Matt Blackburn going keto and "ditching ray peat"

mamakitty

He’s addicted to trying new products and drinking whatever cool-aid some super smart guy sells him. And Matt is a phenomenal sales men.

he drinks cool aid from SEEMINGLY super smart guys.
He’s hardly a phenomenal salesman himself, just slick like all the others.

Dapose

Forum Supporter
he drinks cool aid from SEEMINGLY super smart guys.
He’s hardly a phenomenal salesman himself, just slick like all the others.
👍
A good salesman is Slick. And generally very convincing until you spend more time with them until you want to run away from there pleasant sounding lies and assumptions presented as facts.

A very bad salesman is Ray Peat. That is why I love him so much. He would tell you where to get water in the desert rather then sell you an overpriced water bottle that’s off gassing plastics is deterium depleted and UV sterilized and has shilijit and and…

Ray just helps people. How could anyone turn their back on that?

joaquin

Is this the same Matt Blackburn that said something to the effect of: don't ever skip breakfast or you will get cancer?
I turned him off at that point as I skip breakfast all the time and my health did not excel until I started doing this. 40 years of mitochondrial dysfunction was improved in me by skipping breakfast and I was not about to let some clown tell me I was wreckin' your thighroid pffft

mamakitty

👍
A good salesman is Slick. And generally very convincing until you spend more time with them until you want to run away from there pleasant sounding lies and assumptions presented as facts.

A very bad salesman is Ray Peat. That is why I love him so much. He would tell you where to get water in the desert rather then sell you an overpriced water bottle that’s off gassing plastics is deterium depleted and UV sterilized and has shilijit and and…

Ray just helps people. How could anyone turn their back on that?
Very valid points there, bro!
I, too, hate salespeople so much. Anytime I find out a health “guru” is hawking his products, I get so wary of his advice.

Jennifer L

He had VERY hardcore views on so many things. Iron was the cause of all health problems and he was overloaded since childhood from iron fortified foods. Then Mitolife comes out with liver pills and he says he's been iron deficient his whole life. Vitamin D supplementation was apparently destroying everyones health and then he got a blood test and changed his mind. He use to tell people fasting and low carb were dangerous and now he's keto eating one meal a day. It's quite comical. Maybe crediting Ray or anyone else for his ideas and good health wasn't something he liked so he's changed his thinking. For someone saying how healthy he was he sure did a 180. Maybe he wants to be Dave Asprey not Ray Peat. We all know where the money is.

DaveFoster

This is part of the problem with having a codified diet set around a man, Ray Peat, and why he didn't like the idea. It's difficult to bash rational thought and academic inquiry; these are things the Dr. Peat identified himself with more than "the Ray Peat diet," and also what he will not be known for. He'll be known for the diet. Why? Because people care about weight loss. It's also easy to tweak the diet than to actually change the environment.

"Let's all eat a good diet and go to workplaces that we hate and live in a society that seeks to dehumanize." Just be sure to get the diet right. That'll be the turning point.

Sefton10

197746F8-A8E4-4328-B7F9-8A61CC85B57B.jpeg

View: https://twitter.com/maxlugavere/status/1625194989939744768?s=46&t=MM3VpKH7ZWWoJouW60qxOA

Dobbler

He has been gulping down cod liver oil for months straight outta bottle and now his blood sugar is f*ck*d up ... "surprised pikachu face" here.

joaquin

He had VERY hardcore views on so many things. Iron was the cause of all health problems and he was overloaded since childhood from iron fortified foods. Then Mitolife comes out with liver pills and he says he's been iron deficient his whole life. Vitamin D supplementation was apparently destroying everyones health and then he got a blood test and changed his mind. He use to tell people fasting and low carb were dangerous and now he's keto eating one meal a day. It's quite comical. Maybe crediting Ray or anyone else for his ideas and good health wasn't something he liked so he's changed his thinking. For someone saying how healthy he was he sure did a 180. Maybe he wants to be Dave Asprey not Ray Peat. We all know where the money is.
Matt Blackburn, Tim Berzin (sp?) and Christopher Walker... three bros I wish I had never known about. Oh that I had never listened to these three jesters and their conflicting dangerous advice.

joaquin

@LadyRae I didn't see any recent videos on his channel regarding OMAD, keto, etc on YouTube. And maybe he blocked me on Instagram. One time I offered a question in the spirit of constructive criticism and I believe he kicked me out at that time.

LadyRae

Today he has been collecting and posting testimonials in his stories of other people who have blown up on a supposed "pro-metabolic approach."
Oh my gosh! 🙄 My daughter is on Instagram but I just haven't had the interest to get on there. But I guess you do get more up to date information from certain people. I just see her scrolling along vapidly all the time and I just can't bring myself to do it😅.

But that explains why I have not heard about the keto and once a day eating thing that everyone's talking about.... He's going to make himself so ill 😞

LadyRae

@LadyRae I didn't see any recent videos on his channel regarding OMAD, keto, etc on YouTube. And maybe he blocked me on Instagram. One time I offered a question in the spirit of constructive criticism and I believe he kicked me out at that time.
Apparently this newest information is all on his Instagram...😐

Osukhan

Matt Blackburn, Tim Berzin (sp?) and Christopher Walker... three bros I wish I had never known about. Oh that I had never listened to these three jesters and their conflicting dangerous advice.
i havent looked into Thermo diet much with Walker, but i just started listening to the Thermo diet podcase bc they had jay feldman and Perdro Amaral on.
any key take aways from Walker that you didnt like?

joaquin

i havent looked into Thermo diet much with Walker, but i just started listening to the Thermo diet podcase bc they had jay feldman and Perdro Amaral on.
any key take aways from Walker that you didnt like?
Just something about him rubs me the wrong way. Just the fact that he is a salesman is not altogether wrong. But this idea that eating one walnut will obliterate one's testosterone is ridicurous. And then there's his claims of once having cancer but if that is true, he needs to divulge more that. Seeing as he is a salesman, it would not be honourable for him to embellish something like that.

Momma

Today he has been collecting and posting testimonials in his stories of other people who have blown up on a supposed "pro-metabolic approach."
Blown up? So this is about weight; aesthetics?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals