Doxycycline , intestinal health, hypertension

LadyRae

FWIW might be good to supplement when taking doxy. At least be aware of what it depletes.

View: https://twitter.com/raymondnichols_/status/1627326276464771072

FpcBk83aIAUKiCa

No, I totally disagree with this. I am just going off of my own experience of course but fermented foods have never agreed with me. They cause lots of bloating and gas whether before, during, or after antibiotics- which I haven't taken a lot of by the way.

My skin and sleep and digestion has never been better eating low fiber, and occasionally taking antibiotics a few times a year..

EvanHinkle

I had an infected periodontal pocket in the summer of 2021 that I healed with topical methylene blue drops and a week-long round of amoxicillin
Me personally, I tried 20mg, and occasionally 40mg three days a week for about three weeks.

For an acute infection I’ve done 100mg three or four times a day for 48hrs. This action was based on a direct quote from Peat when he mentioned taking as much as 250mg 3-4 times a day for 48 hours.

If I were looking to improve skin because I had an issue related to endotoxin I would probably try the lower dose, (20-40mg) for the multi-week period. While dosing this way I also take activated charcoal away from the doxy, (I feel the need to sop up that endotoxin from the dead bacteria). When I don’t use charcoal like this I will eventually experience constipation and then later dermatitis, (this is my personal experience and not advice).

LadyRae

Me personally, I tried 20mg, and occasionally 40mg three days a week for about three weeks.

For an acute infection I’ve done 100mg three or four times a day for 48hrs. This action was based on a direct quote from Peat when he mentioned taking as much as 250mg 3-4 times a day for 48 hours.

If I were looking to improve skin because I had an issue related to endotoxin I would probably try the lower dose, (20-40mg) for the multi-week period. While dosing this way I also take activated charcoal away from the doxy, (I feel the need to sop up that endotoxin from the dead bacteria). When I don’t use charcoal like this I will eventually experience constipation and then later dermatitis, (this is my personal experience and not advice).
Ok cool. I already taken a TBSP activated charcoal powder every morning on an empty stomach.
Thanks!

Nokoni

taken a TBSP activated charcoal powder every morning on an empty stomach
Take the Doxy first then wait half an hour or so before taking any charcoal. And stick with just the one 100 mg tab per day initially. (Not sure you can break them for a smaller dose. The caplet may be designed to get past the stomach.) If you get the results you want then stick with that. After a while you can adjust the dose as needed.

LadyRae

Take the Doxy first then wait half an hour or so before taking any charcoal. And stick with just the one 100 mg tab per day initially. (Not sure you can break them for a smaller dose. The caplet may be designed to get past the stomach.) If you get the results you want then stick with that. After a while you can adjust the dose as needed.
Thank you so much!

Vinny

Doxy wipes out completely my acne (on scalp) but it gives me a horrible pebble poop (don`t wish it to anyone). I don`t remember the amount taken, but it wasn`t high for sure. Any ideas how to counteract the pebble effect (I get it from dairy as well)?

LadyRae

@yerrag Hey I know that you have been struggling with blood pressure issues related to bacteria, have you read this study?

yerrag

@yerrag Hey I know that you have been struggling with blood pressure issues related to bacteria, have you read this study?
Thanks for thinking of me.

I actually didn't even want to look at this thread nor the study. A lot of it stems in my attitude that manybof these studies only capture a subset of the interactions involved, and at best provides a view only of the tip of the iceberg.

I have also tried using doxy, Augmentin,.and azithromycin in succession for 2 weeks, 5 weeks, and 7 weeks respectively, and I am no better blood pressure wise.

What surprised me is that my gut became sterile without any negatives. I immediately achieved nirvana of zero smell, and ghost wipe. A few weeks later, I would notice no oral plaque at all.

It is true what @methylenewhite says about the tetracycline class such as tetra, doxy, and the other one the name of which eludes me now. Take anybody them as a powder, and it will leech calcium off your teeth and stain it with yellow. When you get them in powder form such as tetracycline for fish or doxy for pets, always put them in a capsule- for you and your pets.

As for my BP, I have to resort to other ways but the road isn't smooth and it's full of detours.

Add:

Tetracycline works for periodontitis. I took it for my BP at 250mg/day for a week and ended up ridding a tooth of gingival.abscess, which I have tried to remove using SSKI. The abscess has not returned and the loose tooth has firmed up in place in its socket with continued use of SSKI and Dr. Manhart's products.

Don't be using industrial potassium citrate before, during or after tetracycline, as tetracycline can develop into fungal parasites. I was sidelined for a month because of it.

Last edited:

Frankdee20

@Frankdee20
How about that Tooth? Did it significantly improve? (Ive been using Amoxicillin)

Thanks for the feedback either way.
I had to get an abscess removed surgically from inside the cheek, I could barely open my mouth and I can’t believe the surgeon was able to execute so proficiently considering he had a half inch of clearance…… he switched the Clindamycin (said nobody even uses that anymore unless you are allergic to amoxicilli) and put me on 7 days of augmentin. All better within one week of the procedure….thanks

serling78

I was prescribed doxy last week by my dermatologist for rosacea. He gave me 100mg tablets which seemed like a high dose and after taking them for 4 days my stomach was messed up (bloating and infrequent bowel movements) and my face was more flushed. I know it increases sensitivity to the sun but I wear sunscreen all the time and it's winter where I live so I've been indoors mostly. I tried a lower dose by cutting the tablet in half but still similar symptoms. I'm having a hard time convincing myself to stick with it.

EvanHinkle

I was prescribed doxy last week by my dermatologist for rosacea. He gave me 100mg tablets which seemed like a high dose and after taking them for 4 days my stomach was messed up (bloating and infrequent bowel movements) and my face was more flushed. I know it increases sensitivity to the sun but I wear sunscreen all the time and it's winter where I live so I've been indoors mostly. I tried a lower dose by cutting the tablet in half but still similar symptoms. I'm having a hard time convincing myself to stick with it.
You may be experiencing endotoxin overload from killing off the bacteria with doxy. Whenever I take antibiotics I take activated charcoal, (typically 2 tablespoons in 8oz of water) ideally 6 hours away from the antibiotic if possible. The charcoal will antagonize the TLR4 (endotoxin) receptor, and bind and eliminate the dead bacterial “bodies” causing the endotoxin, (at least this is my understanding).

LadyRae

You may be experiencing endotoxin overload from killing off the bacteria with doxy. Whenever I take antibiotics I take activated charcoal, (typically 2 tablespoons in 8oz of water) ideally 6 hours away from the antibiotic if possible. The charcoal will antagonize the TLR4 (endotoxin) receptor, and bind and eliminate the dead bacterial “bodies” causing the endotoxin, (at least this is my understanding).
This is such a good idea. Gross, it's like our bodies are a koi pond and if you add something to kill the bacteria you have got to add something to sop up the die-off, like a filter or something 🤢

EvanHinkle

This is such a good idea. Gross, it's like our bodies are a koi pond and if you add something to kill the bacteria you have got to add something to sop up the die-off, like a filter or something 🤢
Yep. I can’t remember where I heard it, but someone described bacteria like; living things poop, get hungry, and die. These are all sources of endotoxin to be addressed. Their waste in you is endotoxin, their starving in you is endotoxin, their dead bodies off-gasing in you is endotoxin.

OP
P

paymanz

serling78

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm a stranger to activated charcoal. Is there anything I should look for when buying? Any good brands on Amazon maybe?

LadyRae

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm a stranger to activated charcoal. Is there anything I should look for when buying? Any good brands on Amazon maybe?

I am currently using this one. I do take some cascara or magnesium oxide before bed to keep things moving as any charcoal tends to slow down transit time for me personally...
Amazon product ASIN B0722T3FXCView: https://www.amazon.com/Large-Less-Mess-Activated-Charcoal-Whitening/dp/B0722T3FXC?pd_rd_w=rQY84&content-id=amzn1.sym.6c9101f8-677d-4b13-9bf0-c7e0d8fdf3bd&pf_rd_p=6c9101f8-677d-4b13-9bf0-c7e0d8fdf3bd&pf_rd_r=MEXNMC7P2Q2Z3NXWKGQ2&pd_rd_wg=aSPqa&pd_rd_r=1e95be4e-f1dc-4cf2-b800-f4c0dfb969ed&pd_rd_i=B0722T3FXC&psc=1&ref_=pd_basp_bia_rpt_ba_s_1_sc#

EvanHinkle

That’s funny, I use the same. I get it in bulk though, (I think it’s a 5lb bag). Never want to be without it again!

EvanHinkle

USP grade is a good way to go, but other than that I can’t think of anything specific. I’ve used many different brands/granule sizes. They all seem to work about the same.

I will say I’m not as big a fan of capsules as I typically like to swish the charcoal water in my mouth a bit, (make sure it’s thoroughly mixed though). You do not want to mistakenly inhale charcoal in powder form. You will cough for hours!

Peater Piper

Possibly not relevant to you, but I found Doxy a lot more tolerable when taken with food (excluding high calcium dairy). I did not do well with water on an empty stomach, Doxy is pretty caustic and when my intestines get inflamed, so does everything else.

LadyRae

Third day on doxycycline here. I woke up in the night with such extreme body aches I thought for sure but I had the worst flu...

Dragged myself to the kitchen and managed to swallow down a spoonful of activated charcoal powder stirred into warm water. Immediately fell back to sleep and 4 hours later I feel fine...

I'm noticing the skin around my mouth and my chin is extra dry. Apparently this is common at first...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals