while now but i havent noticed anything.
What is normal to notice in terms of positive effects from it ?

CoolTweetPete

I recently started replacing Pepsi with Rockstar or Monster energy drinks, which have 1G of Taurine per can. I have noticed an improved sense of clarity as well. Amazing how demonized these energy concoctions were in my mind when I was Paleo / low carb, but many of them include Taurine, and a host of B vitamins, including Niacinamide.

Velve921

I found that starting small and increasing based on response worked for me.

And its funny how much energy drinks can be demonized...there are some of course with a long list of ingredients that could increase stress; however, I have found Red Bull to largely helpful when consuming alcohol. I use to drink beer and eventually found that low blood sugar and digestive stress was a consequence. Since switching to vodka, orange juice, red bull, and even a little NDT throughout the evening of fun has made for much better blood sugar when trying to enjoy myself. Also, since following this practice when consuming alcohol, I never get hangovers...tired yes...but hangovers no. I know thats a bit of a tangent from the discussion on taurine...but I would have to imagine that taurine plays a role in decreasing stress during alcoholic events?

Peata

How do you know how much you need ? ive taken taurine for a while now but i havent noticed anything.
What is normal to notice in terms of positive effects from it ?

Well on the lower doses I noticed right away that I had better glycogen storage. I no longer woke in the night with the panic and needing to eat. I could also go a little longer during the day between meals. I didn't feel sick if I didn't get to food soon enough.

I never noticed the other good effects until I started taking 4 - 5 g. I'm taking 5 gm day now, by taking 1 g. after waking, noon, around 3, around 6, and before bed. It may not be needed to dose it that frequently.

I feel better physically, as in less muscle fatigue and soreness. I am consistently warmer with better temps. My mood is stable. Clear-headed and motivated. I'm also on cyproheptadine, and it contributes to those things as well, but it was only after upping the taurine several days ago that I felt a big difference. I may even reduce the cypro soon and see if Taurine alone keeps things going.

Orion

Well on the lower doses I noticed right away that I had better glycogen storage. I no longer woke in the night with the panic and needing to eat. I could also go a little longer during the day between meals. I didn't feel sick if I didn't get to food soon enough.

I never noticed the other good effects until I started taking 4 - 5 g. I'm taking 5 gm day now, by taking 1 g. after waking, noon, around 3, around 6, and before bed. It may not be needed to dose it that frequently.

I feel better physically, as in less muscle fatigue and soreness. I am consistently warmer with better temps. My mood is stable. Clear-headed and motivated. I'm also on cyproheptadine, and it contributes to those things as well, but it was only after upping the taurine several days ago that I felt a big difference. I may even reduce the cypro soon and see if Taurine alone keeps things going.

I am at 4grams/day Taurine for almost 1 week, hands and feet still icy cold 2.5hrs after meals, sleeping only 6-7hrs before first adrenaline style wakeup, but can fall back asleep. How long did before you saw benefits?

On another note, I took 2mg of cypro this weekend on Sat, my largest test so far. Holy moly did it destroy my Sunday, was so lethargic, could barely function or get of the couch! How do you manage the larger doses, did you build up tolerance?

Peata

I am at 4grams/day Taurine for almost 1 week, hands and feet still icy cold 2.5hrs after meals, sleeping only 6-7hrs before first adrenaline style wakeup, but can fall back asleep. How long did before you saw benefits?

On another note, I took 2mg of cypro this weekend on Sat, my largest test so far. Holy moly did it destroy my Sunday, was so lethargic, could barely function or get of the couch! How do you manage the larger doses, did you build up tolerance?

Yeah, on the cypro - I've taken it off and on for about a year and a half, and it does have less sedative effect as you get used to it.

I've taken Taurine for a month total but only increased the dosage to 4 - 5 g day about 4 days ago.

Maybe it's the combo of the cypro and taurine that's so excellent for me. I am tempted to taper off the cypro to see if Taurine keeps up the good effects alone, but I'm not sure if I should yet.

OP
Nicholas

Nicholas

Hi Nicholas,

do you still have this positive effects from Taurine?

yes....though i don't need it as often. a supplement (just like food) losing its benefit is not a bad thing - because the body changes and the internal work schedule changes.

superhuman

Taurine is strange. I take 500 mg 2-3x a day but it really causes stomach bloating and slower bowels. Esp lower stomach is bloated. Why is this happening?

Stevie

Someone asked a similar question in a thread about vitamin D, taurine and cancer.

This. Also, taurine stimulates bile acid production and too much bile acids can irritate the colon. Finally, if taurine has bactericidal effect as the study above says that can lead to bloating due to massive die off and resultant endotoxin release. But it should subside as taurine improves the colon health and overall metabolism.

raypeatclips

Someone asked a similar question in a thread about vitamin D, taurine and cancer.

This. Also, taurine stimulates bile acid production and too much bile acids can irritate the colon. Finally, if taurine has bactericidal effect as the study above says that can lead to bloating due to massive die off and resultant endotoxin release. But it should subside as taurine improves the colon health and overall metabolism.

Thanks for this, I am going to continue with taurine. Has anyone had experience with taurine causing bloating at first then eventually stopping?

Mossy

I can get by on very low doses of taurine (30 mg), at least when using it for anxiety and insomnia. I would like to take larger doses for the hair , T, and bio-availability benefits, but am concerned about how I would react to the larger doses. I posted a comment to this affect on this thread, but thought this thread may be relevant as well.

quazimodo

I take it dissolved in Gatorade with glycine, theonine, thiamine, methylene blue and some homemade magnesium water. I find that the biliary excreation from the taurine increases absorption of k2 and vitamin d. Also, I think that in taking this concoction, my brain seems to be in a theta zen like focus. My two cents

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals