Has Anyone Here Successfully Resolved "SIBO" Or Major Stomach Bloating? With Peating Or Anything Els

Barry Obummer

Actually I see this as evidence for the SIBO hypothesis. Alcohol is potently antibacterial. I too have noticed that I have less overt SIBO symptoms some times associated with alcohol consumption. There is history in this as well, the reason beer and wine were so popular in European history was in part due to the anti-septic effect of the ethanol on their dirty water supplies.
Interesting. I am curious of how my digestion would improve taking anti-anxiety meds, but I never had access to them. Can you think of anything else I can take to mimic the effect of alcohol without so many negative side effects, including cost? The good stuff that doesn't cause a hangover is really expensive. I had anorexia for 2 years about 14 years ago, and my digestion has never been the same since. I know coffee helps me too so that's part of the reason I was thinking dopamine. The only thing with coffee is I get hella insomnia. 1/2 cup at 5am can keep me awake till like 3 am the next morning.

Barry Obummer

Yeah you know I can;t find where I saw it. I read it yesterday. I was trying to figure out if zinc and some other vitamin were in tune with each other, then I saw zinc and b6 make stomach acid. I then went and ate a tuna sandwich nad felt my mouth salivating a lot and I felt way, way, way, way better. ALthough.. I'd recommend not doing the supplement and only doing real food sources of it... it seems like some people developed some messed up B vitamin pathways from taking too much..
Yea I was considering Brewer's Yeast.

I can't get enough magnesium - I feel myself constantly craving it, but when I supplement it is always gives me problems.

This was me for nearly two years, could only tolerate the epsom salt baths, everything else made me feel HORRID. It gets better.

Hi thebigpeatowski, were you taking crushed garlic as you wrote on an empty stomach or with / just before meals and did it solve the SIBO/gut issues for you ? TIA

Empty stomach before meals and yes, it cured whatever was growing in my small intestine. It cured the profound gut bloat that would occur way up high in my stomach/small intestines immediately upon eating anything.

It did not fix my colon issue tho, seems like the garlic never made it all the way to my cecum in a powerful enough dose. I took high dose Nystatin for that as I knew by then that it was caused by yeast directly.

Actually I see this as evidence for the SIBO hypothesis. Alcohol is potently antibacterial. I too have noticed that I have less overt SIBO symptoms some times associated with alcohol consumption.

This EXACTLY....there are studies that prove a bit of alcohol in moderation promotes health and longevity.

Barry Obummer

Yeah you know I can;t find where I saw it. I read it yesterday. I was trying to figure out if zinc and some other vitamin were in tune with each other, then I saw zinc and b6 make stomach acid. I then went and ate a tuna sandwich nad felt my mouth salivating a lot and I felt way, way, way, way better. ALthough.. I'd recommend not doing the supplement and only doing real food sources of it... it seems like some people developed some messed up B vitamin pathways from taking too much..
I was thinking about B3 anyways. Sorry for the confusion.

Barry Obummer

Empty stomach before meals and yes, it cured whatever was growing in my small intestine. It cured the profound gut bloat that would occur way up high in my stomach/small intestines immediately upon eating anything.

It did not fix my colon issue tho, seems like the garlic never made it all the way to my cecum in a powerful enough dose. I took high dose Nystatin for that as I knew by then that it was caused by yeast directly.
I think I am going to try this more consistently. Garlic gives me a pleasurable warm sensation in my stomach that I usually associate with/during short stints of good digestion.

OP
F

FredSonoma

face
This was me for nearly two years, could only tolerate the epsom salt baths, everything else made me feel HORRID. It gets better.
What about Mag Cl oil? I don't have a bath in my apartment but if epsom salt baths worked even better than Mag Oil I'd bother to ask to use someone else's bath.

OP
F

FredSonoma

How are you guys taking the aspirin? I use the gericare-dissolve the pills in hot water and filter the starch with a coffee filter and always take it after eating something. Seems to help me if I'm feeling not feeling well. The exception being when I took the crappy pills straight up a couple months ago and when I took it on an empty stomach.

@FredSonoma Have you tried taking magnesium with pregnenolone? Are you taking it as mag bicarb? Helps me alot

I haven't - why would that help? I have tried mag bicarb, and it gives me some issues. Tastes amazing though.

docall18

I am starting to think that stomach bloat may be caused either by hypothyroidism or high cortisol/estrogen (possibly from low thyroid also).

Things that lower adrenaline (or maybe cortisol) (ie.peat foods & supps) reveal underlying low thyroid and could result in bloating.

PeatThemAll

Sometimes I think it might be bacteria and/or yeasts that have made it closer to the stomach than they should have, most probably because of insufficient stomach acid production. Also, food combining makes a difference in my bloating. Any combo that "stays there" too long - fats never help - or that ferment rather than get digested by normal stomach acid (example of the former: everybody recalls burping that extra fruit dessert for hours after a heavy meal).

Barry Obummer

Sometimes I think it might be bacteria and/or yeasts that have made it closer to the stomach than they should have, most probably because of insufficient stomach acid production. Also, food combining makes a difference in my bloating. Any combo that "stays there" too long - fats never help - or that ferment rather than get digested by normal stomach acid (example of the former: everybody recalls burping that extra fruit dessert for hours after a heavy meal).
Yea. I think insufficient stomach acid production (hypochlorhydria) is the bane of health and well-being.

meatbag

I haven't - why would that help? I have tried mag bicarb, and it gives me some issues. Tastes amazing though.

From Haidut
Pregnenolone raises metabolism and ATP production. In the body, magnesium is mostly associated with ATP so lower metabolism means low ATP and less magnesium retention. Thyroid helps with magnesium retention via the same mechanism - i.e. increased ATP. Progesterone does the same. Vitamin B6 also daramatically imrpoves magnesium retention, and in many countries it is sold as a drug in this combination. The effective ratio is 10:1 magnesium : Pyridoxine. If you are using P5P then the ratio can drop to 50:1 or even 100:1. So, taking 5mg P5P and 250mg+ magnesium should strongly improve absorption and have synergistic effects on metabolism.
I don't know the exact dosages for pregnenolone but I think taking 30mg - 50mg with each magnesium dose should be enough.
https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/pregnenolone-should-lower-estrogen-levels.3596/page-4
Pregnenolone (should) Lower Estrogen Levels

I agree 100%. In my experiments, adding 100mg pregnenolone to an oral dose of 1g magnesium oxide or citrate FULLY prevents loose stools. As many of the forum members know, 1g of oral magnesium in a single setting is quite large and almost always produces diarrhea. Pregnenolone metabolizes almost instantly into progesterone and since it is a lipid it does not need to be taken with any food. For even stronger effect take 100mg pregnenolone with the actual magnesium bicarbonate and watch out for the powerful sedative effect that kicks in within 10min. Both progesterone and magnesium are strong sedatives and since progesterone improves magnesium retention you may even get knocked out for a few hours.

I experiment with all kinds of administration routes, but as far as the magnesium experiment goes I did take it orally. I took 100mg pregnenolone and 1g magneisum oxide. Without the pregnenolone I would always get diarrhea from MagOx since it is not absorbed very well.
https://raypeatforum.com/community/...nate-for-raising-temperature-metabolism.7188/
Stoking The Furnace — Magnesium & Bicarbonate For Raising Temperature & Metabolism

I've tried adding stressnon to magbicarb the past couple days and it does work. I have some preg. powder coming in since peat said it could be helpful so I'm hoping it will absorb even better with 100mg+ of preg

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals