Low Toxin Logs Hypervitaminosis A — A Case Study Of Myself

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

I’m not sure that the standard view of t3/t4 or any thyroid labs are correct.

What are your basal temps and heart rates?

Have you read Broda Barnes’ book on thyroid?
Body temp around 37.0 C. Got a 24h-blood pressure reading yesterday. Mean pulse is 75; and my mean blood pressure was alarmingly at 150/90 mmHg and I was just chilling and walking that day.

Yes I have read Broda Barnes book.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Will discuss blood pressure medication with my doctor today. Any ideas what to use? I am thinking about using an ARB..

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Got perscribed an ACE inhibitor - ramipril (2.5mg) today for the next 2 weeks to see if it lowers BP. Will start with it tomorrow morning.

I will try to get my doctor to rather prescribe me an ARB - Telmisartan (Micardis) instead.

scrubolio

Body temp around 37.0 C. Got a 24h-blood pressure reading yesterday. Mean pulse is 75; and my mean blood pressure was alarmingly at 150/90 mmHg and I was just chilling and walking that day.

Barnes and RP talk quite a bit about thyroid, salt, and other things that can reduce BP.

Are your hands and feet cold? body temp of 37 is spot on, wonder if its being raised by cortisol/adrenalin.

anyways, you probably know what you're doing, hope you find what works!

Dr. B

Barnes and RP talk quite a bit about thyroid, salt, and other things that can reduce BP.

Are your hands and feet cold? body temp of 37 is spot on, wonder if its being raised by cortisol/adrenalin.

anyways, you probably know what you're doing, hope you find what works!
adrenaline actually lowers body temp but increases heart rate?
corttisol lowers heart rate, increases body temp?

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

No cold hands or feet. Feeling pretty warm even at cold temperatures in germany. I sleep with the windows open through the night, while it‘s frosty outside.

redsun

Do you genuinely think you need blood pressure medication?

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Do you genuinely think you need blood pressure medication?
I have watched it creep up over the last 2-3 months. I was pretty consistently around 140/80 to 160/90. I have a blood pressure device at home and measure it almost daily if not multiple times daily.

Only high dosed vitamin D (40K IU/d) seem to bring it close to 120/80, but I am scared off the fat-soluble vitamins for now, so just staying within the recommended limits.

I have a long family history of hypertension, but don‘t know if thats a valid point to make.

P

Peatness

Have you tried taurine?

redsun

I have watched it creep up over the last 2-3 months. I was pretty consistently around 140/80 to 160/90. I have a blood pressure device at home and measure it almost daily if not multiple times daily.

Only high dosed vitamin D (40K IU/d) seem to bring it close to 120/80, but I am scared off the fat-soluble vitamins for now, so just staying within the recommended limits.

I have a long family history of hypertension, but don‘t know if thats a valid point to make.
Thats probably true and something to consider. But also it could be something your taking that could be exacerbating it. Or your diet's carb to protein ratio could pose a problem.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Have you tried taurine?
Yes I tried it. It seems to aggravate my symptoms. It‘s concerning to me that taurine + vitamin A resulted in raised serum vitamin A in comparison to vitamin A alone. When vitamin A in the serum raises it causes the wicked symptoms.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Thats probably true and something to consider. But also it could be something your taking that could be exacerbating it. Or your diet's carb to protein ratio could pose a problem.
I think the vitamin A excess is probably the root of the hypertension.

I increased my dietary calcium lately to 1-2 grams/d which seems to help blood pressure a little bit, but nowhere near healthy BP. Magnesium does not do anything, maybe even cause an increase in BP at times.

Zinc + P5P seems to bring it down considerably somehow.

P

Peatness

Yes I tried it. It seems to aggravate my symptoms. It‘s concerning to me that taurine + vitamin A resulted in raised serum vitamin A in comparison to vitamin A alone. When vitamin A in the serum raises it causes the wicked symptoms.
I'm in the same situation as you. I have a family history of hypertension. For a while I couldn't work out if I have vitamin A deficiency or toxicity. Now I think it's the latter. My blood pressure has not come down even with medication neither have the various remedies I have been using for years made significant difference. My LDL is slightly elevated. It’s been a year since I started using thyroid. My blood pressure remains stubbornly high. I’m starting to calcify my soft tissue. Medication can bring it’s own problems. You are still very young so do your best to lower it without meds.

redsun

I think the vitamin A excess is probably the root of the hypertension.

I increased my dietary calcium lately to 1-2 grams/d which seems to help blood pressure a little bit, but nowhere near healthy BP. Magnesium does not do anything, maybe even cause an increase in BP at times.

Zinc + P5P seems to bring it down considerably somehow.
Zinc increases cholinergic and dopaminergic activity. Both help antagonize norepinephrine when in excess which is a major contributor to hypertension. P5P raises dopamine and serotonin. Serotonin also helps antagonize norepinephrine. This is probably why vitamin D helps you as well since it upregulates the rate-limiting step in serotonin synthesis.

Yeh if magnesium is worsening it sometimes then I would avoid.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Zinc increases cholinergic and dopaminergic activity. Both help antagonize norepinephrine when in excess which is a major contributor to hypertension. P5P raises dopamine and serotonin. Serotonin also helps antagonize norepinephrine. This is probably why vitamin D helps you as well since it upregulates the rate-limiting step in serotonin synthesis.

Yeh if magnesium is worsening it sometimes then I would avoid.
What would be beneficial compounds working in the same direction as zinc and P5P - raising acetylcholine and opposing sympathetic drive?

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

I'm in the same situation as you. I have a family history of hypertension. For a while I couldn't work out if I have vitamin A deficiency or toxicity. Now I think it's the latter. My blood pressure has not come down even with medication neither have the various remedies I have been using for years made significant difference. My LDL is slightly elevated. It’s been a year since I started using thyroid. My blood pressure remains stubbornly high. I’m starting to calcify my soft tissue. Medication can bring it’s own problems. You are still very young so do your best to lower it without meds.
Oh wow. What meds have you tried for bringing down the blood pressure?

P

Peatness

Oh wow. What meds have you tried for bringing down the blood pressure?
I did try 2 types of calcium channel blockers but the side effects were too much and I didn't last long on them. I'm on telmisartan and I haven't tolerated it well. It lowers zinc levels and many other nutrients. I feel trapped because I can't come off it . I may have to try a different calcium channel blocker if I get desperate.

redsun

What would be beneficial compounds working in the same direction as zinc and P5P - raising acetylcholine and opposing sympathetic drive?
All the B-complex vitamins work in this direction as well as vitamin E. You should not take more than 400IU if you take it as it thins the blood. High doses of B complex vitamins can cause more frequent blood sugar drops thus it can be triggering for blood pressure but not lower doses. They sell 100% RDA B-complex supplements that contained decent amounts that will help and contribute to total B-vitamin intake without the risk of excess.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

I did try 2 types of calcium channel blockers but the side effects were too much and I didn't last long on them. I'm on telmisartan and I haven't tolerated it well. It lowers zinc levels and many other nutrients. I feel trapped because I can't come off it . I may have to try a different calcium channel blocker if I get desperate.
Oh I am really sorry to hear that. What are the sides of telmisartan you experience?

I will report back who I feel on ramipril, which I took my first dose this morning.

This morning my BP was 150/70 before taking med.
Just took my BP a few minutes ago and it‘s 130/70 now.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

All the B-complex vitamins work in this direction as well as vitamin E. You should not take more than 400IU if you take it as it thins the blood. High doses of B complex vitamins can cause more frequent blood sugar drops thus it can be triggering for blood pressure but not lower doses. They sell 100% RDA B-complex supplements that contained decent amounts that will help and contribute to total B-vitamin intake without the risk of excess.
Pure Encapsulations have a decent B Complex with 200-300 % RDA of activitated B‘s.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals