Help with numbness and pins-and-needles feeling

AlaskaJono

I have seen that kind of presentation of numbness/tingling mostly due to musculoskeletal misalignment or tension. I personally would rule out low back issues before taking antibiotics or mega vitamins. It is the classic L4/5 dermatome presentation.
A good Osteo or Chiro or Acu may be able to sort it quickly. Deep tissue massage as well. Also re check your sleeping bed, after 10 years most expensive mattresses or cushions are done. Much less for cheaper ones. And you said above (I believe) that you sleep in a recliner? Check the “cushioning” as it may be time for a new one, or add a thin firm foam slice for sleeping. And the suggestion for exercises above specific for your situation is a most excellent advice.

P

Peatness

The problem with massage/osteopathy etc is finding someone who has not been 'vaccinated'. My experience with my pfizer 'vaccinated' osteopath has made me cautious of close contact until we have more details.

rei

fascial tension is the root cause. Especially obvious in these kinds of issues with difference between left and right side of the body.

Full iron panel is warranted.

AlaskaJono

The problem with massage/osteopathy etc is finding someone who has not been 'vaccinated'. My experience with my pfizer 'vaccinated' osteopath has made me cautious of close contact until we have more details.
Good point. I “forgot” about the demic situation, momentarily I assure you. “Local conditions” may dictate choices as always.

Also as K mentionied above the Oriental Medicine particularly Acupuncture may assist.

OP
ecstatichamster
So here's what I'm doing.

1. antibiotics didn't do anything. I use the carrot salad in any event.

2. I have some eccentric exercises that Mr. Physio (Jason Lee) gave me. I am starting those this morning on the sciatica theory of misalignment, hip issues.

3. I am taking a new stack:
1000mg thiamine HCl twice a day

and once a day:
10mg B6 P5P
100mg niacinamide
sublingual methylcobalamin 5000% of RDA

I'll get some benfotiamine and try that as well.

My theory is a deficiency of B1 and perhaps B12, dunno why but the symptoms are somewhat of a match.

I also have some of the numbness in my right foot which reinforces the vitamin theory a little bit.

All your ideas are more than welcome, a huge thank you and keep up the ideas.

Beastmode

So here's what I'm doing.

1. antibiotics didn't do anything. I use the carrot salad in any event.

2. I have some eccentric exercises that Mr. Physio (Jason Lee) gave me. I am starting those this morning on the sciatica theory of misalignment, hip issues.

3. I am taking a new stack:
1000mg thiamine HCl twice a day

and once a day:
10mg B6 P5P
100mg niacinamide
sublingual methylcobalamin 5000% of RDA

I'll get some benfotiamine and try that as well.

My theory is a deficiency of B1 and perhaps B12, dunno why but the symptoms are somewhat of a match.

I also have some of the numbness in my right foot which reinforces the vitamin theory a little bit.

All your ideas are more than welcome, a huge thank you and keep up the ideas.
Progesterone, thyroid, baking soda were the main 3 Peat suggested to me for something related. He also mentioned sun exposure.

Also, it's worth tracking your body temp throughout this as if it's much higher than usual, it could be a reaction to an infection. That's what happened to me. It was about .5+ degrees higher over a 3-4 day period. The numbness started to cease a bit more when the temp went back down to my normal baseline.

A doctor would suggest an MRI. Peat says to keep track of these things that are accessible anywhere and typically a much better indicator of the system. Great learning experience here.

OP
ecstatichamster
Progesterone, thyroid, baking soda were the main 3 Peat suggested to me for something related. He also mentioned sun exposure.

thanks. I’m not getting enough sun. I don’t like baking soda but I can try. I’m good in thyroid and progesterone.

Epeatcurious

Maybe something like POTS or dysatonomia? Try drinking water with salt to see if it helps. And avoiding things that are vasolidators like magnesium.

Beastmode

ahh. Yes. Thank you. Strangely my temps during peak day is 99.3F. A bit higher than normal. Hmmmm.
Please let me know if you notice any change in symptoms as your temps go back to your "normal."

Be weary of any mechanical strategy (i.e- stretching, etc) as it can irritate a system that's already in a "stressed" state. Exploring ranges of motion at the joint level can great if done pain free, exploratory and under your body's full control.

K

Kaur Singh

Also, it's worth tracking your body temp throughout this as if it's much higher than usual, it could be a reaction to an infection. That's what happened to me. It was about .5+ degrees higher over a 3-4 day period. The numbness started to cease a bit more when the temp went back down to my normal baseline.

A doctor would suggest an MRI. Peat says to keep track of these things that are accessible anywhere and typically a much better indicator of the system. Great learning experience here.
hi - were you on thyroid when your temperature spiked .5+ degrees (C or F?) ?
or ovulating?

OP
ecstatichamster
If you're always on thyroid, do you check your total cholesterol regularly? The worst numbness I've ever had was when my cholesterol got down to 130.

no I haven’t. I used to have 280 total cholesterol before starting thyroid. I eat a lot of fructose and eggs.

Beastmode

hi - were you on thyroid when your temperature spiked .5+ degrees (C or F?) ?
or ovulating?
I was and have been for the past 4 years. I didn't take anymore than usual during the spike in temp. I took a bit more T3 during this time, but not in proportion to the sudden the increase in temp.

I'm a man.

SOMO

Occam's razor: Are your shoes too tight?

There's a lot of literature out there about Vit B5 and Carnitine in regards to nerve issues. I would start with the phosphorylated form of B5 P5P.

Also if you're consuming a lot of carbohydrate, I would also suggest B1 which is depleted by carb intake and can cause these "nerve symptoms."

OP
ecstatichamster
Occam's razor: Are your shoes too tight?

There's a lot of literature out there about Vit B5 and Carnitine in regards to nerve issues. I would start with the phosphorylated form of B5 P5P.

Also if you're consuming a lot of carbohydrate, I would also suggest B1 which is depleted by carb intake and can cause these "nerve symptoms."

that is possible. I'm taking a lot more thiamine. What is B5 P5P? Do you mean B6?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals