Low Toxin Diet For those doing porridge without dairy

Peater

I tried sprinkling half a teaspoon of calcium carbonate in while I was cooking it (I cook it low and slow after bringing to a boil) along with salt and some coconut oil.

It was just an experiment regarding any phytic acid content (Calcium carbonate being an alkali) and it really made a difference, the porridge got that pleasing lighter colour and really hearty consistency. Whether it 'reacted' with the oats or something, I don't know.

Total calcium addition wouldn't be much as calcium carbonate contains a smaller amount per mg.

purple pill

hmm...I threw some sodium bicarbonate in mine this morning seemed to have the same effect as you describe. I also find getting the right oat to water ratio when cooking really helps with the digestion too....i've been doing 100g oats to 400ml water, i used to use less water for quickness but doesn't digest as well for me.

OP
P

Peater

hmm...I threw some sodium bicarbonate in mine this morning seemed to have the same effect as you describe. I also find getting the right oat to water ratio when cooking really helps with the digestion too....i've been doing 100g oats to 400ml water, i used to use less water for quickness but doesn't digest as well for me.
Yes I use loads of water, cook it right down but with the calcium it just seemed to have more substance to it rather than being watery like gruel. Thanks for confirming I wasn't imagining it!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Nice!! Gonna give it a try.

Nick

I have been experimenting with the same thing, a little bit of calcium carbonate in oats. It definitely tastes good but I've yet to conclude whether it is currently beneficial for me or not. I'll have to try the sodium bicarbonate version.

Morten

Dont you shift the water next morning after a night of soaking the oats? I thought some of the phytic acid would be released during soaking.

Last edited:
OP
P

Peater

Dont you shift the water next morning after a night of soaking the oats? I thought some of the phytic acid would be released during soaking.
I do if I am cooking oat groats after soaking overnight, but this is just normal oats.

J.R.K

I have been experimenting with the same thing, a little bit of calcium carbonate in oats. It definitely tastes good but I've yet to conclude whether it is currently beneficial for me or not. I'll have to try the sodium bicarbonate version.
I am not sure but I believe calcium supplements are considered toxic by Dr Smith at about the 29:57 mark.

View: https://open.spotify.com/episode/5oeFqndUvcHODXXg0i2gqv?si=4i7F3KXPRN2yTIiDdpdtlg&context=spotify%3Ashow%3A2mzIVuSadF8hfbSNm105bW

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals