Peata's Log For Weight Loss & Misc

leo

All's good.
Like TBP said, I also do not agree with all this dr. has to say…she sells stuff...….there are a lot of snake oil salespeople on the net. We have to do due diligence for sure. But from the little I have read about her, I feel she was given a bum rap for not complying with the medical mafia in her area. They did revoke her license, but not because of turpentine. She p'o'd the pharmaceutical reps by not prescribing enough..

Regarding turpentine: the US medical system often pushes "poison's' as a cure….radiation, chemo, etc. The key to handling these poisons is in the dosage.

I have digestive issues….mostly come and go diarheas. I am going to try it. I am also curious about nate's cilantro detox for high iron. (and his theory of high iron preventing weight loss)

My only issues with both treatments, is how do we know things are not just going to get moved around. I know TBP SAW the critters but do we know that they all come out, or do some run like hell and hide out somewhere else?

Same with the iron chelation….how do we know the iron doesn't relocate?

These are my only issues with detox protocols.

Peata sorry for the hijack!

leo

Forgot to add: I eat raw tuna and sushi weekly. I also live in the tropics and am barefoot outside at times. More than likely I have parasites. Our pediatrician used to de worm my kids at the start of every school year. Never knew what was in his potion, but my kids are still alive and well.

OP
Peata

Peata

You are using pure gum spirits, okay, it is still used as paint thinner.

Makes it sound really scary that way, doesn't it. And I can go buy linseed oil in the same section as the paint thinners, varnish removers, etc. And I can also buy linseed in the health food store or online where it's being promoted as a health-saver.

You may be confusing the petroleum and mineral turpentine with the product from pine trees. Turpentine has terpenes which are in many essential oils.

This is from wikipedia on the role of alpha-pinene: At low exposure levels, α-Pinene is a bronchodilator in humans, and is highly bioavailable with 60% human pulmonary uptake with rapid metabolism or redistribution.[9] α-Pinene is an anti-inflammatory via PGE1,[9] and seems to be a broad-spectrum antibiotic.[10] It exhibits activity as an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor, aiding memory.[9] α-Pinene forms the biosynthetic base for CB2 ligands, such as HU-308.[9]

Also has beta-pinene found in other plants too, such as cumin, hops, cannabis.

You know there are poisons in nature too, just because it is from a tree doesn't mean it is safe to ingest.

Yes, I'm fully aware.

--

I don't advise anyone to take turpentine, but for me, I am convinced it's worth a try in small quanitities.

OP
Peata

Peata

Peata sorry for the hijack!

No problem, Leo, I don't ever mind. It's really good to see you here. I've thought about you at times and wondered how you are doing. Thanks for your kind words, it's nice to have support. Hope to hear updates from you.

Turpentine has been used for traditional self-medication in the United States, and fatal poisonings have been reported in children who have ingested as little as 15 mL of the material. 3 Turpentine is among the most commonly ingested poisons among childhood cases reported to poison control centers. 12

Turpentine will irritate the respiratory pathways. 13 A case report documents a male, 20 years of age treated with oxygen, steroids, and eventually intercostal tube drainage after turpentine-induced chemical pneumonitis that evolved into a bronchopleural fistula. 14 Toxic effects of turpentine ingestion include headache, insomnia, coughing, vomiting, hematuria, albuminuria, and coma. 1

Turpentine Uses, Benefits & Dosage - Drugs.com Herbal Database

OP
Peata

Peata

Do not give it to children/babies. Do not inhale it. Do not take more than a tiny amount if as an adult, one chooses to take it.

OP
Peata

Peata

Last night I took 2 Tablespoons of Pepto Bismol before bed. Woke up to no diarrhea, yay. Normal bowel movement except an obvious line of demarcation of regular stool and black stool caused by the Pepto. Gross but I also saw a string of mucus.

I'm going to take it like I did last time: if diarrhea starts to come back, take more Pepto until it does not. Before I never even had to go over the recommended dosage frequency on the bottle for this. I wish I had gone back to Pepto a lot sooner. Maybe with the turpentine I took over the weekend, I'll knock this thing down for good.

leo

I'm fine Peata….thank you for asking. I follow your posts with interest.
I will be sure to follow up if the turpentine works for me. I have not received it yet.

Wishing you the best with your problem……I have had that before it is draining.

OP
Peata

Peata

fatal poisonings have been reported in children who have ingested as little as 15 mL of the material.

15 mL is THREE TEASPOONS. I personally wouldn't take more than one teaspoon as an adult. Some people just use drops of it on the sugar.

Common sense is in order as in all things people want to consume. As an adult, I have the choice to consume it and how much. I accept the risk for myself. Children/babies do not have the choice if an adult is administering it. Or if it's left where children could get into it. Don't give it to children/babies. Don't huff it; don't inhale it.

OP
Peata

Peata

Knock on wood, but I haven't had any breathing prob or coughing since Sunday. I haven't been taking Singulair the last few days, and I'm down to one dose per day on the inhaler, which I've been taking anyway, just in case. Since I got over the bronchitis, the meds have kept the cough under control. I don't think I'm out of my worst allergy time either because pollen is in the air and normally I will have issues for a while to come. I may not be out of the woods yet, but it's nice to have a break and take less meds.

Last edited:
So, back to the original theme of this log: I'm curious Peata, do you still take metformin? If I recall correctly, it was helpful to you in the past....just wondering if that is still the case?

I know absolutely NOTHING about metformin, but am wanting to learn more. Some peeps absolutely rave about the stuff for fat loss and others seem to hate it...not sure why?

OP
Peata

Peata

So, back to the original theme of this log: I'm curious Peata, do you still take metformin? If I recall correctly, it was helpful to you in the past....just wondering if that is still the case?

I know absolutely NOTHING about metformin, but am wanting to learn more. Some peeps absolutely rave about the stuff for fat loss and others seem to hate it...not sure why?

No, I went off it some time back. When I first went on it a decade ago, it helped me lose weight. But it made me really sick too, nausea and diarrhea. I lost too much weight. Then things seemed to level off after time on it, but I think it worked against me in the long run. It stopped having any benefit that I could tell. And then I read how it's not great for mitochondria and increases lactic acid. I figure I'm better off without it. Especially since I get better results from high-dose Biotin. That's what I would recommend instead of Metformin. I would never have known to use Biotin except for Haidut's posts:

Using vitamins (biotin) for improving glucose control
Biotin Restores Glucose Metabolism Even In Type I Diabetes
Biotin promotes glycogen synthesis

Heidi

Gross but I also saw a string of mucus.
A string of mucus could be a round worm, They often look like that. I had a really bad problem with ascaris and passed tons of them (when I took things to kill them) over a period of 2-3 years. Sometimes they looked like a worm, but more often they were deteriorated and looked more like strands of mucus or chopped up pasta, or like some weird kind of seaweed. They breed in your lungs, so you can have a cough or lung problems with them. Also, I had lots of short strands of nasal mucus, that I now think were young worms. The turpentine you took might have been successful in killing one.

Thanks for the metformin info, good to know!!!

I use high dose Biotin too, although I started it years ago for other reasons (major hair loss when severely hypo). I began taking large quantities of various B vitamins and noticed that they made me feel so much better. I'm guessing that I had serious malabsorption from my years of microbial mayhem.

I haven't read these posts yet (at least that I can remember :???:), so thanks for the links!

You may recall that I am/was technically "diabetic" according to main stream medical standards....I despise labelling myself and falling victim to the fear mongering that goes along with that specific label, so instead of calling myself diabetic, I prefer the term glucose regulation challenged, LOL.

I put the glucometer away two years ago because it was totally stressing me out. I've been working diligently on diet/digestion and supplements which has worked well.

Now that I don't feel so overwhelmed with previous gut health issues I decided to get the meter out (earlier this month) to see where I'm at. I was sorta shocked and bummed to see less than ideal fasting blood glucose numbers AGAIN (always over 100, but not always over the diabetic magical number of 126), so now I'm working out the reasons for this.

One major factor has been low levels of light/short days of winter. I become much more sedentary during winter and recently took up walking again earlier this month and that has helped tremendously.

I also had been slacking on my mega B vitamin intake, my digestion has been so much better that I guess I kinda got tired of the endless supplementation. I take all my B's separately in order to tailor the dose of each one, but it's major a pain in the *ss since most of them are powders and taste ICKY.

I added chromium this month (something I've never supplemented with until now) and that has had a good impact too.

Anyways, I have a new theory (oh gawd, here we go again:roll:)...I'm thinking my inability to lose this last bit of exceedingly stubborn fat might be due to my erratic blood sugar regulation....but I have no idea the EXACT mechanism driving my personal situation. Although I've never been diagnosed with PCOS, I certainly have some of the symptoms, especially regarding blood glucose regulation. This seems to be a nasty hormonal hairball which is not as straightforward as some make it out to be.

Could also be that I eat too much:lol:....but I don't wish to lower calories because then I start to get cold, no good.

I'm gonna try to work up the nerve to go in for labs in order to get a better picture of what is happening. Most likely I will get the "pre-diabetic/diabetic" medication lecture depending on what the labs say from that specific draw.

Do you still track your blood sugars? If so, have you noticed any patterns related to certain foods/seasonal fluctuations? Is your blood glucose perfectly controlled?

Sorry for so many questions and please don't feel obligated to answer anything if you don't feel like it.

A string of mucus could be a round worm, They often look like that. I had a really bad problem with ascaris and passed tons of them (when I took things to kill them) over a period of 2-3 years. Sometimes they looked like a worm, but more often they were deteriorated and looked more like strands of mucus or chopped up pasta, or like some weird kind of seaweed. They breed in your lungs, so you can have a cough or lung problems with them. Also, I had lots of short strands of nasal mucus, that I now think were young worms. The turpentine you took might have been successful in killing one.

Oh YUM!!! Hooray for turpentine!!!

OP
Peata

Peata

Oh. Wow. Gulp.

Thank you for that information, Heidi. Is it possible they can look like a little string of cervical mucous? If you've ever seen that during your cycle. I would have sworn that's what it was, but I'm not to that place in my cycle yet this month. (and also it was in the stool, not on the toilet paper).

I may try some more drops of turpentine tomorrow or the next day.

OP
Peata

Peata

I also had been slacking on my mega B vitamin intake, my digestion has been so much better that I guess I kinda got tired of the endless supplementation. I take all my B's separately in order to tailor the dose of each one, but it's major a pain in the *ss since most of them are powders and taste ICKY.

I have been taking a liquid B complex but it doesn't have very much B1, B2, etc. I take extra B1 and Biotin, and I'm going to start back on some niacinamide. Also going to take a little extra B2, after Haidut talking about how these vitamins can help the liver get rid of estrogen. It is a pain to take them seperately, I know.

Although I've never been diagnosed with PCOS, I certainly have some of the symptoms, especially regarding blood glucose regulation.

You probably know, you don't have to have all the symptoms to have it. The blood glucose & insulin problem is a feature of it though.

Do you still track your blood sugars? If so, have you noticed any patterns related to certain foods/seasonal fluctuations? Is your blood glucose perfectly controlled?

No, like you it just caused stress because I wasn't handling sugars well when I switched from lower carb to higher sugar on RP foods. I tested it some back then, and recall higher fasting levels. I may buy some test strips or see if I have any around and test it one of these days. Maybe I should be more concerned, but I've felt a lot better on the Biotin and E, and so haven't been as concerned lately.

tara

it's an industrial chemical first of all
another source this guy had was something on petreloeum products being used in africa or something as medicine, but it just stated that it was not fit for human consumption.
It sounds as though you may be talking about mineral turpentine, a petrochemical? This is different from the gum spirits of turpentine distilled from pine sap, which TBP an Peata are discussing.
I don't think there is anything wrong with you taking a cautious approach to new substance - better to spend a bit of time checking out the risks than just assuming safety. As far as I can tell, TBP has done her work on researching this one sufficiently to satisfy herself that she is happy with the risk/benefit ratio for her situation. She is not saying every one should use it, or that it would be safe in any quantity for everyone.

When it comes to killing parasites, it can be a hard thing to do without having a cost to the host organism. If parasites are causing enough trouble, it may be worth risking minor harm to the host in order to get rid of them.

One of the advised ways to mitigate the risks is to start with small amounts and gradually increase. This way it should be easier to notice a problem and stop before it causes severe damage, if one is paying attention.

They tend to take a dim view of advising patients to drink varnish.
Have you read Peat's references to varnish? Many doctors seem to recommend the PUFA oils that make up varnish, over the SFAs that Peat advises are safer.
The FDA and AMA also take a dim view of people being cured by non-pharmaceutical methods, or doctors not prescribing enough to drugs to keep the pharmaceutical companies super profitable. Being kicked out by the FDA or the AMA doesn't seem to me to be strong evidence either for or against the soundness of someone's advice, unless one reads the reasons in detail and finds them to be sound. Again, nothing wrong with being cautious. But assuming the FDA or the AMA are the bastions of safety and good sense doesn't strike me as terribly reliable.

It resonated with me (pun intended)
lol

tara

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals