How to eat Starchy foods without problems.

Andy316

I get Brainfog, joint/muscle/back pains, stomach bloating and fatigue when consuming any starchy foods. Concentrated starch powders are the worst. I have tried most hacks to make them tolerable - rinsing starchy veggies thoroughly, boiling/pressure cooking, removing starch water after cooking - Nothing has worked. I have tried B1 supplementation which I read somewhere helps, but hasn't worked at all for me. The only rice type I can eat which gives me 50% less issues is Parboiled rice.

Any hacks how people on RP forum have that helps them eat starch without issues?

I am Hypothyroid, have EBV and minor Histamine/Mast cell issues, No Diabetes.

Making sure starches are organic would be my first suggestion. And trying sprouted grains would be my second.

HumanLife

The fresher, the better for the digestive system. Otherwise they will become more resistant. If you sleep well you can give your digestive system more energy to digest them.

a carrot salad, or well cooked bamboo shoot salad, or mushrooms well cooked chopped, is very helpful for this.

GTW

A few takeaways from "Glucose Goddess" Glucose Revolution:
Clothe the carbs ie eat with or following protein and fat
Eat carbs with vinegar
(I read the $2 Kindle summary outline!)

OP
A

Andy316

A few takeaways from "Glucose Goddess" Glucose Revolution:
Clothe the carbs ie eat with or following protein and fat
Eat carbs with vinegar
(I read the $2 Kindle summary outline!)
I include protein and fat with every meal. Vinegar is an issue for me due to Histamine and Glutamate.

GTW

I include protein and fat with every meal. Vinegar is an issue for me due to Histamine and Glutamate.
There are different vinegars. I find Japanese rice\sake vinegar less problematic. And maybe other organic acids like lemon juice would act similarly?

Morten

Forum Supporter
I get Brainfog, joint/muscle/back pains, stomach bloating and fatigue when consuming any starchy foods. Concentrated starch powders are the worst. I have tried most hacks to make them tolerable - rinsing starchy veggies thoroughly, boiling/pressure cooking, removing starch water after cooking - Nothing has worked. I have tried B1 supplementation which I read somewhere helps, but hasn't worked at all for me. The only rice type I can eat which gives me 50% less issues is Parboiled rice.

Any hacks how people on RP forum have that helps them eat starch without issues?

I am Hypothyroid, have EBV and minor Histamine/Mast cell issues, No Diabetes.
Yes, really really well cooked rice gives me no problem. Soaked for 24 hours(shift water 2 -3 times), and I shift the water once even when I cook it. I add at least double up on water, so it becomes like porridge. White basmati Rice....

lamassu

sorry that was a couple things in one. 1) insoluble fiber or antibiotics as some of these problems could be related to gut bacteria/dysbioses 2) eating starches very well cooked and with ample fat/butter

Last edited:

Morten

Forum Supporter
sorry that was a couple things in one. 1) insoluble fiber for antibiotics as some of these problems could be related to gut bacteria/dysbioses 2) eating starches very well cooked and with ample fat/butter
👍👍

mostlylurking

I get Brainfog, joint/muscle/back pains, stomach bloating and fatigue when consuming any starchy foods. Concentrated starch powders are the worst. I have tried most hacks to make them tolerable - rinsing starchy veggies thoroughly, boiling/pressure cooking, removing starch water after cooking - Nothing has worked. I have tried B1 supplementation which I read somewhere helps, but hasn't worked at all for me.
What B1 supplement did you try, how much did you take? Did you take it with water, at least 30 minutes from consuming any carbohydrates?

Do you drink coffee? Tea?

You are describing the symptoms of thiamine deficiency. Eating carbohydrates makes it worse.

Why would you want to eat "concentrated starch powders"?

GreekDemiGod

Might be too early to draw conclusions, but I believe reintroducing bread is restoring my erection hardness and also giving me more frequent morning erections.
I woke up with an erection for the past 3 mornings, and the only things I did were eating bread and Pansterone/ Kuinone on the scrotum and navel. But I was taking Pans/ Kuin before too, and it didn't have that effect, except sometimes it did.

Soaked for 24 hours(shift water 2 -3 times
Is soaking really that important?

Morten

Forum Supporter
according to the tests thats made, it is....

Personally I feel that well done and soaked rice works fantastic.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals