Low Toxin Logs Hypervitaminosis A — A Case Study Of Myself

P

Peatness

Oh I am really sorry to hear that. What are the sides of telmisartan you experience?

I will report back who I feel on ramipril, which I took my first dose this morning.

This morning my BP was 150/70 before taking med.
Just took my BP a few minutes ago and it‘s 130/70 now.
Taste disturbances which I think is the zinc lowering effect. Muscle weakness, this started within a week of being on it. Which zinc are you using?

redsun

Pure Encapsulations have a decent B Complex with 200-300 % RDA of activitated B‘s.
Yes that would be good. In my experience the high doses will increase cholinergic activity too much, causing low BP and orthostatic hypotension. Vitamin E is even more effective than the B-vitamins at raising cholinergic activity but too much E is dangerous as a blood thinner. I think you used to take really high vitamin E doses and it could have contributed to some of your issues in the past. 400 IU is the max I would recommend.

InChristAlone

Dr. Gominak found with high D levels so many repairs are being made in the body that it causes a vitamin B5 deficiency which could result in high blood pressure. B5 isn't given much attention on this forum because Peat doesn't think it's important, but she found it was hugely important. Low B5 results in low acetylcholine and too much sympathetic tone.

Dr. B

Dr. Gominak found with high D levels so many repairs are being made in the body that it causes a vitamin B5 deficiency which could result in high blood pressure. B5 isn't given much attention on this forum because Peat doesn't think it's important, but she found it was hugely important. Low B5 results in low acetylcholine and too much sympathetic tone.
the supplements cause hair loss, its in high amounts in liver and milk whereas apparently b2 can be broken down from light, b6 degrades with pasteurization, b1 isnt present much in liver/milk or is also degraded with heat. b3 and biotin are harder to attain but maybe its because tryptophan and gut bacteria can make them

redsun

the supplements cause hair loss, its in high amounts in liver and milk whereas apparently b2 can be broken down from light, b6 degrades with pasteurization, b1 isnt present much in liver/milk or is also degraded with heat. b3 and biotin are harder to attain but maybe its because tryptophan and gut bacteria can make them
In high doses b5 could for some people but not if taken with biotin and other Bs and in reasonable amounts.

Apple

Hence we have to avoid supplementing vit D otherwise we can get vitamin B5 deficiency because of too many repairs in the body ?

Dr. B

In high doses b5 could for some people but not if taken with biotin and other Bs and in reasonable amounts.
yeah it seems resistant to pasteurization, it remains in high amounts in liver, milk, meat etc. whereas some like b1, b6 seem very tough to get the rdas of. riboflavin is in high amounts in foods but the measurements dont account for it breaking down in light.

P

Peatness

Hence we have to avoid supplementing vit D otherwise we can get vitamin B5 deficiency because of too many repairs in the body ?
Dr Gominak does suggest supplementing vitamin B with D. She also believes in testing the D levels on a regular basis if supplementing.

From her website

Vitamin D affects intestinal bacteria and the production of B vitamins:

The 8 B vitamins that we need have always been supplied by the “healthy” summer intestinal bacteria. In fact, we normally trade the bacteria our vitamin D for the B’s they produce. But when we don’t have enough D to pass down to them the good bacteria die off and are replaced by the “winter” bacteria who can’t make B vitamins. Therefore Vitamin D deficiency is usually a combination of D and B vitamin deficiencies.

Her article on Pantothenic Acid

Attachments

• Gominak-pantothenic-acid-deficiency in Vit D deficiency.pdf
    10.1 MB · Views: 34

aniciete

Yes, sorry in that comment i meant If i was in his place i would eat that :)) i don't eat this, i eat high dairy diet in fact, milk,cheese ,beef, chocolate,jam,coffee,occasional eggs,honey.
In the last three years on average i ate like this,i think calcium and vitamin D are the main things for bone health.
Do you take any supplements to fill in gaps? Your diet looks like it’s lacking vit k, e, and some b vitamins

Cloudhands

i took duck eggs out of my diet, and added in regular eggs and shrimp, both for their choline, and i am visibly losing belly fat everyday, very quickly. i was getting vitamin A toxicity symptoms as well, but im also definitely decicient, ironically. I just had some liver fat to get rid of. I munch on baby carrots, eat shrimp and eggs, and its melting off surprisingly quickly, all while still eating 3100 calories a day including 7oz of haagen dasz every night lol

sousfifre96

watch your copper + zinc levels

Last edited:

Vileplume

i took duck eggs out of my diet, and added in regular eggs and shrimp, both for their choline, and i am visibly losing belly fat everyday, very quickly. i was getting vitamin A toxicity symptoms as well, but im also definitely decicient, ironically. I just had some liver fat to get rid of. I munch on baby carrots, eat shrimp and eggs, and its melting off surprisingly quickly, all while still eating 3100 calories a day including 7oz of haagen dasz every night lol
How many BCpD (baby carrots per day) you averagin', brah?

Vileplume

depends on how many i remember to eat, so if im really busy ill eat 5 in one sitting usually, but if im free ill have like 10 BCPD in like 2 servings.
Nice. I got inspired by reading about Marilyn Monroe's purported diet, which included a good supply of carrots, lots of animal protein, and dairy.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Currently eating lots of soluble fiber and actually feeling great with it. I feel like my gut flora is adapting to it and I surprisingly don‘t have digestive irritation from it - maybe a bit more farting, but this is to be expected if your gut flora adapted to a low fiber for so long.
But I am happy for having 3-4 great bowel movements a day currently. Pooping regularly is the most important for detoxification.

I am eating lots of basmati rice, organic black beans and lean beef. I also enjoy cooked oatmeal with low vitamin A fruits like peeled apples, kiwis, bananas, blueberries.

Supplement-wise I currently only use NAC (3x800mg), CDP-choline (2x1g) and magnesium (dosed to bowel tolerance) regularly. Here and there some B vitamins.
No fat-soluble‘s for now. Will wait 1-2 months to let my vitamin D drop to 50ng/ml, then continue with a maintenance dose.

Dr. B

Currently eating lots of soluble fiber and actually feeling great with it. I feel like my gut flora is adapting to it and I surprisingly don‘t have digestive irritation from it - maybe a bit more farting, but this is to be expected if your gut flora adapted to a low fiber for so long.
But I am happy for having 3-4 great bowel movements a day currently. Pooping regularly is the most important for detoxification.

I am eating lots of basmati rice, organic black beans and lean beef. I also enjoy cooked oatmeal with low vitamin A fruits like peeled apples, kiwis, bananas, blueberries.

Supplement-wise I currently only use NAC (3x800mg), CDP-choline (2x1g) and magnesium (dosed to bowel tolerance) regularly. Here and there some B vitamins.
No fat-soluble‘s for now. Will wait 1-2 months to let my vitamin D drop to 50ng/ml, then continue with a maintenance dose.
why those two supplements and in high doses i heard Peat does not want nac or cysteine or choline supplemented!

InChristAlone

Thought you mind find this book interesting, Folk Medicine by D.C. Jarvis, MD. It has a section on high blood pressure:

"Few problems are of more importance than the treatment of high blood pressure. It is both a common and a serious condition. There is almost certainly a relationship between increased blood pressure and an individual's adjustment to his environment.

When the demands of environment are not beyond his capacity to meet them, the individual lives a strenuous, successful life with the usual life expectancy. When the demands seem excessive, however, and the individual does not know how to adapt himself to them, his body mechanism falls out of balance; as it does so, sustained high blood pressure may be one of the manifest signs.

High blood pressure as a problem of health is growing in importance, since it is an associated factor in three fourths of the yearly deaths due to heart and kidney disease. Whether high blood pressure is a disease or a symptom is a much-debated question. When we know the cause of the clinical condition, we look upon the associated high blood pressure as a symptom; when we do not know the cause we look on the high blood pressure as the disease itself.

Individuals with high blood pressure are usually divided into two groups. When its cause cannot be attributed to a known disease the term essential hypertension is employed, The condition is often referred to as primary high blood pressure. When a demonstrated cause can be observed; the term secondary high blood pressure is used.

From medical literature on the subject the mechanism seems clear by which blood pressure is elevated to essential hypertension. Throughout the body an increased resistance is offered to the flow of blood through the small blood vessels called arterioles. In the early stages of hypertension the constriction of these arterioles is easily reversible and during sleep the blood pressure returns to normal, indicating relaxation of the arterioles.

However, in most cases this reversibility is lost as time passes, and rest will not cause the blood pressure to return to normal. According to organized medicine arteriolar constriction in high blood pressure appears to have two main explanations. One attributes the state to overactivity of the sympathetic nervous system, which organizes the body for fight or flight and causes widespread constriction of the arterioles. The second explanation is that chemical substances circulate in the blood and produce a narrowing of the arterioles.

Continued contact with patients showing high blood pressure suggests that in most of them a strong personality factor is presented. The majority of patients having essential hypertension are dynamic, hard-driving, non-procrastinating, with the desire and ability to accomplish much in a short space of time. This is the race-horse type of individual. Careful questioning of the individual and his relatives generally reveals that this personality has not developed after the high blood pressure but represents natural tendencies seen in the individual as far back as can be remembered.

When individuals with high blood pressure are studied from week to week, on the basis of being seen one or more times a week for one or more years, a number of things about high blood pressure will be learned. It will be observed, for example, that it is not a fixed physiologic constant but varies from day to day and week to week. The variation occurs with physical activity, rest, ingestion of foods, weather, pain, nervous stress and strain. Especially are weather changes an influence. Blood pressure is highest in cold weather, lowest in warm. Here in Vermont it is highest during January and February, lowest in July and August. The first few readings taken in a doctor's office are very apt to be close to the maximum pressure because of apprehension in the individual, and his natural tension during a physical examination. Such readings are not necessarily representative of the individual's blood pressure level under ordinary circumstances. As individual and examiner become better acquainted the individual is no longer affected by this initial tension.

When high blood pressure is present, what attitude does Vermont folk medicine take?

Nature's arranged plan for man provides for a food in take represented by fruits, berries, edible leaves, and honey, that is rich in carbohydrates rather than a food intake, rep resented by eggs, meat, milk, cheese, peas, beans, and nuts, that is rich in proteins. Man takes his first step toward high blood pressure when he changes his plan to a low carbohydrate-high protein daily food intake. He makes this change to increased protein intake in order to create within his body the needed energy to meet the more exacting needs of an increased tempo of living. We find this organizing of the body illustrated, for example, when African tribes kill and eat a cow before starting on a lion hunt for the purpose of getting rid of lions which prey on livestock and members of the tribe. By eating the protein represented by the meat they have better organized their bodies for the aggressive action constituting the hunt.

Now an increased daily intake of protein would not be harmful if the increased alkalinity of the blood it produced was offset by a corresponding increase of acid in organic form, such as apple cider vinegar, apples, grapes, cranberries, or their juices. The blood is always alkaline in reaction. But this alkalinity may be increased or decreased. If alkalinity is increased, the blood thickens and precipitates its solids in tiny flakes. The walls of the tiny blood vessels in the arterial tree allow the fluid part of the blood to pass through similar in manner to the way ink will pass through blotting paper. But thickened blood will not pass through the blotting-paper-like walls of the tiny blood vessels as easily as it should. The little flakes plug some of the tiny blood vessels and after a time there is a backing-up of the blood, with a resulting increase in blood pressure.

What does Vermont folk medicine say to do about this?

1. Increase the daily intake of acid in organic form. This may be in the form of apples, grapes, cranberries or their juices. Each day you would need to take the equivalent of four glasses of juice. This may be with or without meals, at the time most convenient for you. If you use apple cider vinegar as the source of acid, take two teaspoonfuls in a glass of water.
2. You should review your daily food intake and determine the comparison between its protein and carbohydrate content. If the protein is higher, try to better balance the two.
3. Exchange wheat foods for corn. As the kidneys are spill over organs, the alkaline urine reaction produced by wheat foods, refined sugar, and meat is a sign that the blood wishes to reduce its alkaline content.
4. Common table salt attracts and holds fluid in the body; hence salty foods should be given up by those having high blood pressure. Any individual is familiar with the desire to drink water after taking salty foods. Part of the additional fluid demanded by the salt is held in the blood stream until it can be eliminated from the body, and this holding of excess fluid in the blood stream produces a rise in blood pressure. If salt and salty foods are given up the blood will readily give up the excess fluid and the blood pressure will drop to the extent for which the salt intake was responsible.

The effect of honey is quite opposite. Honey is a magnet for water. If it is taken at each meal it draws excess fluid from the blood, lowering blood pressure and, being helpfully sedative, alleviating any tension disturbing the nervous system.

A Vermont woman showed an unusually high blood pressure reading of nearly 300 when it was taken at a nationally known clinic. The staff was surprised that she was even alive. However, by controlling the alkalinity of her blood in the manner taught by Vermont folk medicine, she was able to live to the age of eighty-four years. I took the blood pressure of her daughter, when the daughter was in her early fifties. Her blood pressure was a high 225. By following the course established for her mother, she lived to be eighty-one years old."

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

I actually don‘t feel well on ramipril (2.5mg/d) at all - it gives me real bad brain fog and a general mental state of confusion (feels like dementia 1h after taking the medication) and somehow worsens dizziness and makes me feel shortness of breath and faster heart beats. Blood pressure is down a bit, but still 140/70 typically and 130/70 at complete rest.

Honestly didn‘t take any supplements the last days, except some magnesium, when I feel some muscle tension and I feel pretty good.

Honestly not looking forward staying on the BP medication.

I accidentally missed the appointment for liver ultrasound (I had another appointment in mind..) so I sadly don‘t know anything about my current state of my liver.

I continue to have some minor liver pains sometimes…

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals