How Do You Cut T3 To 1mcg/2mcg

Hi

How do you cut t3 to 1 mcg to 2 mcg

25mcg if cut by 4s = 6.25mcg,

if by 8s = 3.1

So half the 3.1? Wouldnt that be powdery, very very small?

aguilaroja

Hi
25mcg if cut by 4s = 6.25mcg, if by 8s = 3.1

Dr. Peat used to speak of “nibbling” on a Cytomel (liothyronine) tablet to get a small dose.

It seems difficult to consistently split 25 mcg tablets beyond one-quarter, into eights and sixteenth. Those I know looking to get small amounts nibble off a portion of a tablet. Little of the tablet is lost as powder that way. It is not super exact, but it seems to provide effect.

Some brands of Cytomel (liothyronine) are available in a 5 mcg (microgram) tablet. It is more convenient for dividing small amounts. But the out of pocket cost is higher, in terms of price per microgram of ingredient.

An Interview With Dr. Raymond Peat: A Renowned Nutritional Counselor Offers His Thoughts About Thyroid Disease / Thyroid Disease Information Source - Articles/FAQs
“Mary Shomon: You have recommended if supplemental T3 is used, a thyroid patients "nibble on a 10-15 mg Cytomel tablet throughout the day." Can you explain why? Would compounded time-released T3 as available in some compounding pharmacies do the same?

"Dr. Ray Peat: Most hypothyroid people can successfully use a supplement that contains four parts of thyroxine for each part of T3, but some people need a larger proportion of T3 for best functioning. The body normally produces several micrograms of T3 every hour, but if a large amount of supplementary thyroid is taken in a short time, the liver quickly inactivates some of the excess T3. Taking a few micrograms per hour provides what the body can use, and doesn't suppress either the liver's or the thyroid's production of the hormone.”

sele

Hi

25mcg if cut by 4s = 6.25mcg,

if by 8s = 3.1

There's no perfect way but to use a nail cutter or x-acto knife.

aguilaroja

By the way, doctors and pharmacists seem to think it is impossible that a person could divide a tablet into quarters. Every pharmacy has refused to fill it. So I always ask l for prescription with dosing instructions for whole pills, or at most half pills when the tablet is scored. There is an understanding with the doctor that an adult can actually divide things into fractions.

(Yes, some “slow/extended release” pharmaceuticals are coated differently, but for other substances it is possible to divide things.)

Wilfrid

If by any chance you are living in Europe, you can buy an italian product called Liotir which contains 0,7 mcg of T3 per drops.
A doctor's prescription is often needed but in some pharmacy they will sell it to you without needed one.
The product is made by IBSA labs, you can try to email them and see if they can help you finding an international retailer if you are living outside Italy.
The other option is to crush any T3 containing pill into a fine powder and using a micro-spoon ( I think Health natura is selling one of those ) and try to evaluate a dose of 1-2 mcg per serving

Last edited:
Too bad the liquid product will go bad after few weeks and the measuring spoon is not accurate at all. How do you measure the quantity considering the excipients lmao

Wilfrid

I keep the bottle in the fridge and never had any problem with the product shelf-life.
In France, you can also find a liquid product made by SERB labs that most doctors prescribes to children and infants with hypo symptoms and as far as I know the product is working too and still does after few months of use if you keep it in the fridge....
As for the pill/excipients thing, I simply crush 1 pill and I count how many measuring spoon I need to use per crushing pill. Excipients or not, if I need, for example, 10 measuring spoon per 1 pill crushed that contains 10 mcg of T3, I know that I got around 1 mcg per serving spoon....excipients or not...there are still present either if you crush the pill into a powder or cut it plain into a 1/4.
And you are not arrogant at all, by the way.

Last edited:

tara

Pill splitter. Down to 1/4ths is easy. 1/8ths a bit imprecise. 1/16ths or 1/24ths is very imprecise, but probably still near enough to be useful.

EIRE24

If by any chance you are living in Europe, you can buy an italian product called Liotir which contains 0,7 mcg of T3 per drops.
A doctor's prescription is often needed but in some pharmacy they will sell it to you without needed one.
The product is made by IBSA labs, you can try to email them and see if they can help you finding an international retailer if you are living outside Italy.
The other option is to crush any T3 containing pill into a fine powder and using a micro-spoon ( I think Health natura is selling one of those ) and try to evaluate a dose of 1-2 mcg per serving
You use this product and have had success with it?

Sheik

Crush the tablet into a powder on a hard surface, mix it around, use a razor blade to divide it into even piles.

@John Frusciante Do Haidut's thyroid products also go bad after a few weeks?

Wilfrid

You use this product and have had success with it?
I currently use Liotir and bought it last year. I find it very effective.
I use different kind of t4:t3 ratio as well as differents thyroid hormones products ( Liotir, liquid T4 by Serb, Euthyral and Levothyrox .)
Lately, I came to the conclusion that I need a higher t4 to t3 ratio, much more like Kenneth Blanchard recommend in his book ( I use around 0,350 mcg of T3 per 25 mcg of T4). And Liotir helps me to achieve this ratio. If you need a contact as to get Liotir overseas you can PM me and I will give you the email of my contact in IBSA or either a contact to an italian pharmacy that could ship the product overseas.

marsaday

Very easy to get in 1/8th size. Use a stanley blade (a knife in the uk used in construction, probe have them in the USA).

1/4's are very easy and the 1/8th is a pretty good cut as well. This is the lowest i can go. Use two hands and apply pressure downwards on the tablet set on a table.

EIRE24

I currently use Liotir and bought it last year. I find it very effective.
I use different kind of t4:t3 ratio as well as differents thyroid hormones products ( Liotir, liquid T4 by Serb, Euthyral and Levothyrox .)
Lately, I came to the conclusion that I need a higher t4 to t3 ratio, much more like Kenneth Blanchard recommend in his book ( I use around 0,350 mcg of T3 per 25 mcg of T4). And Liotir helps me to achieve this ratio. If you need a contact as to get Liotir overseas you can PM me and I will give you the email of my contact in IBSA or either a contact to an italian pharmacy that could ship the product overseas.
They would ship overseas without a prescription? I want to start using thyroid I have never used it before but I was looking at maybe haiduts products but the one you use sounds really good?

Elize

A qaurter grain (16.25 mg) 9.5 mcg T4, 2.25 mcg T3. Nature Throid

How about cutting it in half. You get some T4 as well though..

Elize

Wilfrid

Using a metallic nail file on the cynomel tablet could be very helpful as well, to get very small amount of T3.

Waynish

I could even feel one drop of Tyronene Diluted in 1 bottle of SolBan, if I sprayed myself a few times... Pretty crazy.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals