Maasai people - lowest life expectancy in the whole world

CDT

i never eat my steaks well done since years,very rare or rare if not raw
Lol, these jerkoffs. Just waiting for some disease. Especially for the factory farmed crap. The heme-iron in the meat literally oxidizes your body from the inside out. Have you not read into the oxidative stress pathways not only for heme iron, but for protein glycation?

OP
Apple

Apple

because their diet is awful
Why would you say that ?
Their diet is milk , blood , meat, honey...They get some fruit and herbs there. Lots of sun and physical activity. Even if to assume that men undergo a lot of stress, their women should live much longer on this diet , yet they live on average until 45

Gungnir

Why would you say that ?
Their diet is milk , blood , meat, honey...They get some fruit and herbs there. Lots of sun and physical activity. Even if to assume that men undergo a lot of stress, their women should live much longer on this diet , yet they live on average until 45
My educated guess is not enough veggies (fight me). The Okinawan diet, which produces the most centenarians in the world, consists primarily of vegetables (many of which are Peatish), with the sweet potato being the main staple. Apparently having excellent, god-like poops is good for ridding the body of toxins (estrogen included).

Nomane Euger

My educated guess is not enough veggies (fight me). The Okinawan diet, which produces the most centenarians in the world, consists primarily of vegetables (many of which are Peatish), with the sweet potato being the main staple. Apparently having excellent, god-like poops is good for ridding the body of toxins (estrogen included).
How do you identify their vegetables consumption as a contributing factor for their longevity?

burtlancast

One factor explaining their poor longevity might be their very tall stature.

Maybe their animal diet produces high growth hormone which depletes their natural stem cells pool.

Fred

Third world countries ALL have lower life expectancy. None of the basics are there ... sanitation, dependable food, basic medicines, etc ... not even division of labor. Division of labor extends life.

Third world countries ALL have lower life expectancy. None of the basics are there ... sanitation, dependable food, basic medicines, etc ... not even division of labor. Division of labor extends life.

exactly. Parasites and endemic disease is everywhere.

Gungnir

@Nomane Euger

Inasmuch as diet affects the longevity and health of a population, I identify their vegetable consumption (and general diet) as a contributing factor for their longevity.

I

i_nomad

Exactly. Limiting the conversation to diet alone can’t properly tell the tale. Very clear evidence that the introduction of basic sanitation (toilets, running water, etc) saw a sharp decline in most diseases and ailments in first-world countries. Let alone their clear lack of access to proper, timely medical care.

Living in third-world conditions is the key.

OP
Apple

Apple

@Nomane Euger

Inasmuch as diet affects the longevity and health of a population, I identify their vegetable consumption (and general diet) as a contributing factor for their longevity.
Inuits don't eat vegetables, yet they live on average 64 to 67 years

Nomane Euger

@Nomane Euger

How do you conclude that it is a positive contribution,and that’s a significant contributing factor for their longevity?you have said that Masai have a terrible diet,and then you said that not Enough veggie is one of the possible cause of their terrible diets,Wich other differences do you see between the diets and how do you conclude that these differences have a major impact on their longevity and it is not other factors?do vegetables include fruits?have you see data where they quantify Masai vegetables consumption?

Gungnir

Inuits don't eat vegetables, yet they live on average 64 to 67 years
So we can conclude the Inuit diet works out for them. That is why there isn't a thread about why the Inuits have such a short lifespan.

However, the Inuit diet is not the Massai diet. And this thread is about why the Massai don't live very long despite their allegedly "good" diet.

Gungnir

How do you conclude that it is a positive contribution,and that’s a significant contributing factor for their longevity?you have said that Masai have a terrible diet,and then you said that not Enough veggie is one of the possible cause of their terrible diets,Wich other differences do you see between the diets and how do you conclude that these differences have a major impact on their longevity and it is not other factors?do vegetables include fruits?have you see data where they quantify Masai vegetables consumption?

"How do you conclude that it is a positive contribution, and that’s a significant contributing factor for their longevity?"
The same way we can conclude that the modern Western diet contributes to a host of health problems (diabetes, hypothyroidism, obesity, etc.). The same reason the "Ray Peat Diet" exists. The same reason making dietary changes can drastically affect your health.

"Do vegetables include fruits?"
No.

"Have you see data where they quantify Masai vegetables consumption?"
No.

OP
Apple

Apple

what is the life expectancy for other tribes that live next to Masai?
Nairobi's life expectancy of 57 years is nearly the same as that of Turkana, at 56.9 years, but very different factors are at play “Nairobi has a much higher HIV prevalence than Turkana, and has higher incidence of malaria and pneumonia

Turkana diet - Mostly milk, blood, meat, but by 1983 also some traded sorghum, maize, millet, and sugar​

Last edited:

Nomane Euger

"How do you conclude that it is a positive contribution, and that’s a significant contributing factor for their longevity?"
The same way we can conclude that the modern Western diet contributes to a host of health problems (diabetes, hypothyroidism, obesity, etc.). The same reason the "Ray Peat Diet" exists. The same reason making dietary changes can drastically affect your health.

"Do vegetables include fruits?"
No.

"Have you see data where they quantify Masai vegetables consumption?"
No.
I do not know which way you are referring to in the first part of your message »by the same way.... »,if you havnt See data which quantify Masai vegetables consumption why do you assume that their diet do not contain enough vegetables?

OP
Apple

Apple

So we can conclude the Inuit diet works out for them. That is why there isn't a thread about why the Inuits have such a short lifespan.

However, the Inuit diet is not the Massai diet. And this thread is about why the Massai don't live very long despite their allegedly "good" diet.
Tarahumara Indians - life expectancy 45
the simple diet of the Tarahumara Indians, composed primarily of beans and corn, provided a high intake of complex carbohydrate and was low in fat and cholesterol. Their diet was found to be generally of high nutritional quality and would, by all criteria, be considered antiatherogenic.

JacobG

How high is child mortality in Maasai? I'd bet that once someone makes it above 8 years and they are on the traditional diet their life expectancy is similar to developed countries.

LA

In many instances wikipedia is not always good reference.
In this case the wiki article clearly shows that their lifestyle was severely altered due to outside interference after the 1935 report issued by Dr. Price:

"In the summer of 1935 Dr. Weston A. Price visited the Maasai and reported that according to Dr. Anderson from the local government hospital in Kenya most tribes were disease-free. Many had not a single tooth attacked by dental caries nor a single malformed dental arch. In particular the Maasai had a very low 0.4% of bone caries. He attributed that to their diet consisting of (in order of volume) raw milk, raw blood, raw meat and some vegetables and fruits, although in many villages they do not eat any fruit or vegetables at all. He noted that when available every growing child and every pregnant or lactating woman would receive a daily ration of raw blood.
. . .
A traditional pastoral lifestyle has become increasingly difficult due to outside influences of the modern world. Garrett Hardin's article, outlining the "tragedy of the commons", as well as Melville Herskovits' "cattle complex" helped to influence ecologists and policy makers about the harm Maasai pastoralists were causing to savannah rangelands. This concept was later proven false by anthropologists but is still deeply ingrained in the minds of ecologists and Tanzanian officials.[105] This influenced British colonial policy makers in 1951 to remove all Maasai from the Serengeti National Park and relegate them to areas in and around the Ngorongoro Conservation Area (NCA). The plan for the NCA was to put Maasai interests above all else, but this promise was never met. The spread of HIV was rampant.

Also, the Massai have been targeted for massive innoculations for too many years now. They were very beautiful, strong and healthy at one time. Dig deep for older sources in books and secreted away in archives

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals