natural beauty care from a peat perpspective

tara

I won't say I'm looking any younger, but I think my rate of wrinkle development has slowed right down since I started eating more sugar and more altogether, and less PUFA over the last couple of years - and who knows which of the other nutrients are also helping.
I also use a mix of coconut oil, cocoa butter, beeswax, with a little lanolin and vit-E as a general moisturiser, sporadically on face and neck, but not every day. Or occasionally a little butter, or rub a lump of cocoa butter on skin. Occasionally topical aspirin + niacinamide after accidental sunburn.

ilovethesea

Funny you mention that Sue because I bought some lip balm made from olive oil, cocoa butter, beeswax, castor oil, aloe. It's Badger brand. I think I have throw it away as it's making my lips so sore and dry. Yesterday and entire layer peeled off like a sheet. Very weird.

ilovethesea

Derma E brand is ok for skin. They have some oil free moisturizers, and some with macadamia oil (which I think would be ok?). Also I found the Body Shop organics line moisturizer is ok. It has babasu oil but apparently not a PUFA.

Haidut told me in another thread he is working on a skincare cream, so I'm holding out for that!!!

natedawggh

A diet high in calcium will increase skin tone and suppleness. A deficiency of calcium causes dry skin and brittle nails/hair. If you have dull skin and slow healing scars/stretch marks you are definitely not getting enough calcium in your diet. Consider adding eggshell calcium as a supplement.

SQu

I get lots of calcium especially since I realized how good it made me feel. Teeth Hair and skin have always been good, other than my lips. Nails brittle, thin and crumbling and with beau's lines. mixed bag but the most important things are good. Ilovethesea I would personally find olive oil too light and the aloe drying. Not sure about the castor oil.

Giraffe

I use grounded coffee (the waste from making coffee) for exfoliation. My skin loves it; the dry skin on the shin has become much softer.

Peata

sueq said:
I get lots of calcium especially since I realized how good it made me feel. Teeth Hair and skin have always been good, other than my lips. Nails brittle, thin and crumbling and with beau's lines. mixed bag but the most important things are good. Ilovethesea I would personally find olive oil too light and the aloe drying. Not sure about the castor oil.

How much calcium do you get, Sue? If you track it..

SQu

Hi peata I'm not currently tracking and I'm also drinking less milk because it's winter but compensating with eggshell because otherwise I ache. Just worked it out though and looks like about 2500 mg (not sure how much is recommended). Calcium has been a lifesaver for me.

Ulla

Hello

I came across many short texts around the internet that are suggesting having a coffee as a peeling. Also good for help removing cellulite.
Any concrete experiences from anyone?

Many of coffee drinkers do not realise that used coffee grounds contain the same anti-oxidant and other beneficial compounds that are used in the luxury skincare products. Used coffee grounds and are just too good to be wasted! They cost nothing and can improve your skin appearance just after a single use!

Catcream

Dr roebucks , an Australian company , looks pretty peat friendly for skin cream . Happy to be corrected on that one. I have just ordered , will let you know.Coffee grounds are full of oil and make a wonderful scrub or bath combined with Epsom salt, sugar and coconut oil . . And would love Haidut to concoct something .... Vitamin e, niacinimide along those lines !

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals