Retinol Palmitate Vs Acetate

Gadsie

I purchased the nutrisorb A (retinyl palmitate) without doing enough research at first, and now I read that all the studies showing beneficial effects use retinol acetate, I see little positive reports about retinol palmitate..
Am I better off trashing it and just eating liver?

sunraiser

I purchased the nutrisorb A (retinyl palmitate) without doing enough research at first, and now I read that all the studies showing beneficial effects use retinol acetate, I see little positive reports about retinol palmitate..
Am I better off trashing it and just eating liver?

I have had success with Palmitate. It has worked for one or two other forum users I've seen as well.

Liver doesn't seem to provide me with vitamin A for some reason. The effects have been negative while having positives from retinol palmitate. I find I need a little taurine when supplementing vitamin A, though.

I still have veterinary palmitate. It does nothing for me even in a dose up to 200.000 iu per day. Retinol acetate is higly effective for my condition in a dose of 50.000 per day.

thats crazy high doses
Vitamin A (retinol) Is Not Toxic To The Liver In High Doses

And another study says mean daily intake for a man in Iceland is about 10.000iu all life long http://folk.uio.no/runeb/pdf filer/Vitamin A toxicity.PDF

Intervention trials Controlled studies aimed at secondary cancer prevention, also demonstrates that daily doses of 300,000 to 600,000 IU retinol (90-180 mg retinol or 1.3-2.6 mg retinol/kg) as retinol in oily preparations for many months or years have usually been required to produce signs of hypervitaminosis A in adults (Gossel and Bricker, 1994). (Sankaranarayanan et al Oral Oncol 1997, Van Zandwijk et al. J Natl Cancer Inst 2000, Boccardo et al J Cancer Res Clin 1990). The adverse clinical side-effects reported after 1-2 years of treatment were mild dermatological symptoms (dryness, desquamation, itching) in 40-55% of the intervention group. However, toxic symptoms are developed earlier when similar doses of emulsified water-soluble formula are used, as in an Italian study (Pastorino et al., 1993) where doses of 300,000 IU retinol (90 mg retinol or 1.3 mg retinol/kg) were given daily for twelve months to patients with stage I non-smallcell lung cancer. Serum levels of g-glutamyltranspeptidase rose during treatment, but were significantly higher only after two years. Serum triacylglycerol levels increased 63% over the first year of treatment and were significantly higher than those of controls at 8 and 12 months (Infante et al., 1991; Pastorino et al., 1991). The majority of adverse events in the Italian study were dermatological (dryness, desquamation, itching). Thus, these placebo-controlled clinical intervention trials with patients and healthy individuals suggest that daily doses of 1.3 mg retinol/kg in oil generates mild side effects after 1-2 years of treatment in a about half of the treated group, while similar dose in an emulsified form generates more serious side effects in most of the treated group after shorter time of exposure. This conclusion is in agreement with the case reports that suggest that 2 mg retinol in oil/kg/day is safe for at least one year.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Vitamin A (retinol) Is Not Toxic To The Liver In High Doses

And another study says mean daily intake for a man in Iceland is about 10.000iu all life long http://folk.uio.no/runeb/pdf filer/Vitamin A toxicity.PDF

Intervention trials Controlled studies aimed at secondary cancer prevention, also demonstrates that daily doses of 300,000 to 600,000 IU retinol (90-180 mg retinol or 1.3-2.6 mg retinol/kg) as retinol in oily preparations for many months or years have usually been required to produce signs of hypervitaminosis A in adults (Gossel and Bricker, 1994). (Sankaranarayanan et al Oral Oncol 1997, Van Zandwijk et al. J Natl Cancer Inst 2000, Boccardo et al J Cancer Res Clin 1990). The adverse clinical side-effects reported after 1-2 years of treatment were mild dermatological symptoms (dryness, desquamation, itching) in 40-55% of the intervention group. However, toxic symptoms are developed earlier when similar doses of emulsified water-soluble formula are used, as in an Italian study (Pastorino et al., 1993) where doses of 300,000 IU retinol (90 mg retinol or 1.3 mg retinol/kg) were given daily for twelve months to patients with stage I non-smallcell lung cancer. Serum levels of g-glutamyltranspeptidase rose during treatment, but were significantly higher only after two years. Serum triacylglycerol levels increased 63% over the first year of treatment and were significantly higher than those of controls at 8 and 12 months (Infante et al., 1991; Pastorino et al., 1991). The majority of adverse events in the Italian study were dermatological (dryness, desquamation, itching). Thus, these placebo-controlled clinical intervention trials with patients and healthy individuals suggest that daily doses of 1.3 mg retinol/kg in oil generates mild side effects after 1-2 years of treatment in a about half of the treated group, while similar dose in an emulsified form generates more serious side effects in most of the treated group after shorter time of exposure. This conclusion is in agreement with the case reports that suggest that 2 mg retinol in oil/kg/day is safe for at least one year.
@stargazer1111 would disagree.
Grant Genereux's Theory Of Vitamin A Toxicity

stargazer1111

I think the main problem here is sample size. Most of the literature I see promoting this "300,000 IU - 600,000 IU" range as the toxic range has small sample sizes.

The truth is that there are many genes regulating the metabolism of vitamin A (most of which are near loci that are associated with Alzheimer's, frighteningly) and the ability to tolerate vitamin A is most likely quite variable among people. One of the primary determinants of this is the amount of retinol-binding protein you produce which is also likely quite variable among people.

Citing research that says this or that amount is likely to be non-toxic is dangerous and will lead more people to do the same moronic thing that I did by taking 100,000 IU per day for a couple of months thinking that it is safe.

It might be safe but it might not be and, if it turns out not to be safe for you, the damage is extraordinary because vitamin A is a very potent toxin when it reaches toxic levels. There is no debate in the scientific community about that.

GorillaHead

Reporting in. There are def differences between these two types. And i am not sure if it has to fo with potency. I wish we could understand the mechanism here

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals