Lactoferrin Is Awesome

I started taking apolactoferrin 7 days ago. I have been taking 300mg morning and night. I plan to switch to just 300mg daily after a month. I have felt like my overall health plateaued about 8 months ago. Peating helped me get myself from feeling terrible to feeling generally better, and all of the progress I made was in a matter of maybe 6 months, but then things stalled. I have been doing a lot to get myself to improve from being stuck at feeling 80% my best. With the apolactoferrin it took about 5 days for me to really notice something had changed. Now I feel a sudden relief, like a normal feeling of health that I haven’t felt in several years. It is hard to place how I feel better exactly, it is just less of a fatigued feeling overall, I plan to update here in the weeks and months to come if I see further improvements. Most noteworthy so far is that I have seen spontaneous healing in my finger. My finger got jammed about 5 months ago, it swelled up to about double the size and instead of it healing over the course of a few weeks (like how my body used to heal in my 20s) it just got stuck in an inflammed state. Just before starting the apolactoferrin the finger was still noticeably larger and had dull pain if I bent it too far. Now in just one week the swelling has gone down to the point where it looks almost completely normal again. I’m pretty amazed because nothing I tried from my arsenal of tools was able to bring any relief to this and I had started to think it was past the point of being healed. This experience has me convinced that much of my struggle with health is at the root a matter of iron disregulation.

magnesiumania

Then you seem to agree with Morley Robbins. He suggest that ALL diease is mineral dysregulation and in particular iron is not metabolized properly in most people. He recommend apolactoferrin for low hemoglobin.

You can bind iron with IP6 also...

DrJ

I agree. I find taking it very helpful and it seems to have a bit of a slimming effect. Seems that free iron is quite involved with bacterial overgrowth. I think lactoferrin helps the gut in that way, by helping to prevent bacteria overgrowth and possibly some times of fungii. Also, when I was reading natedawwg's book, he was saying places of iron excretion on the skin are also where you get bacteria-related problems. Armpits - body oder, and face and back - acne. Pretty interesting, and would mean that managing iron would be key to good body outcomes.

magnesiumania

What also help is to mobilize the unbound iron by increasing Ferroxidase acitivty. This is the enzyme that oxidize one form of iron to another of which the latter can bind to its transport protein (Transferrin).

Makrosky

I started taking apolactoferrin 7 days ago. I have been taking 300mg morning and night. I plan to switch to just 300mg daily after a month. I have felt like my overall health plateaued about 8 months ago. Peating helped me get myself from feeling terrible to feeling generally better, and all of the progress I made was in a matter of maybe 6 months, but then things stalled. I have been doing a lot to get myself to improve from being stuck at feeling 80% my best. With the apolactoferrin it took about 5 days for me to really notice something had changed. Now I feel a sudden relief, like a normal feeling of health that I haven’t felt in several years. It is hard to place how I feel better exactly, it is just less of a fatigued feeling overall, I plan to update here in the weeks and months to come if I see further improvements. Most noteworthy so far is that I have seen spontaneous healing in my finger. My finger got jammed about 5 months ago, it swelled up to about double the size and instead of it healing over the course of a few weeks (like how my body used to heal in my 20s) it just got stuck in an inflammed state. Just before starting the apolactoferrin the finger was still noticeably larger and had dull pain if I bent it too far. Now in just one week the swelling has gone down to the point where it looks almost completely normal again. I’m pretty amazed because nothing I tried from my arsenal of tools was able to bring any relief to this and I had started to think it was past the point of being healed. This experience has me convinced that much of my struggle with health is at the root a matter of iron disregulation.
That sounds good!!! Which brand are you using?

It seems that we might have some biochemical particularities in common because so far I tend to react positively to the same things you react possitively too.

Makrosky

btw lactoferrin is not only about iron it is also about anti fungal, anti viral and anti bacterial properties.

tankasnowgod

btw lactoferrin is not only about iron it is also about anti fungal, anti viral and anti bacterial properties.

All those may stem from it's iron sequestering properties, as nothing stimulates bacterial growth like excess iron.

Douglas Ek

I think many people here struggle with various conditions related to iron metabolism either from to much iron and being antioxidant depleted or having to little iron or not metabolising iron properly due to lack of co-factors like retinol, copper/ ceruloplasmin, taurine, B12, folate etc. Sounds interesting I dealt a lot with low iron problems but if this can sort me out without me having to take iron Ill be happy. Apolactoferrin is the one that has like 0-12% iron right?

OP
Captain_Coconut
Life-extension. I wish I could find something less expensive though. I am about to order another bottle. I have been weighing myself every day for a couple months now. I have found that around 5 pounds variance happens throughout the week depending on how hydrated or well rested I am.... I am not doing anything in terms of calorie restriction or exercise to improve my body composition at the moment, reason being that I was not making any progress when I was doing all the right things. I recently went over a month of exercising 4 times a week, and saw no weight loss or real improvement in strength. For various reasons I started to think that this poor response to exercise must be iron related, as I had bad anemia around 1.5 years ago. This I suspected was related to anemia of inflammation as well as from taking many anti iron substances and generally avoiding red meat. I felt that I took care of this by taking a lot of lysine and vitamin c with a bit of red meat and focusing on improving my metabolism and taking a break from the anti-iron supplements etc. My eyelids color went from near white to a nice full red after about a month of that protocol. Without giving you my life story, through a long process of elimination I started to suspect that I must be at battle with something that likes to steal iron away from me. That it is not as simple as having been too inflammed or having the wrong diet etc, instead that it is something pathogenic. Since I started weighing I had been stuck between 165 and 160 pounds - it felt impossible to get below 160. Now 2 weeks of lactoferrin and I am now at 157 - with no exercise and always eating whenever I feel hungry. I also have had a very good reduction in congestion, for years I would wake up every morning mouth breathing and needing to blow my nose, I don't think anything made a difference for this - it was every morning for at least 2 years without fail from what I recall. The congestion is not 100% fixed - but it is a lot better - now I usually have at least one nostril that is unblocked each morning, and when I do blow my nose it is like 10% of the snot I used to blow out. Seriously I would need to blow my nose for about 2 minutes straight every morning. I am excited about lactoferrin and hopeful that it continues to restore my health!

Makrosky

Life-extension. I wish I could find something less expensive though. I am about to order another bottle. I have been weighing myself every day for a couple months now. I have found that around 5 pounds variance happens throughout the week depending on how hydrated or well rested I am.... I am not doing anything in terms of calorie restriction or exercise to improve my body composition at the moment, reason being that I was not making any progress when I was doing all the right things. I recently went over a month of exercising 4 times a week, and saw no weight loss or real improvement in strength. For various reasons I started to think that this poor response to exercise must be iron related, as I had bad anemia around 1.5 years ago. This I suspected was related to anemia of inflammation as well as from taking many anti iron substances and generally avoiding red meat. I felt that I took care of this by taking a lot of lysine and vitamin c with a bit of red meat and focusing on improving my metabolism and taking a break from the anti-iron supplements etc. My eyelids color went from near white to a nice full red after about a month of that protocol. Without giving you my life story, through a long process of elimination I started to suspect that I must be at battle with something that likes to steal iron away from me. That it is not as simple as having been too inflammed or having the wrong diet etc, instead that it is something pathogenic. Since I started weighing I had been stuck between 165 and 160 pounds - it felt impossible to get below 160. Now 2 weeks of lactoferrin and I am now at 157 - with no exercise and always eating whenever I feel hungry. I also have had a very good reduction in congestion, I would wake up every morning mouth breathing and needing to blow my nose, this is not 100% fixed - but it is a lot better - now I usually have at least one nostril that is unblocked each morning. I am excited about lactoferrin and hopeful that it continues to restore my health!
Btw I bought some potassium bicarbonate, real salt, etc... to try to reply your electrolyte formula. I was going to prepare 1L today but I decided to just try a pinch of potassium bicarbonate on its own (maybe 200-300mg of the thing) and I felt an instant feeling of relaxation. Not drowsy or anything, just like if some anxiety switch was turned off. Well, not turned off, but just went down considerably.

I replicated that some hours later and also found the same effects. That was totally unexpected. And I eat a decent ammount of fruits every day (at least 3-4 pieces and almost always some orange juice).

How is this possible ? I thought it was salt which was anti stress, not potassium.

How is this possible ? Why would I be potassium deficient if I have been low salt for many months

OP
Captain_Coconut
I think many people here struggle with various conditions related to iron metabolism either from to much iron and being antioxidant depleted or having to little iron or not metabolising iron properly due to lack of co-factors like retinol, copper/ ceruloplasmin, taurine, B12, folate etc. Sounds interesting I dealt a lot with low iron problems but if this can sort me out without me having to take iron Ill be happy. Apolactoferrin is the one that has like 0-12% iron right?

Yea Apolactoferrin is what I take, and is supposed to help with iron homeostasis as well - but poses less risk than regular lactoferrin which I guess could bring iron too high in people with already high iron... I like to think of it as a substance that moves iron to where it needs to be while breaking up biofilms, neutralizing endotoxin, and promoting beneficial bacteria in the process.

OP
Captain_Coconut
Btw I bought some potassium bicarbonate, real salt, etc... to try to reply your electrolyte formula. I was going to prepare 1L today but I decided to just try a pinch of potassium bicarbonate on its own (maybe 200-300mg of the thing) and I felt an instant feeling of relaxation. Not drowsy or anything, just like if some anxiety switch was turned off.

I replicated that some hours later and also found the same effects. That was totally unexpected. And I eat a decent ammount of fruits every day (at least 3-4 pieces and almost always some orange juice).

How is this possible ? I thought it was salt which was anti stress, not potassium.

How is this possible ?

I'm not sure how it is possible but I have noticed the same thing, which I have not replicated with juices. Possibly it reaches the cells faster when taken in isolation?

Makrosky

I'm not sure how it is possible but I have noticed the same thing, which I have not replicated with juices. Possibly it reaches the cells faster when taken in isolation?
OK I am glad I'm not the only one. So you noticed the same thing with just the potasium ? Not the full electrolyte mix.

OP
Captain_Coconut
OK I am glad I'm not the only one. So you noticed the same thing with just the potasium ? Not the full electrolyte mix.

Yes. It gives me a very clear head and reduces pain. It's good stuff, just make sure not to overdo it, you will want to get all the other electrolytes too or it can start to become a burden pretty fast.

Makrosky

Yes. It gives me a very clear head and reduces pain. It's good stuff, just make sure not to overdo it, you will want to get all the other electrolytes too or it can start to become a burden pretty fast.
So you think adding real salt to it won't affect its anti anxiety properties ?

Sorry if I'm deranging the thread we can ask charlie to put it in the electrolytes thread.

OP
Captain_Coconut
Oh yeah, the other small miracle from the lactoferrin is that I have measured 99 temperatures about an hour ater waking and before any caffeine or calories, that is simply undocumented for the past 15 months I have taken temps every morning.

OP
Captain_Coconut
So you think adding real salt to it won't affect its anti anxiety properties ?

Sorry if I'm deranging the thread we can ask charlie to put it in the electrolytes thread.

No worries man! Deranged threads are always more fun. Adding salt does not seem to make the anti anxiety effects any lesser for myself. Combined with taurine is very good too.

Makrosky

No worries man! Deranged threads are always more fun. Adding salt does not seem to make the anti anxiety effects any lesser for myself. Combined with taurine is very good too.
Thanks!! I would like to try this apolactoferrin but I am not sure. I don't want to mess with my iron levels, they are all good and I never had anemia or iron problems.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals