I think I may have finally fixed my digestion

Perry Staltic

Mine were 18 in Nov ?

I haven’t had time to really figure out why D is supposed to be terrible for you (or not). Some people are really really against oral supplementation

That's deficient. Doesn't matter what anyone thinks, you need to get that up.

professor_sue

So did you ever do antifungals?

If you have hyphae Candida ruining the integrity of your gut lining you’re going to be bloated no matter what you eat.
I take in oregano oil on a fairly regular basis, several times a week. Make a salad dressing of sorts with it and other stuff. I also consume some black cumin seed oil fairly regularly to help with gut issues. I will have some periods of time where I feel okay but it's not often. It sucks because it consumes my days when I could be doing something else either fun or even my work-life. I tried biofilm caps one time and wanted to die. Thought I was going to blow up. Dumped the $60 bottle out. Lol ... I do not even want to think about how much I have spent on supplements and food and didn't use or eat. Sad, but it is what it is. Every Christmas and birthday, I ask for new intestines. Jokingly but a tad seriously.

OP
D

dogtrainer

So you're using MSM as your only antifungal ? Dodnt you talk about other supplements in the wondro thread?

Do you think commercial yogurt works as well ?

What a about l glutamine , you didn't mention it in your TLDR . Did it help significantly?

What single ingredient helped the most ?
So I make a powder that has roughly equal amounts MSM and slippery elm. I added glutamine to this. Can’t remeber how much. Not a lot. Probably a T in a big quart jar of powder. I just added it as an afterthought. Basically you want to make a gel and add enough “active ingredient” that suspends itself in the mix. But you shouldn’t start at 1Tbsp MSM. You need to start with pinches and build up. You might get a killer headache.

I took other antifungals at the beginning of this month. SF722 very consistently, candex not very consistently, and pay darco not very consistently. I seem to remember taking Allicin a few times. I use allicin as a flavor ingredient in my carrot salad. ? I am sorry it’s a bit of blur and I tend to forget what I have taken.

But. The past week I haven’t had to reach for a single ginger or cascara, or felt the need to take anything for bloating. That’s huge.

If I had a gun to my head I would say the most effective single ingredient would be...a synergistic combo of all three. MSM gel, yogurt, and PHGG. ? plus other healthful practices like eating enough, walking, breathing well, sun exposure, enough salt, low stress, etc. I was already doing all those healthful things for the past 3.5 years though and didn’t see much improvement. I honestly think for me, I needed to significantly change the overall environment of the gut.

OP
D

dogtrainer

I take in oregano oil on a fairly regular basis, several times a week. Make a salad dressing of sorts with it and other stuff. I also consume some black cumin seed oil fairly regularly to help with gut issues. I will have some periods of time where I feel okay but it's not often. It sucks because it consumes my days when I could be doing something else either fun or even my work-life. I tried biofilm caps one time and wanted to die. Thought I was going to blow up. Dumped the $60 bottle out. Lol ... I do not even want to think about how much I have spent on supplements and food and didn't use or eat. Sad, but it is what it is. Every Christmas and birthday, I ask for new intestines. Jokingly but a tad seriously.
Might look into SF722 or even just go down the list of “Candida supplements” on Amazon.

I have probably dropped 20K on supplements, programs, consultations with people.

I don’t know if any of these things will work for you, hell I’m not sure they’re even *really* working for me. But I’ve had a few weeks of blissful, normal digestion now so even if it quits working at least I had this month of improvement. ?

OP
D

dogtrainer

Yeah Dr. Stasha Gominak found vitamin D is necessary for a healthy microbiome, but sometimes you need a b50 complex for a few months to get the biome to get back to operating order. That's where b vitamins were originally found, our gut bacteria produce and use them.
Yes I found her work right around thanksgiving and thought dang, maybe it’s my chronic low D.

I do have chronic “low beneficial bacteria” on my GI MAP tests too.

InChristAlone

Yes I found her work right around thanksgiving and thought dang, maybe it’s my chronic low D.

It's very likely the reason for it. Pathogenic bacteria are able to get by on way less good input than the beneficial ones. Those ones need good nutrition.

Ismail

Yeah Dr. Stasha Gominak found vitamin D is necessary for a healthy microbiome, but sometimes you need a b50 complex for a few months to get the biome to get back to operating order. That's where b vitamins were originally found, our gut bacteria produce and use them.
Dr Stasha’s research is very interesting and she’s very good at conveying her information clearly. She’s had some good interviews on YouTube with high intensity health YT channel.

InChristAlone

Did you get adrenaline reactions after eating with your gut problems or was it just the uncomfortable bloating?

OP
D

dogtrainer

Perfect Pass doesn't seem to be available in Europe. If anyone has some good alternatives inside the EU I'm interested.
Did you get adrenaline reactions after eating with your gut problems or was it just the uncomfortable bloating?
No not that I know of. Mostly just bloating and feeling full all the time.

Main thing for me was like, dizzy drunk slow feeling. Turns out acetaldehyde can do that.

conrad0602

Might be a stupid question but do you think using vitamin d transdermally would result in less benefits to the microbiome than taking it orally? Or is it the systemic effects that count ?

Korven

I know. And I’m sorry. Trust me I understand. I won’t recommend anything to you. It took me nearly years to try anything related to probiotics. I would have gladly given up 25% of my remaining years to live symptom free the rest of my life.

Of course you have PTSD around food. When you can’t eat you become consumed with low blood sugar dark thoughts. Everything is bleak when you’re in this state. I am so sorry.

I know you’re not looking for advice but don’t discount the fungal side of things. Many times fungus and bacteria complex together in a mutually beneficial biofilm. Candida and S. Aureus can do that, for example. So killing fungus does a lot of good things. It reduces acetaldehyde load, it stops the hyphae from invading your gut, it eliminates a safe harbor for pathogenic bacteria.

Hope you find something that helps soon.

This is super interesting to me about S. Aureus and Candida living together in a biofilm. Where can I find more information on this?

Staph infections has been ruining my skin for years and I just can't seem to get rid off it. This has been a constant source of depression and learned helplessness. And I've also had a lot of other health issues, CFS being the most "sucky" one.

Now recently I started taking Thorne SF722 in another desperate attempt to get rid of recurrent skin infections and maybe also get some energy back. The recommended dosage was 5 pills 2-3x daily so I started munching on them like they were candy.

...MISTAKE. I have taken so many antimicrobials without any major herx'ing so I thought this would be no problem. Holy ***t did I feel awful, serious headaches, flu-like symptoms and waking up in the morning with the worst pain in my stomach and nausea. I backed off and took only 2 pills and die-off symptoms started subsiding.

After this initial phase I have noticed my skin clearing up in a way I've never seen before - the skin on my face literally peeled off like a lizard shedding its skin and Staph pustules are gone (at least for now whilst I am taking the pills). My skin is super dry now (before always oily) so I need to use a moisturizer. And I can't really describe this but I feel more 'alive' than I have in years? Like a weight has lifted off my shoulders, or like that feeling you had as a child or teen where you looked forward to all the amazing things that could happen in the future? I haven't felt like this in a very long time.

I always wrote off Candida as an alternative medicine urban legend but perhaps I actually had some dang stupid SIFO colony releasing toxins into my bloodstream? The Staph connection makes sense with the results I've seen. I had already tried the flowers of sulfur, oregano oil, high dose iodine, boron, grapefruit seed extract, MSM, allicin, etc, etc so didn't think candida was a problem, but maybe I needed the undecylenic acid specifically.

Also awesome to hear you finally found something that worked for your digestion. Thanks for sharing your story.

Last edited:
OP
D

dogtrainer

This is super interesting to me about S. Aureus and Candida living together in a biofilm. Where can I find more information on this?

Staph infections has been ruining my skin for years and I just can't seem to get rid off it. This has been a constant source of depression and learned helplessness. And I've also had a lot of other health issues, CFS being the most "sucky" one.

Now recently I started taking Thorne SF722 in another desperate attempt to get rid of recurrent skin infections and maybe also get some energy back. The recommended dosage was 5 pills 2-3x daily so I started munching on them like they were candy.

...MISTAKE. I have taken so many antimicrobials without any major herx'ing so I thought this would be no problem. Holy ***t did I feel awful, serious headaches, flu-like symptoms and waking up in the morning with the worst pain in my stomach and nausea. I backed off and took only 2 pills and die-off symptoms started subsiding.

After this initial phase I have noticed my skin clearing up in a way I've never seen before - the skin on my face literally peeled off like a lizard shedding its skin and Staph pustules are gone (at least for now whilst I am taking the pills). My skin is super dry now (before always oily) so I need to use a moisturizer. And I can't really describe this but I feel more 'alive' than I have in years? Like a weight has lifted off my shoulders, or like that feeling you had as a child or teen where you looked forward to all the amazing things that could happen in the future? I haven't felt like this in a very long time.

I always wrote off Candida as an alternative medicine urban legend but perhaps I actually had some dang stupid SIFO colony releasing toxins into my bloodstream? The Staph connection makes sense with the results I've seen. I had already tried the flowers of sulfur, oregano oil, high dose iodine, boron, grapefruit seed extract, MSM, allicin, etc, etc so didn't think candida was a problem, but maybe I needed the undecylenic acid specifically.

Also awesome to hear you finally found something that worked for your digestion. Thanks for sharing your story.

Candida albicans and Staphylococcus Species: A Threatening Twosome

OP
D

dogtrainer

Yeah I used to write off Candida too. Too much scammy crap about it on the internet. Only started trying antifungals when nothing else worked.

There’s a lot going on in the gut. Many species, many microenvironments. Maybe you have the hyphae form. Apparently the SF722 targets the hyphae specifically, whereas others target the budding yeast form. So, if you had a biofilm lodged in your gut wall, it might have been harboring some bacteria too that got liberated when you took the SF722. I think most people have a lot going on - fungal, bacterial, even parasitic or viral. It’s very rarely just one thing but a constellation of things.

Check out the work of C.O. Truss if you’re interested. He wrote some books in the 80s about Candida.

OP
D

dogtrainer

Might be a stupid question but do you think using vitamin d transdermally would result in less benefits to the microbiome than taking it orally? Or is it the systemic effects that count ?
Man I don’t know. Would be worth an experiment though!

professor_sue

This is an interesting connection between staph and candida. As a kid, when I was 6 years old, I was in the hospital for a week with some kind of infection. This so weird, but even to this day, my mom--who was a nurse and worked in that hospital!--didn't remember what it was. My guess is staph. I got it through my arm apparently by repeatedly falling while ice skating (??). I think it completely messed up my guts, although my GI issues did not start until my mid-20s during an abusive relationship. I think that was my initial "Conflict Shock," to use GNM terminology, and even though I have prayed, given forgiveness, let go, blessed the person--the woman--who hurt me all those years ago, my issues still remain to this day. Deep seated stuff, I guess.

Anyway, I ordered Thorne SF722 about 15 minutes ago, and I will get it tomorrow. I also ordered some more Thorne Pepti-Gard, and Solaray Gut Shield Powder with L-Glutamine, Zinc Carnosine and Vitamin C in it. I used it many times in the past for what I think I had was leaky gut, and it helped. My issues have clearly returned, some days, with a vengeance. Can't catch a break. I had a bout of food poisoning last fall, from what, I honestly don't even know, and my bowels have not been the same since, no matter what I eat (carnivore to plant-based and in between. Nothing works). But I will keep trying. Taking massive amounts of cascara, while generally ill-advised, always ends up in a wondeful colonic clearing and I enjoy that for a day or so before the pain, bloat, gas, etc. returns.

Mauritio

Yeah I used to write off Candida too. Too much scammy crap about it on the internet. Only started trying antifungals when nothing else worked.

There’s a lot going on in the gut. Many species, many microenvironments. Maybe you have the hyphae form. Apparently the SF722 targets the hyphae specifically, whereas others target the budding yeast form. So, if you had a biofilm lodged in your gut wall, it might have been harboring some bacteria too that got liberated when you took the SF722. I think most people have a lot going on - fungal, bacterial, even parasitic or viral. It’s very rarely just one thing but a constellation of things.

Check out the work of C.O. Truss if you’re interested. He wrote some books in the 80s about Candida.
@Korven
How long have you been taking sf722?
I had a good run with caprylic acid for a few months,but it just stopped working at some point...
Is Thorne's somehow superior to other brands?
It costs like 10x ...

InChristAlone

Did you ever try coffee enemas? I actually just did one because sometimes I just have this sense that there is a biofilm wreaking havoc in there and usually I do see some slimy glob come out and a relief of symptoms. Gut motility really is key in preventing that though.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals